• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Tales of symphonia models seem to work perfectly on others brres viewer :
Zelos oh ****.

If the bone tree is screw up, it might be a byte or something who is causing that error
Wow, that's at least a good thing to see. Maybe there's less problems than imagined? Either way, we know these can get fixed.

By the way, did you check if the animations have the right format? (I think it's CLR0 right?)

ds22

Smash Lord
You mean CHR0, right?
Anyway:

Strange, because after doing a memory dump of Pokémon Rumble (which has pretty much the same models), I found MDL0s. The files are compressed, ya see.

I'll check MPR in a bit.
Wow, did you use dolphin to memory dump them?
It could be a useful technique to get even more models.
(Also, Mewtwo is in Rumble, but I don't think that model is useful).

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Wow, that's at least a good thing to see. Maybe there's less problems than imagined? Either way, we know these can get fixed.

By the way, did you check if the animations have the right format? (I think it's CLR0 right?)
You're close. It's CHR0, not CLR0.

And yes, My Pokémon Ranch has MDL0s as well. But, they're compressed.

Wow, did you use dolphin to memory dump them?
It could be a useful technique to get even more models.
(Also, Mewtwo is in Rumble, but I don't think that model is useful).
Yeah, but I'm gonna grab all of the ones from My Pokémon Ranch, since it should have all of the "Pii" Pokémon.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yes, My Pokemon Ranch has every Pokemon because it's like the 4th-gen Pokemon Box, but My Pokemon Ranch and Pokemon Rumble have a super-deformed (chibi) art style so they'd look odd in Brawl

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Doesn't matter with me.

@RTB: How are people going to get the models, since we aren't supposed to distribute them in the thread?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Doesn't matter with me.

@RTB: How are people going to get the models, since we aren't supposed to distribute them in the thread?
The idea is you're ripping them from your own copy of a game you have the disc of. That's the only reason they haven't been sued into oblivion. However, I hope you'll quickly realize that you can always ask if anyone owns a particular game, and I also hope that you'll realize equally as quickly that PM's cannot be monitored by anyone other than the sender and receiver (I think). How all of this is relevant to your post, I have no clue. I just randomly felt like throwing out those random facts.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
They're not deformed, they're just toys. And some of them are really cute >_>

I can't really see any of them fighting in Brawl though. But using them as stage elements might be interesting...

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
The idea is you're ripping them from your own copy of a game you have the disc of. That's the only reason they haven't been sued into oblivion. However, I hope you'll quickly realize that you can always ask if anyone owns a particular game, and I also hope that you'll realize equally as quickly that PM's cannot be monitored by anyone other than the sender and receiver (I think). How all of this is relevant to your post, I have no clue. I just randomly felt like throwing out those random facts.
I already realize this. But who would keep a copy of MPR around?

Manko91

Smash Cadet

Yes they are using chr0

RandomTBush

Smash Ace

This is probably the only Mewtwo available in MDL0 format. But, man, does it have a really low polygon count -- only 238 polygons in the entire model. Aaaaaand texture errors, but that's because of material properties.

Ah, thank god. That's wonderful to hear. Whenever RTB or someone else capable has the time, it'd be great to see those models fixed up.
I believe it has something to do with the fact that the bone indexes are not completely in numerical order. It's like "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 6, 7, 20, 21, 8"... Not the exact order, but something like that.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
well what about the trophy?
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant "usable" MDL0. It does have bones, but only 6 -- root, body, arms, legs, head and tail.

Virtually no bones, so no way to get the arms, etc. to move. (I may be wrong.)
Yeah, trophies have no rigging, so therefore can't be used. However, with enough patience when the model builder is released, someone could put it into a model-T stance and put it over Lucario's bones to have a proper, "official" Mewtwo.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I believe it has something to do with the fact that the bone indexes are not completely in numerical order. It's like "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 6, 7, 20, 21, 8"... Not the exact order, but something like that.
It sounds like it wouldn't be difficult to fix, but that's only from what I know (aka, almost nothing).

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Haha, how cute, RandomTBush. Is the Ranch a model as well? I'd love to make a stage of it, and add a few Pokemon walking and jumping in the background.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
This is probably the only Mewtwo available in MDL0 format. But, man, does it have a really low polygon count -- only 238 polygons in the entire model. Aaaaaand texture errors, but that's because of material properties.
where'd u get that
and how did u get it to work?

MRDSBOY

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have the MDL0 files from any of the Fullmetal ALchemist games? I only need Edward and Alphonses models.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
where'd u get that
and how did u get it to work?
From My Pokémon Ranch (Pokémon Rumble would also work), and I got it by emulating it and dumping the memory. The files have some sort of unknown compression, like Bubble Bobble Plus had. Not the same kind of compression, though, but a compression nonetheless.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
oh... sounds like alot of work :p
Not really.

It's just four easy steps -- run Dolphin, emulate game, use memory dumping program on Dolphin (and say goodbye to about 700MB of space), use hex editor to find "MDL0" tags.

But before anyone asks, this will not magically make other Wii games have MDL0s.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Not really.

It's just four easy steps -- run Dolphin, emulate game, use memory dumping program on Dolphin (and say goodbye to about 700MB of space), use hex editor to find "MDL0" tags.

But before anyone asks, this will not magically make other Wii games have MDL0s.
what's the memory dumping program?
and can u do this to alot of games?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Forgive me if this is off topic, but when and how are hackers going to be able to add support for models that are in other formats?

I heard rumors of an importer in the next BrawlBox...

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
What people don't realize is BBox can already import.

....It's the only reason we actually can use MDL0s. xD

We just need a CONVERTER going, which is being worked on and will probably be finished up soon.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Okay, so now I've checked five of Taito's games for the Wii/WiiWare -- Bubble Bobble Plus, Rainbow Islands: Towering Adventure, and Furu Furu Park.

Space Invaders Get Even...

...and Arkanoid Plus (although mostly 2D) both have MDL0s, and have been added to the list. The MDL0 format seems to be more common than I had originally thought.

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
i cant find pokepark mdl0s in wiiscrubber. can some body help?
With WiiScrubber, search for a file named "Pokemon" in the polepark ISO. There will be 4 files inside it: Res01.dan-Res04.dan. Save them, open them with a hex editor, search "bres" and select the data from that offset to the byte before the next "bres" in the file. Export the selected data as whatever.brres, open it with brawlbox, check the textures and see which pokemon you've just extracted. Rename it and you can begin hexing it (or continue extracting pokemons BRRES from the .dan file with the same proceedure).

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Not really.

So wait. Does this decompress the models? Or does the compression make it not possible to use them?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
someone want to run smash up through emu, or that memorycard usb thing? yes, usb gecko. i have one but im not home. i want master splinter in brawl, and it is similar, and did use a lot of ppl that made brawl. they are in pacs, and i think may be decoded ingame to be mdl0

Top Bottom