• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I guess I'll play wario now...
or melee
Lol. :metaknight: isn't likely to be banned at our events. It's up to the TO:

-Coney would likely ban :metaknight: as his tourney and I'm sure most would still come.

-Gimr/Aposl? I have no idea what they have in mind.

Is that all the current TO's?^
meep if you came back youll be unbeatable

please caome back so we can train for 10 hours straight again
Without :metaknight: Meep could/would easily dominate our region (Well depending on how he does vs June).

:018:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Doubt it. The playstyle Omni uses with MK doesn't work for the other characters.

IMO he ain't getting first place in this region for AT LEAST 6 months after MK ban. If AT ALL.

Quote me on this one if you ever win Omni. LOLOLOL
I will. :)

falco03

Smash Lord
need a teammate for xandu im asking early

i would like to team
omni june coney neo

if i had to team with
logic boss

shout to my new appentice 2 fast with mk gone i will make him godlike

Coney

Smash Master
-Coney would likely ban :metaknight: as his tourney and I'm sure most would still come.
i plan on it, but i've been planning on it for a while and it's independent of this recent news. i was gonna try it once i heard they apparently run pretty regularly in the midwest and i wanted to try it out as well.

i'm honestly not sure how much this will affect the metagame--most people i've spoken to look at the URS as a joke anyway.

Omni

BRoomer
URC is a joke. It's only going to be accepted by extremely bias TO's.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Lol. :metaknight: isn't likely to be banned at our events. It's up to the TO:
I've had to verify the accounts were legitimate in the poll (lol 905 over the span of 2 weeks), you would be surprised based on the data I read.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
We need TOs who aren't bias to a character who's not broken. Also, Meep lost to Lucarios and DDDs, not MKs ;I

:017:

:phone:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
The length of time allowed for this just means the idiots in the URC can recant the decision.

MikeHAZE posted a pretty good video on who is in it and who is deciding. I'll go ahead and draw it out for you if you haven't seen it, here are the members (I've done you a favor and highlighted the questionable players in red)

AlphaZealot (Ohio) Ranked 4?
Bizkit (New England) Ranked 2
DeLux (Kansas)
Player-1 (Georgia) Ranked 3
t1mmy (Oregon)

T-block (West Canada)
tin Man (East Canada) Ranked 2
Today (Ohio)

ChiboSempai (Pennsylvania) Ranked 4
M@V (Pennsylvania) Ranked 10
Yink (Iowa)

UtD Zac (Texas)
Technical Chase (Michigan)
Xyro77 (Texas)
Ran (Colorado)
Fluttershy (Utah)

MikeHAZE (California)

Those are the people controlling the rules. I want to go ahead and point out the original 9 members of the ruleset committee: (blue indicates no longer a member)

AlphaZealot
Tantalus
Havok

Xyro77
ESAM
Bizkit
Keitaro
ChiboSempai
Alex Strife

AlphaZealot's "Goal" was to make a committee that would have the most influence in the community by the people who actually ran the tournaments, since most people never took the BBR Ruleset seriously (and why should they have, Distant Planet legal? LMAO) so he wanted TO's with sense to make the list.

Chibo was already kind of a radical, but wasn't so bad, then came the idiots. People like t1mmy would just argue all day about useless points and you could never get your point across to him. It became clear to me that the loudest voices win back there, and I left the group. I actually kept secretly spying on them because I had smashboards admin access to the room because it had been set manually for me since I was one of the originals. I saw the room starting to go downhill but never revealed any information to anyone.

Now we have M@V, DeLux, Today, and Yink making decisions about the metagame instead of me, Alex Strife, ESAM, Havok, and Keitaro. I don't know about you, but that seems like they have lost sight of their goal. I don't think the community has been more split before in my life, yet this is the "unity" ruleset.

In addition, the BBR literally has no power. They make the tier lists and the matchup charts and play mafia. It is nearly worthless to be a member of the BBR.

It takes proper analysis of data, matchups, frame data, and results to determine stuff like this. I have no doubt they have looked up the numbers- but do they understand the game? We shall see January 9th.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
The length of time allowed for this just means the idiots in the URC can recant the decision.

MikeHAZE posted a pretty good video on who is in it and who is deciding. I'll go ahead and draw it out for you if you haven't seen it, here are the members (I've done you a favor and highlighted the questionable players in red)

AlphaZealot (Ohio) Ranked 4?
Bizkit (New England) Ranked 2
DeLux (Kansas)
Player-1 (Georgia) Ranked 3
t1mmy (Oregon)

T-block (West Canada)
tin Man (East Canada) Ranked 2
Today (Ohio)

ChiboSempai (Pennsylvania) Ranked 4
M@V (Pennsylvania) Ranked 10
Yink (Iowa)

UtD Zac (Texas)
Technical Chase (Michigan)
Xyro77 (Texas)
Ran (Colorado)
Fluttershy (Utah)

MikeHAZE (California)

Those are the people controlling the rules. I want to go ahead and point out the original 9 members of the ruleset committee: (blue indicates no longer a member)

AlphaZealot
Tantalus
Havok

Xyro77
ESAM
Bizkit
Keitaro
ChiboSempai
Alex Strife

AlphaZealot's "Goal" was to make a committee that would have the most influence in the community by the people who actually ran the tournaments, since most people never took the BBR Ruleset seriously (and why should they have, Distant Planet legal? LMAO) so he wanted TO's with sense to make the list.

Chibo was already kind of a radical, but wasn't so bad, then came the idiots. People like t1mmy would just argue all day about useless points and you could never get your point across to him. It became clear to me that the loudest voices win back there, and I left the group. I actually kept secretly spying on them because I had smashboards admin access to the room because it had been set manually for me since I was one of the originals. I saw the room starting to go downhill but never revealed any information to anyone.

Now we have M@V, DeLux, Today, and Yink making decisions about the metagame instead of me, Alex Strife, ESAM, Havok, and Keitaro. I don't know about you, but that seems like they have lost sight of their goal. I don't think the community has been more split before in my life, yet this is the "unity" ruleset.

In addition, the BBR literally has no power. They make the tier lists and the matchup charts and play mafia. It is nearly worthless to be a member of the BBR.

It takes proper analysis of data, matchups, frame data, and results to determine stuff like this. I have no doubt they have looked up the numbers- but do they understand the game? We shall see January 9th.
Here is the video for reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwG1t1DExXc

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Tant, while i agree that some people in the URC arent qualified i think its quite harsh to call them idiots. I for one am happy that he's banned. Not because he's necessarilly too broken(emphasis on too) but because he's killing the community. Streaming is the future of competetive gaming when it comes to growing the community and getting it attention. When there are 3 or 4 mks in the top 5 of major tournaments it just kills the hype. People at the tournament complain as well as the stream monsters.

PS: mike haze's video was horrible when it comes to the argument that was put forth. The only thing he really said was that the players in the URC arent that good and that no one knows whos in the URC. This argument has nothing to do with whether mk should be banned or not. It's a rabbit trail that tries to make the argument about the URC instead of the actual topic: is mk banworthy?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Most of the Unity people are idiots tho, that is how a lot of us see it. MK isn't killing anything, people won't be coming back or leaving the offline world all of a sudden, several people are already quiting if these unity crap takes over too many events. How those tools gained so much power shows that most of u are sheep, listening too their dumb **** lol.

Omni

BRoomer
Tant, while i agree that some people in the URC arent qualified i think its quite harsh to call them idiots. I for one am happy that he's banned. Not because he's necessarilly too broken(emphasis on too) but because he's killing the community. Streaming is the future of competetive gaming when it comes to growing the community and getting it attention. When there are 3 or 4 mks in the top 5 of major tournaments it just kills the hype. People at the tournament complain as well as the stream monsters.
No one complained in 3S when Top 8 consisted of nearly just Chun's and Yun's.

Bad argument for you to justify the banning of Metaknight because people get bored and/or not hyped about watching MK ditos.

PS: mike haze's video was horrible when it comes to the argument that was put forth. The only thing he really said was that the players in the URC arent that good and that no one knows whos in the URC. This argument has nothing to do with whether mk should be banned or not. It's a rabbit trail that tries to make the argument about the URC instead of the actual topic: is mk banworthy?

The argument had nothing about if MK was ban worthy or not. The topic was who is the URC. And the main point was that Mikehaze doesn't believe the members are qualified to give such a heavy decision. They're making decisions for a specific portion of the community but nobody can tell you who was in the URC above 3-4 people average before the video was shown.

The fact that MK was banned 14-0, regardless if people think MK is banworthy or not, is a statement. Anyone who wants to turn a blind eye to that is just kidding themselves because they don't mind the outcome.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757

Bad argument for you to justify the banning of Metaknight because people get bored and/or not hyped about watching MK ditos.

The argument had nothing about if MK was ban worthy or not. The topic was who is the URC. And the main point was that Mikehaze doesn't believe the members are qualified to give such a heavy decision. They're making decisions for a specific portion of the community but nobody can tell you who was in the URC above 3-4 people average before the video was shown.

The fact that MK was banned 14-0, regardless if people think MK is banworthy or not, is a statement. Anyone who wants to turn a blind eye to that is just kidding themselves because they don't mind the outcome.
They should've just got rid of the gay stages.

Deez.

Smash Lord
Yeah ^ that makes a lot more sense... but some match-ups are still unwinable at pro level. I think they should just test it out and see how it plays out.. if there's more attendance or less attendance.. Its good for the community.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I thought I remember you saying you wanted him banned?
Well, I'm kind of both.
If the community is happier with MK gone, then I think that's the way to go, but MK is the only real fun character in Brawl to me (except maybe Wario but I've put MUCH more time and effort into MK than Wario) so having him gone makes the game not as fun for me.

I'm probably just gonna play Melee cus Sheik is just as fun as Meta Knight.. I wish they just banned RC + Brinstar and kept MK legal but all the ****ing BBR people say no.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Meh. Ppl complaining too much and not giving it a chance... I'll just sit on the side and read the rants of the mk lovers lol.

Side note- mk mains who win tournies shouldn't win baised on their character, but how well they play the game. I say all you MKers take this as an opportunity to show the smash community that it's not mk that's broken but the person whose playing him :). Tho I highly doubt you'll all succeed just maybe some :8...

So you all better start learning new characters, Just like some were basically forced to learn how to use mk...(in a community where 1 character decided the set)

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend

Thanks a lot Omni! People aren't taking the video for what it's worth. I'll address the MK banned subject in my next video. The point of this video is as you stated.

Omni

BRoomer
actually a lot of people complain. A LOT.
were you even active in the 3s scene? People still think 3s is crack and the best sf up to date. streams were always hype especially at evo

look at mvc2. possibly the most popular game for the US. team MSS was everywhere altho the game had a kajillion 3 man combinations. still hype.

my point that your argument in regards to stream hype still stands. since when should the tournament community adjust and cater to stream monsters

KageMurphy

Smash Master
SSR u sound dumb as hell, it's the persons skill that wins, MK is the character they've choosen, they've put in the time and understand everything, that's why not all MK players see extreme success.

Like me and Omni right, he's better cause he thinks faster and knows his options in pretty much all situations(lolnadorite? No). The effort he's put in shows, I think he could have the same success with Falco BUT he hasn't been playing Falco for the last 3 years and put the work in he has with him like he has with MK. Damn.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
It is still possible that MK may still be relegalized. However, a metagame without MK will be very different and interesting. Characters, especially in the high and mid tiers(excluding Fox and Wolf) will become much more viable. I guess I am pretty much impartial on the MK ban issue. To me, its just one less matchup to worry about.

Omni

BRoomer
MK is only banned with people using the Unity Ruleset. That's it.

It's like if the URC said Distant Planet was legal.

Omni

BRoomer
It isn't hard. It's just different.

It's -harder- for MK mains since we've put so much time into MK compared to players like you or June or NEO. In an MK banned realm, MK mains are super behind.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
SSR u sound dumb as hell, it's the persons skill that wins, MK is the character they've choosen, they've put in the time and understand everything, that's why not all MK players see extreme success.

Being dumb is my fav pastime :$

Is that why you went mk? Because of your skills or because you found it fun to win :$? (Curious). EE. You used to main other characters and kinda recently decided to go mk... If you really think it's persons skillz. Then prove me wrong and beat the people you have with someone else besides mk.

I have nothing to prove to anyone... Though I see all mk mains have something to prove to the smash community... Show the community that it's not the character that's broken. It's the person behind the controller... Maybe that will unban mk if ppl see it's not the character that's broken :8. Though like I said I highly doubt mk mains will do as well in tourny as before, besides certain ppl like ally.

Top Bottom