• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That he does. Learned quite a bit about BrawlBox from him. I'm hoping he'll do this using an example other than the one the OP used. If anything, I would really like it if he defined things like what a header is and how to identify most of the particular bytes that RandomTBrush mentioned. I want to learn Hex Editing so I can start *somehow* fixing Lloyd.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
just to put it out there for fun
since the mario kart stages are so big
couldn't u KINDA make a Supersmash RPG
something like SSE but like in versus and u can control the camera just by walking further into the castle (having it face sideways)

EDIT: and 1 comment abt ichigo
i think meta's down B does look like flash step u should keep it :p

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
As far as I know (not much), SSE hacking dealing with full stages is fairly limited. That mostly has to do with not being a large focus at all right now. Considering the number of breakthroughs being made viable and refined (sound effect replacement, stage hacking, model editing, model replacement), we probably won't see much of SSE hacking for a while. I think a lot of hackers will become available once Project:M reaches a smooth sailing point as far as playability goes.

Still, I'd kill to see hacking done that:
-Prevents the SSE from forcing physic changes (unified jump height and run speed, overriding changes to ALR); the momentum engine unintentionally works, probably because Brawl never had one in the first place
-Completely changes the map system
-Creates a realtime switch-out mode
-Creates brand new stages with better Nintendo representation

That's a long ways away from now, but like everything else that has happened in hacking development, we can expect some in-depth developments later. As for staying on-topic, I can't say much beyond complaining about my lack of hex knowledge until Alpaca gets the video ready though I certainly do not wish to rush him.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
yeah just postin 1 more time
can anyone direct me to custom portrait hacks?
because idk how to do that
sorry im a noob on that

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I think you just use BrawlBox. They're in system > common5_en.pac > sc_selcharacter_en > char_bust_tex_lz77. Rename it to common5.pac when you put it on the SD.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Some deconfirms. FROWNS!

Marvel Super Hero Squad uses .TRB
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash-Ups has each character entirely in its own .PAC

Figured I would try to get some American comics into the custom character mix...

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Aaaalmost done with the World Martial Arts Tournament stage, just gonna make a few BRSTMs to go with it. There are a few problems with the stage that can't be fixed at this moment, though.

1. CPU players are IDIOTS. All they do is walk back and forth.
2. The characters don't cast shadows on the stage. I could possibly fix this if the material properties are modified.
3. The camera boundary won't go any lower, because of the fact that the grass is now the lower death boundary.
4. NEVER summon the Devil on this stage, or else...

But it is working perfectly fine otherwise, over Final Destination (I moved the stage so far up that the stars, etc. are nowhere near it).

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Very nice! Looks like a fun stage, if the camera's not too uncomfortable. It's about time the Devil has a worthwhile effect :p

Can't wait to play on it!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Very nice! Looks like a fun stage, if the camera's not too uncomfortable. It's about time the Devil has a worthwhile effect :p

Can't wait to play on it!
I'll be uploading a video showcasing the stage sometime soon, so that you can see how the camera boundaries are (and if they need to be tweaked).

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Some deconfirms. FROWNS!

Marvel Super Hero Squad uses .TRB
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash-Ups has each character entirely in its own .PAC

Figured I would try to get some American comics into the custom character mix...
can you try bomberman land wii? i'd do it myself, but its taking 9 hours for just the first part of the iso (out of about 9).

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
I have a question. With these models being imported now, say that the zero model is completely finished with animations, movesets, textures etc. If this model were to replace Link, could you do it through the Alternate File Loader method? What I'm trying to accomplish is keeping vBrawl with textures so that I may be able to play with others regularly, while at the same time keeping all these model imports as well. I'm not sure if these models become .pacs when imported into brawl, I don't have any knowledge model importing, but I would just like to know if it could be done.

Squilliam

Smash Rookie
Hey, has anyone considered trying to find .MDL0 files in games other than wii games? (360, PS3, N64, etc.)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think I did everything right as far as the MDL0 header goes according to the tutorial, but I think it's just the file structure itself from ToS Wii that's the problem like stated. The bones are extremely botched. I have absolutely no idea how one could fix this without extensive knowledge in hexing from this point. I'll mess around with it a little more, but it looks impossible for my abilities (or lack of).

I have a question. With these models being imported now, say that the zero model is completely finished with animations, movesets, textures etc. If this model were to replace Link, could you do it through the Alternate File Loader method? What I'm trying to accomplish is keeping vBrawl with textures so that I may be able to play with others regularly, while at the same time keeping all these model imports as well. I'm not sure if these models become .pacs when imported into brawl, I don't have any knowledge model importing, but I would just like to know if it could be done.
The models only operate from within individual FitCharacter##.pac files. FitCharacter.pac is the moveset while FitCharacterMotionEtc.pac is the animations and effects. You would have to alternatively load a file containing all three matching components.

@Squilliam: RandomTBush put in the OP that only MDL0's from Wii games are the only ones able to be imported.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
The models only operate from within individual FitCharacter##.pac files. FitCharacter.pac is the moveset while FitCharacterMotionEtc.pac is the animations and effects. You would have to alternatively load a file containing all three matching components.
Thank you for the response. I have already been using the alt file loader for PSAs and such, so I would just have to put the Fitcharacter and Fitcharactermotion pacs in the alternate folder i would like to load it from?

Garrett223

Smash Cadet
I seriously NEED hexed darkrai model NOW someone pleeease send me a pac of darkrai replacing red alloy HEXED. I have animations taken care of do not worry

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
3. I can, if you want me to.

5. Nope. The DragonBall Z games don't have MDL0s, so only the original DragonBall models can be used.

6. Like this?

AWESOME STAGE!
If so, I wanna work on it. :)

8. I think stage models for PokéPark are compressed, but I could be wrong. I'll have to check again.
YIPEEE!!!! diggin that stage dude

id like the kakashi, but its definitly no rush. its not even for me, its for a friend of mine. all i need is the hair so i can put it over snake. :laugh:

alright good to know. thanx everyone

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
Okay, since people seemed to overlook my post, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I've gotta say, Monster Hunter 3 models are HUGE. The first model I tried was a switch axe over FD, and it was just... huge. I tried Rathian on FD, but it froze. Methinks it's because she's too big... or I did something wrong. Her model file isn't entirely like other mdl0s. (Plus she has 71 bones, but I'm not trying her on a char the way she is now. <_<)

Behold!

And the sad thing is, Rathian is one of the smaller wyverns in the game. I'm almost afraid to try Diene Moran.

The monsters also have "motion" files with CHR0 animations inside, but I'm not sure how to extract them or make them work. I also took a look at the stages, but they didn't look right. The BBox preview didn't show every texture/model. I'll give the npcs a look later, they seem to only just have the brres.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Thank you for the response. I have already been using the alt file loader for PSAs and such, so I would just have to put the Fitcharacter and Fitcharactermotion pacs in the alternate folder i would like to load it from?
Yes, and that includes textures/models (which are FitCharacter##.pac like said before). So, in theory your folder structure would be something like this:
pf (this containing the original Link)>link>FitLink.pac,FitLink0X.pac,FitLinkMotionEtc (not necessary if you have no changed animations).
pf2 (this containing Zero)>link>FitLink.pac,etc.,etc.
Not sure if the folder names beyond pf2 would be changed also.

I'm wondering if there are any games that have miis as MDL0 files.
That's a good question. We should list them to start with and hopefully someone could rip .isos and check them out (everyone has Wii Sports so that's an obvious start).

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
Hey, has anyone considered trying to find .MDL0 files in games other than wii games? (360, PS3, N64, etc.)
Hey, has anyone considered trying to read the list of confirmed games that don't use MDL0s in the first page? lol

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Theoretically speaking, if the Mii MDL0 was made of the Mii's you make in the Mii Channel, couldn't you technically get unlimited possibilities from this?
Either that or I completely misunderstand how the Mii works in that game. Is it like Mario Kart Wii where you import them from the Mii Channel?

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone decided to do Batsu from Tatsunoko vs Capcom? Just curious, I don't want him I just want to know.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Couldn't you see if Miis from the Mii Channel were mdl0 by just using bootmii and checking through the files for the mii channel, or would it be in some kind of unreadable format for normal pc's? (those not used by ninty for development)

Top Bottom