• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Now...Blaziken's SpecularDh texture's pretty...interesting. This texture affects the model's darkness level. I've been trying to lighten it ever so slightly, and I think I finally found a good level of darkness...for most stages. It looks fine on Pokemon Stadium 2 and almost all other stages, but it's too dark on Pirate Ship and wayy too light on Battlefield.

Reposting due to neglect. sadface

@ThatGuyYouMightKnow: I haven't even started my animations yet; I wanna fix the above issue first. Those are mario6420072's animations. Maybe they'll let you help with their Blaziken.

Also, could someone check what file type the PPark Wii animations are?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
what format is crash bandicoot mind over? i bet theres a few crash bandicoot fans here ...

http://littleimg.com/files/2096_fbvpl/Crash Bandicoot MOM.jpg

ps its a wii game yay XD

and theres two chrash bandicoot games for the wii ...

im also amazed no spyro games have been ripped as well ...
Multi-system games will probably not have MDL0's (though I could be wrong, but DBZ: BT3 and a few other multi-system games don't have them).

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Also, could someone check what file type the PPark Wii animations are?
They're CHR0s, and can be corrected to work with Brawl easily.

If no one can answer me, then I give up.
Since I never got that error, I don't know how to fix it. =/

Multi-system games will probably not have MDL0's (though I could be wrong, but DBZ: BT3 and a few other multi-system games don't have them).
Multi-console games and American/European-developed franchises don't seem to have MDL0s. So far, there hasn't been anything proving otherwise.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
Sweetness. Is CHR0-correcting simple enough for you (or someone else) to explain it to me in a PM?
in brawlbox try changing the animation's frames to a large number, the unknown1 to 0 and the unknown2 to 1... that worked for dragonball and bleach CHR0s... if not then I don't know lol

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
No worries, RandomTBush, as you actually tried to help me. I just don't get why it would give me that. Oh, well.

Also, I have a suggestion, if possible, could you import Louis' head? Lol.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
No worries, RandomTBush, as you actually tried to help me. I just don't get why it would give me that. Oh, well.

Also, I have a suggestion, if possible, could you import Louis' head? Lol.
I could, but not right now. What would you use it for, anyway? :p

(EDIT: Oh, wait. I think I know how to fix your problem after all. Check your PMs.)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I could, but not right now. What would you use it for, anyway? :p

(EDIT: Oh, wait. I think I know how to fix your problem after all. Check your PMs.)
Thanks a lot, it worked! Well, I found out why it didn't work, thanks to you.

The problem is that since I put wwpacker on my 2nd hard disk, it tried finding find.exe in D:\WINDOWS\system32. I put the file there and it worked.

I extracted FF: MLAADL and I got .app files. What do I do after that?

Oh, and I wanted to put Louis' head on Snake, as I'm making a texture for him, lol. Or I could try vertice hacking his face, shouldn't be too hard.

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
This is something I'm working on:

Well... Wailord's rotation didn't work as I wanted to... (for a change...) And all pokemon models (Corphish, Carvanha and... a surprise) are... inside Wailord's so, yeah, I'll have to ask for help to that awesome person who makes the most awesome stages and is also from Spain...

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
*pics on wailord*

Well... Wailord's rotation didn't work as I wanted to... (for a change...) And all pokemon models (Corphish, Carvanha and... a surprise) are... inside Wailord's so, yeah, I'll have to ask for help to that awesome person who makes the most awesome stages and is also from Spain...
yeay, wailord 8D

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Don't think Muscle March has MDL0's, sadly :(

As for rotating the model, I believe it has something to do with one of the bones' rotations, as explained in that Klonoa video.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
we should remake a poke float stage with the pokemon we have from pokepark
that'd be fun :D

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I tried doing step 5 after using the auto hexer. What I have at those specific offsets isn't the same, but I followed the same step and it crashed BBox. What am I doing wrong?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace

*Wailord stage*

gfgfd;lsakd;laggfjhdgkf My younger brother had that exact same idea. D:

Don't think Muscle March has MDL0's, sadly :(
Probably not, since it is a port of an arcade game from... 2006, was it?

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
gfgfd;lsakd;laggfjhdgkf My younger brother had that exact same idea. D:
I didn't know that D:
Well, it's cool because when I finish adding all my ideas, I can show it and you could tell me your brother's ideas/suggestions (if he wants).

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I didn't know that D:
Well, it's cool because when I finish adding all my ideas, I can show it and you could tell me your brother's ideas/suggestions (if he wants).
I wouldn't expect anyone else to know. He never mentioned his idea to anyone except for me.

Wha? Really? I was just saying that because I'm pretty sure it's already been checked and the answer was no.
Yep.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
*chocobo rotated funny*
I need help, am I supposed to rotate the model? Because he looks normal in BB

BTW:This needs to be in Brawl XD SRSLY *muscle guys*
I think I can help you. First off did you change any of the bone indexes?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Use U8Tool (found here) to unpack it.
Thanks, turns out I already had it in a folder named "WADder new".

Edit: Hmm, it doesn't seem to work. Says I'm missing a DLL file that I already seem to have. I'll download yours.

2nd edit: When I run it or drag a file to it, it says the same thing.

"Component 'FM20.DLL' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Thanks, turns out I already had it in a folder named "WADder new".

Edit: Hmm, it doesn't seem to work. Says I'm missing a DLL file that I already seem to have. I'll download yours.

2nd edit: When I run it or drag a file to it, it says the same thing.

"Component 'FM20.DLL' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"
There's a URL file in there called "If you don't have Office, you must click here!.url". That takes you directly here to download the ActiveX Control Pad, which should make it run. I think that was the error I got, and installing that worked for me.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
There's a URL file in there called "If you don't have Office, you must click here!.url". That takes you directly here to download the ActiveX Control Pad, which should make it run. I think that was the error I got, and installing that worked for me.
Thanks again, you remind me of myself when I'm constantly helping people with tons of questions. But, for some reason, at the end of the installation, it says that the installation failed.

Top Bottom