• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Hey pikazz, have you ever gotten that M&SatOWG's model glitching fixed? You know, disappearing by the stage boundries and that darkness stuff? Quick Question, have you modified any animations before?
I have not fixed that glitch yet D:

and yes, I have modified animations x3

and use the "edit" button and don't double/triple/fourth post xD

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
I have not fixed that glitch yet D:

and yes, I have modified animations x3

and use the "edit" button and don't double/triple/fourth post xD
My Bad! :laugh: Are you dedicated to completing your own character, cause I could definately use members. As you can see on my Amy post, Im making good progress alone.

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Then I don't know what the problem could be.
I know... just my luck. Thanks anyway. I've been thinking something else, maybe my custom menu or something is conflicting somehow. I do have like almost 1.5GB of hacking things on my brawl.

Edit: 700MB's! but I already given up on it. At least my menu one works.

Another Edit: I just made one the size is 391KB, however the size on Disk is 392KB. Is that wrong?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
And, I have an idea on how to separate the buster from his arm. Ever noticed how Zero has a whole bunch of bones sprouting from his hands (that don't seem to do anything)? Use a hex editor and change the NodeID for one of the hand/buster polygon groups to one of those, and make the bone's position the exact same as the original hand. Then, you could just shrink/grow the individual parts at will.
So! I tried this out. I exported Zero's open hand (polygon40) and hex edited the NodeId to equal one of his detached bones. It was surprisingly easy to find the NodeId. I ran into problems directly modifying FitZero00.pac, but it worked fine changing Zero's mdl0.

So yeah! It worked! I can change the bone a polygon is attached to. Which is excellent! However, Zero's extra bones are mostly all attached to eachother in a string. Currently, I can only put two individually scale-able polygons on each hand -- I was hoping for 3 or 4.

To illustrate, the current bone structure is like,

L_hand --> h_204L --> h_205L --> ... --> h_207L --{ h_208L / h_209L

Poor illustration, but it gets the point across. I can only attach to 208 and 209, because if I scale any of the earlier bones, it scales the bones attached to it.

Is there any known way to rearrange the bone structure? If not, I'll have to be content with what I have (which is much better than I ever expected).

shock44

Smash Journeyman
OMG I am hyped for an Edward Elric PSA. Do it.
I would love for that to happen but unfortuantely I've tried putting Ed's model over different characters and the game always freezes. I don't know why, the thing is hexed all the way. I did it manually at first and then I just recently tried it with fortwaffles' program. It still freezes on the character selection screen.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
on a different note, I ran Edward Elric's brres files through the guide and I got this.

I think the textures get screwed up when its converted, also every mld0 file I've gotten out of a .fpk is not compatible with the automatic mdl0 resizer.
The texture is mirrored. It should look fine in Brawl itself.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
please add Sonic & Sega all-star racing to the list of known games that do not have MDL0 files
the game have .sif/.sig files.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
So! I tried this out. I exported Zero's open hand (polygon40) and hex edited the NodeId to equal one of his detached bones. It was surprisingly easy to find the NodeId. I ran into problems directly modifying FitZero00.pac, but it worked fine changing Zero's mdl0.

So yeah! It worked! I can change the bone a polygon is attached to. Which is excellent! However, Zero's extra bones are mostly all attached to eachother in a string. Currently, I can only put two individually scale-able polygons on each hand -- I was hoping for 3 or 4.

To illustrate, the current bone structure is like,

L_hand --> h_204L --> h_205L --> ... --> h_207L --{ h_208L / h_209L

Poor illustration, but it gets the point across. I can only attach to 208 and 209, because if I scale any of the earlier bones, it scales the bones attached to it.

Is there any known way to rearrange the bone structure? If not, I'll have to be content with what I have (which is much better than I ever expected).

You can edit the bone hierarchy using Fortwaffles' tool, found here.
Also, this discovery seems vital to Volnutt. Care to share a bit more information on the subject?

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
so far as I now, you cant

find the low model (it has one S in it like kir_S.brmdl)

Okay thanks. But what is causing the hole in the face?

I got the textures and named them sha_body_S and sha_face_S. Previewing the model in Brawlbox is diffrent than in Brawl.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Why am I surprised nobody tried Ryu from TVC yet?
People want him. There were a lot of posts about him. :p (Someone posted the same thing you did too. xD)

Could someone hex Karas for me? He'd be like the second Marth if he were in. Everyone in TvC has a LOT of moves and such that are needed for Brawl. Double jumping, backwards and forward aerial animations, etc. They're probably the easiest to start with. Zero being the best because he can actually run instead of dashing on the ground.

ToolShock

Smash Rookie
Could someone hex Karas for me? He'd be like the second Marth if he were in. Everyone in TvC has a LOT of moves and such that are needed for Brawl. Double jumping, backwards and forward aerial animations, etc. They're probably the easiest to start with. Zero being the best because he can actually run instead of dashing on the ground.

You rike?

ToolShock

Smash Rookie
I want ryu for brawl and I want all ryu's chr0/animations to be hexed to be viewable on brawlbox :(

plz someone do both... the animations are not ilegal if you post em here
From the looks of it, the characters use mot files for animations instead of chr0 files.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Alright, first pic of Polymar.

I still need to do step 5 of the process, and then size him up, so I can start animations and recolors and stuff. He seems to have an emerald texture right now though, which I find kinda strange considering there's no possible way for him to have had one previously. Also, he's going over Lucario, but I need to know how to get rid of that aura ball coming from his feet. Also, I don't know anything about PSA, so I'll need someone to help me with that.

KyuubiDemon1

Smash Apprentice
ok im editing a model file on its slow walk anmation do i only edit the rotation & can you guys tell me how you guys do walkling

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
hey is there a way to change meta knights model to something like ness. because i thought it would be cool to make the masked man from mother 3 since the masked man can fly and has bat wings

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Hey can anybody check DEAD RISING: CHOP TILL YOU DROP if it uses MDL0?
I'd like Frank West, Frank West (Megaman lol) and Adam the Clown in my Brawl XD

Edit: Yeah I know there's the TvC version, but that still leaves Adam the Clown Q.Q

Top Bottom