• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I've been trying too. But I'm not sure what bone to move.

I moved it accidentally, and I don't know which one fixes it.
Do they have all the same names? I believe Dead0N and Dead1N are your deadzones (they're called something like that) and CamLimit0N and CamLimit1N correspond to the same spots (only slightly less as to not show the deadzone clearly).
Unless I'm missing something entirely.

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
Do they have all the same names? I believe DeadN0 and DeadN1 are your deadzones (they're called something like that) and CamN0 and CamN1 correspond to the same spots (only slightly less as to not show the deadzone clearly).
Unless I'm missing something entirely.
Yes but the camera is proportional. If I move the camera up, the dead zone goes up too.

If I move the stage further back, then there will be model parts on screen from another building.

I want to know the bone that controls how big the camera can get.

I hate editing camera data. But Naruto CoN stages are not 2.5D

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Okay, to put it simply: I was hoping RandomTBush might be able to figure out what's different about the formatting of the CLR0s In New Super Mario Bros Wii Bowser, and then show how to change it so that they would display the correct colours instead of transparent white. Then I could just put those colours on a layer behind the textures in the right locations and save it as a png. I want this to be legit, not just close to the right colour.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
@OizenX
I'm not too sure about that. I'd ask Mr.Chuy or Mewtwo_2000 about that then.

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
on a different note, I ran Edward Elric's brres files through the guide and I got this.

I think the textures get screwed up when its converted, also every mld0 file I've gotten out of a .fpk is not compatible with the automatic mdl0 resizer.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Not quite so simple and easy. He has a different bone structure which would mean recreating each individual frame of each animation, then you'd have to go into PSA and edit anything that was attached to a bone and reattach it to the new equivalent bone. It would take a very long time. Then the hurtboxes would be wrong and there's no model of him hiding in his shell. For now I'm just going to do a texture. I want to edit his brawl model to suit it in the future, along with dark and dry bowser but that'll be awhile away if I do it at all.
This kind of texture has already been done.

Doesn't look very good. At all. D:

But no, all you'd have to do is rename the bones in the CHR0. They aren't dependent on structure.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Would you not still have to fix the collision bubbles and graphic effects attached to bones? They reference the bone ID. And then there's still no whirling fortress model. And then hurboxes. AND THEN!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Okay, to put it simply: I was hoping RandomTBush might be able to figure out what's different about the formatting of the CLR0s In New Super Mario Bros Wii Bowser, and then show how to change it so that they would display the correct colours instead of transparent white. Then I could just put those colours on a layer behind the textures in the right locations and save it as a png. I want this to be legit, not just close to the right colour.
CLR0s don't have anything to do with it -- it's an "alpha" channel on the texture. It will not affect the way it looks in-game, but if you want to preview it without it looking partially see-through, you'll have to edit the textures to remove the alpha channels.

on a different note, I ran Edward Elric's brres files through the guide and I got this.

*Edward Elric image*

I think the textures get screwed up when its converted, also every mld0 file I've gotten out of a .fpk is not compatible with the automatic mdl0 resizer.
I think the material properties will make it show up correctly in-game. Try it out and let me know if I'm right or not.

And I've managed to get Zero to resize using that program, so it can't be because it was from an FPK file.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
You have no right to tell users what topics they can and can not read.
ok, you clearly have no idea who i was talking to. Alpha has done numerous work on these boards in the past. if he's *****ing about it being slow on the wii, then he needs to get up and go sit at his **** computer.

on that note, if you're looking through the workshop with the wii as your only means of connecting to the internet, then you really don't need to be here since you can't use any of it anyway. last i checked the wii can't download anything. how are you supposed to use a hack when you can't even get it onto your SD card?

now, with your permission, i'll tell whoever i want whatever i want and **** the rest. if you have a problem with it, then either report me or ignore me, because god knows i don't plan on changing anytime soon.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Hey guys, do you remember when none of the pages in this topic had stupid internet drama on them? Those were good times, weren't they? I miss those days.

Wouldn't it be better to animate her high-poly body and then add the head(s?) as props, like Brawl Sonic? This could save you so much time and effort later and the end result would allow you to have similar mouth movements to Sonic. Are there any other heads for Amy in Winter Olympics or just that one?
Why bother going to all that trouble? When Kryal updates BrawlBox with the rebuilder, we'll be able to create a single MDL0 with both the head and body models inside it and not need to mess with props at all. Same goes for all the other characters in the Winter Olympics game.

There is one head per body per model size; however, each head has dozens of bones inside of it to animate the faces into different facial expressions. You wouldn't be able to just replace the face polygon like you can in Brawl, you'd have to animate the face in addition to the body while creating animations.

I don't know the specifics of using heads as props anyway. Isn't there a limit on the amount of bones or polygons you can have when replacing them?

Sentony

Smash Rookie

*Edward Elric*

Yeah i've got both games, turns out they both use the same models (huge dissapointment) and his texture is messed up in both. All the other characters textures work fine though.

I recommend using this one since the textures work.

Though no chr0 files so you'd have to make all the animations from scratch so have fun with that :) Also you don't run mdl0's through the resizer, you run a renamed "input.brres" like the readme says.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Yeah i've got both games, turns out they both use the same models (huge dissapointment) and his texture is messed up in both. All the other characters textures work fine though.
Oh, so it's both games, then? That's to be expected when they release two games within a few months, heh heh.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Why bother going to all that trouble? When Kryal updates BrawlBox with the rebuilder, we'll be able to create a single MDL0 with both the head and body models inside it and not need to mess with props at all. Same goes for all the other characters in the Winter Olympics game.

There is one head per body per model size; however, each head has dozens of bones inside of it to animate the faces into different facial expressions. You wouldn't be able to just replace the face polygon like you can in Brawl, you'd have to animate the face in addition to the body while creating animations.

I don't know the specifics of using heads as props anyway. Isn't there a limit on the amount of bones or polygons you can have when replacing them?
Ah, that changes things then.

Hey guys, do you remember when none of the pages in this topic had stupid internet drama on them? Those were good times, weren't they? I miss those days.
Totally want. >>

OizenX

Smash Journeyman

I recommend using this one since the textures work.

Though no chr0 files so you'd have to make all the animations from scratch so have fun with that :) Also you don't run mdl0's through the resizer, you run a renamed "input.brres" like the readme says.
I ran it as input.brres, It came out weird.

I kinda want to see how this thing plays though...

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet
hey guys... i need a little help!
i decided to do Simon Belmont's model from Castlevania Judgement (cause he's so killer awesome! pun intended xD) so i used the mdl0 hexer and resizer programs... but after i had fixed the main bone's x translation... this happened:

Simon's facial polygons still seem a bit messed up, as well as his fingers too, not to mention a few other polygons too... but every other part of Simon's model is ok... please help!

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
So I decided to try out Mira from My Life as a Darklord, but a few problems popped up. I didn't have these problems when testing out Princess Fiona.

That said, **** does Fiona look good in this! The only thing that really needs to be done to her model (and any other FFCC model) is to scale it up by ~1.5x.

(The red hue is from the stage)

Due how the bones are in her alternate costume, I was also able to make her disguised form into an... erm, alternate color. Every animation worked perfectly.

This gave me an idea, so I tried Mira, since she has a lot of costumes. (Bikini, dark, light, goth/Chime, Rydia, Palom, and Sherlotta.) I first tried her on Peach, but it crashed when I tried to shield. Then I tried her on Sheik, since I figured it would be easier to try both characters at the same time.

But as stated above, problems popped up. (On both Peach and Sheik)

And that's not all, when I tried the Sherlotta outfit, this happened.

As you can see, her face is fine, but everything else isn't. Anyone know how to fix these problems?

Darkji

Smash Cadet
i decided to do Simon Belmont's model from Castlevania Judgement (cause he's so killer awesome! pun intended xD) so i used the mdl0 hexer and resizer programs... but after i had fixed the main bone's x translation... this happened:
http://i45.tinypic.com/15rnnr6.jpg
Simon's facial polygons still seem a bit messed up, as well as his fingers too, not to mention a few other polygons too... but every other part of Simon's model is ok... please help!
Which character is he gonna replace ? (This project is really interresting but I can't help you)

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet
Which character is he gonna replace ? (This project is really interresting but I can't help you)
i was thinking since Simon fights with a whip (vampire hunter) i was thinking of replacing Sheik with Simon Belmont (it would be a little weird since Sheik is a girl, who happens to be Zelda's alter ego and Simon's a guy...) i was also planning to do a PSA for Simon if anyone wants to help.

bustah_wurrf

Smash Cadet
http://i45.tinypic.com/15rnnr6.jpg
+1,000,000,000 respect

I'd love it if he could replace a character like Diddy or Olimar with no problems.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
for My AMY Project (link is below), I have only replaced the TransN bone, which has fixed her movement, but when she shields, her left pinky extends to the right end of the shield, in porportion. I did a little snooping around and King Dedede's bone #32 is his LHaveN (doesn't this deal with the way he holds items?) That is also the same bone as Amy's Lpinky1, which is giving me the problem. Anyone know how I can fix this.

Also besides the TransN bone, what bones shoul you always try to put into a non-brawl Mdl0?

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Hehehe! I have the same song too, so I guess you put that on Final Destination! :laugh: anyways can you PM me your info_en.pac? I know its a strange question buy I have been attempting to make one for a long time and the game always freezed on the black screen after loading... My mu_menumain.pac works great. I just wanna do a simple test, thats all!

EDIT: I forgot the orginal reason why I quoted you. Great Job on the stage! That is all....

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Ummm.... It would be great if someone could PM me Amys Chl0's from M&SatOWG. Especially the movement ones, like running and jumping! I could do it myself but im on a limited wifi card and....well... you get the point. I will give huge credit for anyone helping me with this!

ds22

Smash Lord
Hehehe! I have the same song too, so I guess you put that on Final Destination! :laugh: anyways can you PM me your info_en.pac? I know its a strange question buy I have been attempting to make one for a long time and the game always freezed on the black screen after loading... My mu_menumain.pac works great. I just wanna do a simple test, thats all!

EDIT: I forgot the orginal reason why I quoted you. Great Job on the stage! That is all....
The size of your info.pac is probably to big.
And thanks for the comment.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
The size of your info.pac is probably to big.
And thanks for the comment.
I don't think so! I even used Dantarion's tool and both the "info.pac" and "mu_menumain" were the right size and both consist of the same messages, but whenever I put info.pac on my sd, the game would never get past the loading screen...

Top Bottom