• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I is now awakes O=,

Stigma B is this week, wonder how well ill end up going this time... I didn't get to do singles so hopefully i wont do too badly =P

I'm kinda looking forward to the low tier tourney, then i can **** with teh lucas =P

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Yay, Low tier tourny. With the Diddy Kongs gone, it should be a snap for me to take the title. Or at least, A bigger shame if I fail... Wait... That isn't a good thing. D:

Incidently, as much as I like Corneria, factor in Marth/Metaknight D-tilts, and the stage starts having it's downsides. Still, so long as no one acts particularly gay in terms of camping, it shouldn't be too bad. Besides, it's a CP, just win your first match and your third if you're that worried. Oh, but Yoshi's Island Melee should definately be banned, along with Distant Planet in that regard... Though maybe I just hate walk off stages. No wait, I do HATE walk off stages.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yup get rid of yoshi's and keep corneria!! and yes walkoffs are quite homo

This months tourney will be awesome, low tier totes exciting...mario ftw

Voss

Smash Rookie
I can never make it to these... Arg... :(

On the off chance I can next time, does anyone have any tips on convincing parents to take someone to this?

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-The way I get around playing smash and parents or anyone else is to do well enough at whatever I'm doing outside of smash, maybe that'd help?
-Other than that maybe introducing them to some of us so they don't think we will **** you (outside of smash)

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
-The way I get around playing smash and parents or anyone else is to do well enough at whatever I'm doing outside of smash, maybe that'd help?
-Other than that maybe introducing them to some of us so they don't think we will **** you (outside of smash)
...or say you're off to see your girlfriend, as long as your parents don't find out it's Cao.

Browny

Smash Hater
lol i could probably come to this since my chances of getting to rocky are slim...

but is it worth like, $250 for 1 whole day to fly there >_>

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
whoops, id assumed that that yoshi's island was already banned. pretty sure it should be...

still unsure why corneria is banned...

EDIT: just for the record, oli suck on that stage too. if sheik camps on the slope with her chain, oli literally cannot do anything. like, anything at all. and a number of other characters are quite similar.
Olimar can use his UP+B, it's almost the same angle as the slope and has huge range.

Mezerian

Smash Cadet
This w/e should be cool, again. I'll have some coffee before fighting this time, so hopefully I'll be a more satisfying battle.
And, as usual, it will be an honour to be a ladder trampoline for each of my opponents.
*Bows humbly*

C~Dog

Smash Champion
So how many wiis can we expect this sunday? I'll be bringing mine (as always hehe), but i reckon 8 is a good number to aim for this month =D

Nixernator

Smash Ace
brawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawl
*Pumped for sunday*

Mezer we need that rematch.
Tan I'm going to beat you in a Sonic ditto, by which I mean you better sandbag or I will go home sad ;).
Shaya I hear you play 64? I need to play someone else who is competitive at it, ****** my friends won't do anymore.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
ATTN Everyone:

I'm very, very sorry but due to some complications we haven't been able to pay for the venue yet. We are going there tomorrow to try to pay it but they usually require 2 weeks payment in advance.

If they let us pay it for this Sunday then everything will be cool but if not, we have 3 options.

*Post-pone it to next month
*Skip this month's tournament or
*Hold it at someone's house (lol not gonna work)

I'm just saying this now because I'm reading everyone's posts about how much they are looking forward to this and it makes me sadface :(
Hopefully all goes well tomorrow and they are lenient but either way, you will all know by tomorrow...

Sorry :(

swordsaint

Smash Master
If worst comes to worst and they don't let you, maybe you could hold it at someones house. Just cut poules and whatnot and just skip straight to a double elimination bracket, seeding people based on past performances?

