• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I'm wondering if there are any games that have miis as MDL0 files.
I know Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games does, but I haven't checked to see if they actually work or not.

@RandomTBush: Any other stage that we can replace with?
I'm gonna try putting it over another stage, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to align the background and the gates properly (they're separate objects, and bone translations didn't want to work when I tried it with Moonview Highway a while back).

Anyway, the video for that stage is up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq4xMGAEXlY
After playing through a whole round, I realized that the camera needs to be fixed. I'll correct that before releasing it.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
Yes, and that includes textures/models (which are FitCharacter##.pac like said before). So, in theory your folder structure would be something like this:
pf (this containing the original Link)>link>FitLink.pac,FitLink0X.pac,FitLinkMotionEtc (not necessary if you have no changed animations).
pf2 (this containing Zero)>link>FitLink.pac,etc.,etc.
Not sure if the folder names beyond pf2 would be changed also.
Hmm I see. Well I guess I'll have to wait until a completed model is up and running to fully test it. Thanks again for the info!

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I know Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games does, but I haven't checked to see if they actually work or not.

I'm gonna try putting it over another stage, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to align the background and the gates properly (they're separate objects, and bone translations didn't want to work when I tried it with Moonview Highway a while back).

Anyway, the video for that stage is up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq4xMGAEXlY
After playing through a whole round, I realized that the camera needs to be fixed. I'll correct that before releasing it.
Sweetness. Can't wait for a download link. Great job RandomTBush.

ds22

Smash Lord
Hey Guys! My Intro To Hexing Tutorial Is Up, And Part One of Three Model Tuts is uploading now!

Intro to Hexing (Set-up for this guide)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJGRYEB4BAg

I'll edit this post with part one. part 2 and 3 should be done... tomorow... ish...
In your tutorial the model crashed because you forgot to do this:

5. The top set of bytes in blue needs to match the bottom set. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. (Apocolypse3000 takes the credit for finding out about this.)

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Today i've finally found the Zim's and Dib's files in Globs of Doom.
It's wierd that this file type called *.trb is very similiar to the Brres file : And the size of the file is approximately the same as a Brres size...
mmmhhh...

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet
hey guys! i would like to confirm about 2 more wii games!
Bleach: Shattered Blade uses .sms/.ssl files for the characters... not really sure if they need to be extracted to be used in BrawlBox
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon uses .brres files *Yay! Raffaello for Brawl, Finally!*
just wanted to tell you all ok?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Today i've finally found the Zim's and Dib's files in Globs of Doom.
It's wierd that this file type called *.trb is very similiar to the Brres file : And the size of the file is approximately the same as a Brres size...
mmmhhh...
Do you think they can be turned into a MDL0? Invader Zim in Brawl would be pretty cool!

kailmanning

Smash Rookie
does anyone have a hexed ryu i can have? (are we allowed to distribute hexed models?) But i can't for the life of me hex it properly i watched shock44's and WackaAlpaca's tut videos and everything but (it's probably because i just suck lol) btw can't wait for that dragonball stage RandomTBush It Looks Great!

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Well, after a while trying to get Zim to Work...i've only made him load on Brawl Box, but if you try to view the textures or the model, Brawl box crashes....so yeah,the format is really similiar to brres...but i'm not a expert at Hexing.
Now i'm [illegal] Indiana Jones Staff of the Kings to see if it has mdl0s...Indiana Jones would be pretty cool
with his whip as grab and long range attack,maybe it could be used to take items,too

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Hey, wasn't someone working on a batch file to automate the hexing process? Because, I'm trying to hex Kamek from NSMBWii into Brawl and I'm stuck at finding the materials header. (Yes, I'm a n00b at hexing) I was just wondering because it would make everything so much easier for everyone.
EDIT: Nevermind I found thier post and they said that they had given up. Oh well.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Well, after a while trying to get Zim to Work...i've only made him load on Brawl Box, but if you try to view the textures or the model, Brawl box crashes....so yeah,the format is really similiar to brres...but i'm not a expert at Hexing
So, wait... They are BRRES files after all? Send one of the original files to me so I can have a look at it.

Garrett223

Smash Cadet
Ummm Do I need to replace the bones of the shd model part for this to work correctly? my darkrai is hexed, but it still freezes! It replaces red alloy

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Actually, it shouldnt be too hard to make a model converter. maybe if i get bored enough, ill throw one together
Edit: as in, fix models for brawl

shock44

Smash Journeyman
So, wait... They are BRRES files after all? Send one of the original files to me so I can have a look at it.
lol, what's funny is I just pmed him a little before your post asking if he could send me the files so I could take a look at them.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
The sizer... actually... that may be possible... but you would still have to do the first few steps of resizing... hmm...
how about this... if someone vertex hacks someone (from brawl, one of the 36 or so characters) into phoenix wright, ill take a crack at it

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
The sizer... actually... that may be possible... but you would still have to do the first few steps of resizing... hmm...
how about this... if someone vertex hacks someone (from brawl, one of the 36 or so characters) into phoenix wright, ill take a crack at it
how abt if i give u a cookie :D

and phoenix wright? what would his moveset be O.o

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I sed VERTEX HACK! (which i made the method for x3) anyways, im already started on the converter, so just get cracking on our phoenix wright :D
Well based on your avatar I'm asuming you liked it :3

I was expecting you to reply with an 'Objection!' Lol @ outdated memes.

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
Tbh, I think I'm looking forward to Phoenix more than the resizer =3 NEEDZ OBJECTION FINAL SMASH!! (if someone plans to PSA)

Top Bottom