• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
is there a tutorial on editing bone index's because im going to see if changing the bone index of the Z bone (TransN) to 9

shock44

Smash Journeyman
is there a tutorial on editing bone index's because im going to see if changing the bone index of the Z bone (TransN) to 9
I guess I'll see if I can make a tutorial for that when I get home. If I have time. It's not that hard to do.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Has anyone done any work on the Mario and Sonic at Winter Olympics models yet? Or should I try to work on them. I'm looking for Waluigi and Knuckles models.

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
Ok, I tried making the wait1 first frame for Raichu and it came out like this:

The only things I changed were the head facing direction, the tail (when I rotated it and moved it, it became paper, 2D on some places XD) the hands/arms an the right foot, to put it like pikachu's wait1 animation. I think I suck with animations :dizzy:
However, when I put Pikachu's .pac with it's MDL0 & textures replaced with Raichu's and FitPikachuMotionEtc.pac with the animation in my SD and tried it ingame, it froze when it said "READY TO BRAWL!" D:

Also, anyone asked for Jolteon? :p

-It's mine! -No, it's mine!

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone done any work on the Mario and Sonic at Winter Olympics models yet? Or should I try to work on them. I'm looking for Waluigi and Knuckles models.
I've actually started a little bit on Knuckles. Not much though, I'm planning on working on him once I get a good portion of the Klonoa project done. Also when I tried Knuckles in game the textures didn't show, so I'll have to double check my materials hexing and the textures.

shock44

Smash Journeyman

The only things I changed were the head facing direction, the tail (when I rotated it and moved it, it became paper, 2D on some places XD) the hands/arms an the right foot, to put it like pikachu's wait1 animation. I think I suck with animations :dizzy:
However, when I put Pikachu's .pac with it's MDL0 & textures replaced with Raichu's and FitPikachuMotionEtc.pac with the animation in my SD and tried it ingame, it froze when it said "READY TO BRAWL!" D:

Yeah it really sucks that Raichu can't be put in yet. We'll have to wait for the model builder for that I guess.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I've actually started a little bit on Knuckles. Not much though, I'm planning on working on him once I get a good portion of the Klonoa project done. Also when I tried Knuckles in game the textures didn't show, so I'll have to double check my materials hexing and the textures.
Would you mind sending me the files you have? I'd love to work on it with you while I'm kind of at a stand still with Waluigi

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Would you mind sending me the files you have? I'd love to work on it with you while I'm kind of at a stand still with Waluigi
Okay, can I have your Skype or MSN so that I can talk with you since we're working on the project together? I'll send you the files when I have time today. I also want to know what kind of brawl hacking skills you have.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
By the way just so people know, when I was hexing Knuckles' model from the Winter Olympics game there were multiple models. TBush said that the models have their heads separated from their bodies, although this is true FOR SOME of the models found in characters' cpk files there is a model that can be found that has the head and body together as one model. I just had to look around in the contents of the exported cpk file and I was able to find the model that had the head attached and not taken out.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord

Jolteon, use thunder!
Oh, nice, two of my favorite Pokemon. That animation frame is weird, though, and may I know why did you add MSPainted horns to Captain Falcon? That texture, however, is really nice. May I know where you got it?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Okay, can I have your Skype or MSN so that I can talk with you since we're working on the project together? I'll send you the files when I have time today. I also want to know what kind of brawl hacking skills you have.
Do you use AIM? That's what I use and am always available on. My AIM name is ChiboSempai. For hacking skills just look at Waluigi essentially. I'm working on it with PND, though most of the work there was made by myself.

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
Oh, nice, two of my favorite Pokemon. That animation frame is weird, though, and may I know why did you add MSPainted horns to Captain Falcon? That texture, however, is really nice. May I know where you got it?
I got the textures from the actual Black Shadow trophy XD If you look at his horns, it's the same colour :p

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Is it possible to place that Raichu over Pikachu?
Gengar - 16
Pichu - 16
Geodude - 20
Magikarp - 20
Scyther - 20
shaymin - 20
Sudowoodo - 20
Lapras - 21
Blastoise - 22
Scizzor - 23
Wailord - 23
Gyaradose - 24
Mawile - 24
Sableye - 24
Treeko - 25
Umbreon - 25
Aradactyl - 27
Hitmonlee - 27
Leafeon - 27
Meowth - 27
Raichu - 27
Abra - 28
Eevee - 28
Vaporeon - 28
Espeon - 29
Shaymin sky - 29
Shinx - 29

Flareon - 31
Salamance - 31
Deoxys - 35
Luxray - 35
Darkrai - 36

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Me and MLG_JV (the head administrator of Smashboards) just wrapped up discussing about mdl0 files and deemed, while you can still discuss how to get models working in-game (whoever gets a playable Shaymin/Raichu working gets a large chocolate chunk cookie from me =D) you cannot distribute/request specific mdl0's. Stuff made from BrawlBox, like stuff made for Brawl being played in game (Shaymin comes to mind)? Those are completely legal. As of now, this rule for the Workshop is in effect:

Copying, requesting and/or distributing copyrighted data directly from a Wii game, in any shape or form, is prohibited. This includes mdl0 files used for character models. Making your own data completely from homebrew, like if you were to make your own mdl0 from scratch, is completely legal and is allowed on the forums.
Have fun guys!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Me and MLG_JV (the head administrator of Smashboards) just wrapped up discussing about mdl0 files and deemed, while you can still discuss how to get models working in-game (whoever gets a playable Shaymin/Raichu working gets a large chocolate chunk cookie from me =D) you cannot distribute/request specific mdl0's. Stuff made from BrawlBox, like stuff made for Brawl being played in game (Shaymin comes to mind)? Those are completely legal. As of now, this rule for the Workshop is in effect:

Have fun guys!

So once klonoa is done we ARE aloud to distribute him here?

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic

Have fun guys!
So, we can't distribute the raws, but once we've got a completed, Brawl-ready model, it's good?

EDIT: Ninja'd :(

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
Gengar - 16
Pichu - 16
Geodude - 20
Magikarp - 20
Scyther - 20
shaymin - 20
Sudowoodo - 20
Lapras - 21
Blastoise - 22
Scizzor - 23
Wailord - 23
Gyaradose - 24
Mawile - 24
Sableye - 24
Treeko - 25
Umbreon - 25
Aradactyl - 27
Hitmonlee - 27
Leafeon - 27
Meowth - 27
Raichu - 27
Abra - 28
Eevee - 28
Vaporeon - 28
Espeon - 29
Shaymin sky - 29
Shinx - 29

Flareon - 31
Salamance - 31
Deoxys - 35
Luxray - 35
Darkrai - 36
Now I know what pokemon I'll hex next. Thanks for the info!

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
me And Mlg_jv (the Head Administrator Of Smashboards) Just Wrapped Up Discussing About Mdl0 Files And Deemed, While You Can Still Discuss How To Get Models Working In-game (whoever Gets A Playable Shaymin/raichu Working Gets A Large Chocolate Chunk Cookie From Me =d) You Cannot Distribute/request Specific Mdl0's. Stuff Made From Brawlbox, Like Stuff Made For Brawl Being Played In Game (shaymin Comes To Mind)? Those Are Completely Legal. As Of Now, This Rule For The Workshop Is In Effect:

Have Fun Guys!
Yessss!!!!! No More Pms

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Do you use AIM? That's what I use and am always available on. My AIM name is ChiboSempai. For hacking skills just look at Waluigi essentially. I'm working on it with PND, though most of the work there was made by myself.
Yes I have AIM. I'll message you, mine is Zeal2nd. And that's great I didn't think you were one of the people that had worked on the Waluigi project.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
wait so that means the brawl box edited models are allowed? cuz what i saw it said from scratch

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
So once klonoa is done we ARE aloud to distribute him here?
So, we can't distribute the raws, but once we've got a completed, Brawl-ready model, it's good?

EDIT: Ninja'd :(
Yes.

Allow me to reiterate: Stuff directly from the ISO like mdl0's from brres files are prohibited. No requesting Blaziken mdl0's and that stuff. But if things are made from BrawlBox like FitMotion's or textures to support this, then that is allowed.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Yes.

Allow me to reiterate: Stuff directly from the ISO like mdl0's from brres files are prohibited. No requesting Blaziken mdl0's and that stuff. But if things are made from BrawlBox like FitMotion's or textures to support this, then that is allowed.
technically if we hex it it's not the original anymore :D
so we COULD distribute it

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
i'm amazed Muramasa The Demon Blade isn't on the list. And what format is Muramasa The Demon Blade?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
technically if we hex it it's not the original anymore :D
so we COULD distribute it
i really hope your right cuz i would have to learn everything for hacking
Basically, just don't post a download link unless it's a complete character. You can post pictures of whatever, and if you have any iffy questions regarding those models, settle 'em in a PM. Otherwise, wait until you're totally done with a guy before offering him up for download.

At least, that's my impression...

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Basically, just don't post a download link unless it's a complete character. You can post pictures of whatever, and if you have any iffy questions regarding those models, settle 'em in a PM. Otherwise, wait until you're totally done with a guy before offering him up for download.

This.

<!-- Triangle. -->

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
here's how far me and shock44 have gotten so far on knux:

model loads in game (going over fox). always in t pose, none of fox's animations work on him, but i can almost play normally as fox. just some small issues like running in place, and some glitches when i footstool or grab the ledge (but they arent game freezing)

the texture wont load though which is a big thing...

any ideas on how to get it to work?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
here's how far me and shock44 have gotten so far on knux:

model loads in game (going over fox). always in t pose, none of fox's animations work on him, but i can almost play normally as fox. just some small issues like running in place, and some glitches when i footstool or grab the ledge (but they arent game freezing)

the texture wont load though which is a big thing...

any ideas on how to get it to work?
Did you try placing him over Sonic? I would much rather prefer that ... If possible, if not, could you PM me the model files so I can place him over an alloy?

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman

Does totally done mean successfully working in Brawl, or is a complete character with full moveset, animations, etc.?

...because I never got my hands on Blaze :'(

Top Bottom