Nixernator

Smash Ace
That sucks Jei :(. Oh well we all can get our Brawl fix some other time if it doesn't work out.
@Amaterasu: Yes I would love to play you, Fox/Jiggs (Lol I picked him up like 2 weeks ago against a friend and is now my 2nd main, jiggs is too pro) main. Also Link/Falcon for lulz. We should play at some meet.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
I just need to be beaten by someone so I don't get a false sense of proness. Not asking much Shaya :).
Also Jiggs Drill>Uptilt>Rest kills are way too pro. I play my mates DK and I kill him earlier with Jiggs and he's like "WTF Jigglypuff is too broken"

Browny

Smash Hater
lol the one time i manage to get a few days off uni and now this happens >_<

ill sonic ditto you guys eventually... :( wifi in teh meantime plz? :O

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well, hopefully this still continues, or else i will sob for 2 weeks D=...

i would have it at my house but im like too far from anyone, plus parents would probably not approve..

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Lawl, we are not eating my cows >=O there mineeeee... you can eat the ones next door =P they have sheep too. Oh well i better get to bed or else i wont wake up in the morning, hopefully this tourny doesnt get canceled D:

Vermy

Smash Champion
Before I go to shreep....
Yes its 3am. I may have drunk a can of Mother half an hour ago.

I have discovered (not learnt, DISCOVERED) a new Advanced Technique for Squirtle. Sif he didn't have enough ATs. =p

Anyways. Its gunna mindgame all you Diddy mains. (I'm looking at you Tibs and Toshi) =D
And halve your bananas. That and I've learned to glide toss...

Here's hoping I can show y'all this Sunday.

Vermysaur out.

Zzzzzzzzz....

tibs7

Smash Champion
bahahaha vermy vermy vermy, diddy is not just glidetossing, can you keep up with his speed??? and once the momentum gets going he is one of the hardest to stop =)
You should watch reflexs match with his PT... his squirtle owns

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
His everything owns. Except Bowser Melee. I have rep over that.

I don't know if Jei would let this monthly fall through, but we have the Convent next Saturday as a possible solution (May 2). It is possible to open it up for something like Brawl Low Tier/Brawl Moderated Items (something that is not associated with the Stigma Rankings), as there is ample time for these things, with the lower turnouts and all. I would welcome it.

Vermy

Smash Champion
*sigh*

I'm well aware of Reflex, Tibs. He is the saviour among PT mains. He's beated M2K's Metaknight in a tournament round once, I think that ALONE proves his awesomeninity. =p

Oh but. Can Diddy slide the entire length of Smashville whilst charging an Fsmash AND holding a banana?

Cos Squirtle can. That was my discovery. =D

And you're srsly underestimating Squirtle's speed. He's FAAAAAST. Dare I say his aerials may be quicker than Diddy's, but Diddy may have the range advantage. Match up boards say Squirtle is at slight advantage vs Diddy, Ivy at neutral and Zard at slight disadvantage. While I may not be able to beat you just yet, I'll make you fear mah Ninja Squirtle. Heheheehhehehehehehehehheheheehe.

Yah I'm done. After this big rant I feel a little like a madman. -_-
Anyhoo. Wanna fight some Diddys. Ch'mon!

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah yeah matchups......i have qualms about them.
i think with the long glidetosses its better to like 'soft throw' them so you get right behind them otherwise shieldgrab ftw...well vermy you havent been the only one to improve!!! =)
i guess we will soon see ey haha

EDIT: attila has gotten a capture card!!! but we dont think his cpu is good enough, so if anyone can provide a decent/good laptop for stigma that would be shweet =)

EDIT again: vermy this whole slide thing leaves squirtle wide open for a crazy diddy combo doesnt it???

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Actually if this AT involves large distance sliding, wouldn't Squirtle likely end up slipping on the potential banana #2 anyway?

Toby.

Smash Master
I mentioned that to Vermy. It all depends on what the diddy is doing with the naner. Ideally I suppose you are doing it as the diddy comes in with an aerial, so that you slide underneath and hit them from behind. If they plan on z dropping the naner to give themselves an opening for the aerial/whatever then you are ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom