• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Wait so is there going to be a low tier tourny? And I swear the logic of taking the bottom half as low is faulty.
Isn't there normally Top/High/Mid/Low/Bottom for the tiers? So shouldn't low tier be Low/Bottom like FG? Or EFG? (lol EFG).
And I'm just johning because I hate peach :p.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Nix because I also hate Peach =P.

Are there going to be any changes with the 'pool system'? Or is that idea scrapped?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
yay, i had fun tonight guys :3 had some pretty good games ^_^

we have to load up that ice climber glitch match too XD that was soo funny

oooh attila we didn't get to do the lucas mirrors D:, guess we'll save it for friendlies at stigma =p

Vermy

Smash Champion
Moar <3 and shoutouts from Vermys adventure to N2C:

Attila: omg you are the anti-pt. Need more exp to level up and evolve ivysaur, cos she fails.
Leisha: I didn't vs your mk! =O
Khoa: I no longer fear diddy. Squirtles glide toss ftw. Now you shall feel the wrath of the mighty Squirtle. AND STOP LURKING! COME OUT AND TALK ON THE BOARDS. Love you ^_^
Jei: pro captain falcon wtf?! Deadly force indeed. Close match with pit, I'm catchin up. ;-)
Cao: PT WUBSS!!! I fail at diddos. Stop being super effective! Lol.
Condog: the grudge matches continue. =p your ICs get so much better each time I vs you.
Atlas: what. What. WHAT. Gg. That last match was cloooose. Well redeemed after that 3 stock. ;-)

Vermy loves eberyone. =)
Now, y'all better be up for some PT ownage come sunday week ;-)

My pokemans bring all the brawls to the yard
And I'm like,
"Mines better than yours"
And darn right i'll beat tier wh*res,
Ill kick your *ss with Charizard.
(sung to tune of the Milkshake song)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
lots of fun last night... look forward to stigma, espc if we hold a low tier tourny then :D

cao: ah peach. one day she might turn good. one day. i enjoy versing her though cause of the rather odd playstyle
jei: we needed to play more man
vermy: <3 pt. squirtle is a mad dog. make sure he learns hydro pump by stimga and youll win!
condog: ok, i was impressed last night. youre coming along well. that chaingrab to spike was sexy as hell, but if it keeps happening, ill probs get angry hehe
atlas: gone for 7 weeks? thats sad...
khoa: i also wanted to play you more. need practice against mad dog falcos
leisha: we didnt ditto, next time :)
tibs: weak

@swordsaint: that link doesnt work

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The Gamefrog LAN competition seems pretty interesting. 2 v 2 only? And no ruleset? $35? Uninteresting prizes? Questions needed. Thanks for the link though, it might need a separate thread.

Anyway, my head is heavy today. Yesterday's combination of work, fine dining and Snake is way too much to handle...

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Last night was awesome, i love playing people who are actually good at this game lol

SHOUT OUTS!
vermy: grudge matches are awesome! i love you hydroplanning squirtle, and i hate your sniping lol
leisha: that is soo much better than wifi haha. your lucas is sweet, you can magnet pull like a pro! and you god**** G&W! >=(
khoa: your ics are pretty good, you have the timing for the fthrow chain better than me lol, plus the grab release cg was nice, i gotta try that out. i think ill leave MK to you tho XD
jei: ****it stop gimping my ICs with the shield! >_> desynced blizzards ftw!
attila: YES YOU SHALL FEAR MY NANA SPIKE! =D now i just need to figure out how to beat your snake..

oh and you have to upload that floating nana vid. that was so high-larious! now i just need to figure out how to do it on purpose....

swordsaint said:
http://gamesworld.1frog.com.au/html/events.php
That looks waaay to expensive for the quality of the tourney. Im better off paying for n2c and getting some quality matches =D

Attila_

BRoomer
@condog: i dont fear your nana spike, not yet anyway, but i do enjoy watching it. someone soon i probably will though :)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ill have my laptop there, someone better have theirs there with an installer, since i wont install my one before the ranbat

Splice

Smash Hero
I cant come to this one either, going away on that weekend.
Which is a pity because i hear Amaterusu is coming, i want to brawl him !!
Should be able to go to the one in May though.
Also, thats ages, Afro! I wont be able to go with you anymore >.< well 'til August.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
I can't go to the tourney this month:(
Soccer ruins it until around August I think.
Darn, now it'll be even longer before my Sonic gets to Trounce Vs. You. Not to mention we'll be missing a team rematch man. How about I bust your leg so you can't attend Soccer but can come to smash?

@TakFR: And I'll probably bring my laptop, but it'll be coming with a capture card for recording. Still, If you want to put Melty Blood on it when people don't want matches recorded/your running short of time and need to speed up the amount of matches, I'm all for it.

Afropony

Smash Lord
We'll see who trounces who, I've practiced a bit of Sonic to try and get used to the matchup just because of you.

BTW I expect to play you in Sonic dittos this Sunday Nix ;)

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
I would like to request that Corneria be moved from a counterpick stage to a banned stage with the release of the new SBR Recommended ruleset, on which Corneria is classed as banned.

I would also like to suggest the Yoshi's Island (melee) be banned due to the possibility to stall on the ledge very effectively, and the close blast zones which allow for charcters with good ledge attacks to kill easily (I have killed people with Olimar's under 100% ledge attack there, on enemies with reletively low damage). Whilst stalling is banned, ledgecamping may be considered "forcing an approach" or against certain characters "avoiding projectiles," so I would like Jei and X to either state whether ledgecamping to "force an approach" or to "avoid projectiles" is considered stalling, or ban this stage. I would also like to note that charecters with a good grab and back throw can camp on the left side of the stage easily, Olimar comes to mind here because his grab follows the terrain, is long ranged, and he has a powerful back throw.

SBR Recommended ruleset: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481

Afropony

Smash Lord
It is so on Afro, also I expect to lose :p.
Looks like you can beat my Sonic, but I can stil 2/3 stock you with Pit :p

Also I agree with Alfa about Corneria, the ceiling and sides of the stage are so small, you can be infinite Dtilt'ed and chaingrabbed and although the plane things don't cause knockback they still do damage and allow G&W to fill his bucket up and then 1 hit KO you, I really hate this stage :mad:

But maybe that's just because I usually practice with a G&W.

Attila_

BRoomer
ive had a quick browse and cant find the reasoning behind banning corneria. i understand if its d3 banned, but otherwise, i dont really get it. the ceiling is low, but thats no reason to ban a stage imo. arwings never do anything, and take off next to nothing also. im not too fussed either way though, cause im not a big fan of this stage in general. i just want some reasons.

yoshi's island banned? cause oli is too good on it? as someone who uses oli, let me announce it is one of his worse stages. the ledge is dodgy enough to gimp him. shy guys block projectiles. fsmash wont work uphill either. tilting stage blocks smashes and forces you to land with lang instead of ac. and decent grab and ledge ko (which shouldnt happen anyway) should not make it ban material.

swordsaint

Smash Master
If you ask me, Corneria promotes camping, and ALL four sides are too close to the stage, meaning early ko's, less recovery chance and all around a total advantage for heavy characters. I get that this is why it's a counterpick, but for characters like Snake (for example) who is an excellent camper on this stage, being able to throw his grenades into the slanted ground to rebound them over, the ship allows for broken chains on the wall and the sides just make everything so much easier

Posted by Jei: "Everything else is banned due to broken moves such as Marth's and Metaknight's dtilt against a wall or extreme camping spots."

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
yoshi's island banned? cause oli is too good on it? as someone who uses oli, let me announce it is one of his worse stages. the ledge is dodgy enough to gimp him. shy guys block projectiles. fsmash wont work uphill either. tilting stage blocks smashes and forces you to land with lang instead of ac. and decent grab and ledge ko (which shouldnt happen anyway) should not make it ban material.
He's talking about the Melee One. Yellow blocks, massive slopes, and an annoying hole in the center.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
About Corneria - doesn't anyone appreciate matches going FASTER in Brawl? It's not just Snake that can get low % kills, anyone can. It depends how you bait.

And I would just like to add that the SBR is crap since I'm in it

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Keep Corneria as a CP there is nothing legitimately broken on it, all it does is provide slight advantages/disadvantages to characters which is what a CP should do.
But yes ban Yoshi Island (Melee) that level is stupid. Really stupid, ledge attacks, walkoffs gayness, it has it all.
@Afro: I must not have been paying attention, what game was I 3stocked in by your pit? All I remember is high percentage 2 stocks (as Sonic that is) ;)

Attila_

BRoomer
whoops, id assumed that that yoshi's island was already banned. pretty sure it should be...

still unsure why corneria is banned...

EDIT: just for the record, oli suck on that stage too. if sheik camps on the slope with her chain, oli literally cannot do anything. like, anything at all. and a number of other characters are quite similar.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure there I 3 stocked you while playing on Lylat, I did one of he grab things on you and I think you might have UpB'ed into the stage at about 60%
Maybe I'm just imagining:psycho:

I'm not really sure about Yoshi's Island Melee, I've only played on it one time against Devil. But I do know that The blocks that are randomnly in the air allow you to camp under them quite easily.

Splice

Smash Hero
Corneria should just have a (D) next to it so you cant have a Dedede getting an infinite on it.
its good for a few characters with good kill moves, but apart from that wall, which doesn't really have any infinites if you ban Dedede, there is nothing wrong with it (plus you can easily stay on the otherside of the plane) . the Arwings are easy to dodge, and dont do so much damage, and if you get hit by the laser under the plane, then what the hell were you doing there? its a legit stage for a CP, and benefits a bunch of characters. However Yoshis Island is a piece of ****, ban it or whatever, idc.

Also, I'm pretty sure the only 3 stock of today was my GaW three stocking Nixs C.Falcon after you left, i dont recall you doing any three stockings. Thanks for coming round, both of you. :)

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
'what the hell were you doing there?'
But I like flying =(
And plus, fighting on the turret is the only real way to play on corneria, playing on corneria might speed things up to a melee match, but playing down there is like a 1 min game max =D

Vermy

Smash Champion
And ivysaur can camp on the turret till.... BAM! VINEWHIP THROUGH THE STAGE.

WHAT?
WHAT.

Yeah. Come Stigma-B, y'all better ban that if you vs me. You'll lose unless you're fox, falco or snake.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
And ivysaur can camp on the turret till.... BAM! VINEWHIP THROUGH THE STAGE.

WHAT?
WHAT.

Yeah. Come Stigma-B, y'all better ban that if you vs me. You'll lose unless you're fox, falco or snake.
-spams pk thunder... turret breaks-

... poor ivysaur.

-goes to sleep-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom