• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
I will be very disheartened if Brawl does not go through. You all wouldn't want that, would you? In all seriousness though, I'll chip in an extra buck or two to the convent if they let the lateness slide ^^;

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
How can someone like Shaya mysteriously appear from nowhere and 8 stock you all if there's no tournament anyway?

Hopefully things end up working out for it.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Actually the matchup has squirtle 55:45, ivy 40:60 and charizard 40:60 :ohwell:

overall diddy's got it covered imo.

It IS a cool AT though/
lol, matchups dont matter that much seriously, if the person that has the disadvantage is a more skilled player they tend to win imo...but then again toby your PT skill was alot better than shaya's marth skill, very impressive! but the whole squirtle thing let you down =(

Vermy

Smash Champion
vermy this whole slide thing leaves squirtle wide open for a crazy diddy combo doesnt it???
Shutup....
There may be bugs to work out lol. Still leaves another option open when holding a naner. Previously there was only regular fsmash, throw, drop or glide toss. One more option gives me an advantage anyway you look at it.

@meteor: the AT with the slide allows me to completely stop momentum the second I release A/Z for the smash. Instead of slipping on the banana I could trap a Diddy into chasing me and stop BEFORE I hit the nana, then BAM! =)
its highly situational, but it lets me hold onto a banana while Diddy only has 1 other to work with, halving the threat.

And I'm sure Toby will agree, squirtles banana game is greater than diddys. I personally may not be able to do it to full potential, but I'm workin on it ;-)

tibs7

Smash Champion
mmm yeah vermy you'll probs surprise me with it a few times but after a few times i wont be scared =) hehehe

Vermy

Smash Champion
In the same way, my inexperience vs good Diddy players is my problem. (Lvl. 9 cpus can't nana combo lol)

Either way, I won't get better till I fight the best, and at the moment that person seems to be you Tibs. =)

Well, in Cobalt's absence anyway. <3

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
but then again toby your PT skill was alot better than shaya's marth skill, very impressive! but the whole squirtle thing let you down =(
That'd be some fightan words.

Toby is an exceptionally good player, he also plays many other characters in friendlies, and none so far oust my Marth consistantly either. Match up with Zard and Marth is better than 40:60; without factoring in the fatigue part.

Toby.

Smash Master
lol, matchups dont matter that much seriously, if the person that has the disadvantage is a more skilled player they tend to win imo...but then again toby your PT skill was alot better than shaya's marth skill, very impressive! but the whole squirtle thing let you down =(
I believe that its a combination of player skill and character. I'd have to be waaaay better than shaya to actually beat him consistently because marth has way more options and can control the pace of the match more effectively.

It's the same reason why metaknight wins way more tournaments than good ol captain falcon.

Despite that the diddy : PT matchup ratio isn't that bad. As you said, it's more about who has greater skill.

Thanks for the compliment by the way :)

EDIT: and then shaya when you DO factor in fatigue...we begin to see why PT is low tier :p

Toby.

Smash Master
To be honest the pokemon will get screwed over regardless of whether you stall the match.

It goes like this:

First stock: I send out zard. Then I can either a)switch him out at high % and sacrifice squirtle (thus avoiding marths 0-death chain grab) or I can let zard die.

Lets assume I switch zard. Squirtle gets hit once and dies, I have ivy out, who promptly dies or is switched out. Now I have charizard, the only pokemon with the slightest chance in the matchup, but he is still fatigued. This cripples my ability to deal damage or knockback. I lose.

Option B) I let zard die. I'm suck with squirtle for a stock. 0-death chain grab here I come! Clearly squirtle can't survive.If I switch squirtle out i'm setting ivysaur up for a stupidly easy marth gimp anyway.

So yes, fatigue means a lot regardless of whether you choose to stall. It just so happens that if you DO stall I'm even more screwed :p

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Squirtle's cool. He sounds like he's being drowned when he attacks you. <3
Zard is the slowest flying creature I've ever seen. Makes you wonder why he even flies</3

PT sounds too complicated. Just pick up Snake 'n f-tilt your way to victory.

Edit: omg another "Should we ban MK thread". This time it doesn't look good for him though. Will this poll affect us?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah not for the moment, Amaterasu and ILAG are the only metaknight players I can think of here in aus, its very different from the US scene.

Mezerian

Smash Cadet
My optimism, mixed with the alleged dis-use of the hall where I've become used to brawling in tells me that a late payment won't be too bad, but, if all goes up the creek, then I guess que sera sera, hey?

@Nixernator: I want that rematch too!! I'm working on my yo-yo use and my spacing as well as drinking a lot of coffee.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Yeh. Might piss of a couple people, but given our (Australia) tournament results, we probably won't ban him.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
So... no Melty Blood this week if this doesn't go through =(

also Cao get the game off Sam or bring a usb to this (if it runs) so you can get a copy =D

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Yeah, so what's the word on this tourney?
If things don't happen I guess I'll be smashing with only Bryan, awww =/

Btw, since I've been out of things for a while, where are all the new brawlers that I've been hearing about? Better not be all form the west!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
All over the place, really. The west could always do with more love though. Jeiside babeh! <3

C~Dog

Smash Champion
you can do it Jei, save stigma for us! i believe in you! =D i havent been training my *** of on these cgs for nothing god****it!

...of course, failing that, n2c thursday sounds like a good backup plan hehe

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
haha, yeah if the brawl tourny gets called off, everyone bail to n2c for teh funzors =3 last one was really fun ^_^ time for moar lucas rapage on Sunday or Thursday ^_^

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
not if my ICs have anything to say about that mwhahaha! >=)
my lucas will eat your ice climbers >=O mmmm ice climbers... -drools- OOOH ill remember to use your favorite character on you ^_^ (game&watch.. bahaahahha) ill make sure to bring lols of lollies this time =O im feeling generous

C~Dog

Smash Champion
my lucas will eat your ice climbers >=O mmmm ice climbers... -drools- OOOH ill remember to use your favorite character on you ^_^ (game&watch.. bahaahahha) ill make sure to bring lols of lollies this time =O im feeling generous
there has better be a ****load of lollies if you plan on bringing g&w. im talking like a god**** ton of lollies.

i seriously hate g&w

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Good news!
I had a delicious coffee this morning, it was delicious.
White Chocolate Mocha from Gloria Jeans, I recommend!

Bad news though.
I'm sure you have all been waiting for this post, unfortunately they allowed us to pay for it today and X went ahead and did that online. So the tournament will be running on Sunday and everything is back to normal.

Even worse news.
I have to wake up at 6am and have a fcking blood test before work. At least all is good for Sunday :)

One last thing...this is just a monthly...wtf is with the best member from each state coming to this (Chris, Shaya, DJBrowny...)?

Nixernator

Smash Ace
YAAAAAYYYYYYY! What horrible news Jei. brawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawlbrawl
you get the gist.
That makes me so happy Jei first week back at school is going to suck, tourny is what I need to look forward to.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-Don't worry Jei, we both know that MK + Pit is even more broken, we get another chance to try some crazy aerial 2v1 combos on people on Sunday, yay =D
-And I didn't know djbrowny was coming, that'll be cool, since I've chatted to him a bit online but I don't think I have met him in RL

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Hooray! And I finally get a Sonic ditto against DJ Browny where I CAN'T blame lag. And he can. Jetlag. Haw. Perhaps next month I'll bust out the DK then ^^;

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
MK + Marth banned

10bans :)

jks <3
I like the sound of this ^^.

Only kidding, Have been putting practice in against Tanman... If you replace practice with getting beaten 90% of the time.

But let me get to my point, Tanman will be teaming up with Edge Games so this means I lack a partner for doubles. Anyone here want a Fox or Marth for a team mate?

Browny

Smash Hater
lol the one time i manage to get a few days off uni and now this happens >_<

ill sonic ditto you guys eventually... :( wifi in teh meantime plz? :O
I didnt say i could come... I couldnt exactly book flight tickets until i was sure whether this was going ahead or not and now its way too late, cheap tickets all sold by monday morning (jetstar anyway) :(

ok this might still be possible lol... gonna need some serious planning asap. i can get TO melb ok but getting back is ehhhhhh

johns johns johns. Only tickets out of melb start on tuesday >_<

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
well this is good, tourney is still going to be continuing =3. I think ill do a hyper dance when i arrive =D, also im going to bring lots of lollies to get everyone hyper >=D bahahahaa

Toshi

Smash Journeyman

But let me get to my point, Tanman will be teaming up with Edge Games so this means I lack a partner for doubles. Anyone here want a Fox or Marth for a team mate?
Yes! I shall be your partner! My Diddy will strike fear into my opponents (where have I heard this from?)

To the pokemon trainers: I'm confident with this Diddy vs PT matchup, just as long as you don't take my bananas. I repeat: DON'T take my bananas*.

*People tend to do the opposite of what they are told...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh god, djbrowny is so lucky.

I found him an awesome deal, $90 (inc return). For me I have to pay like $105, and thats for being a student, someone else who wants to come has to pay twice that ;_;.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
So at Splices last Sunday I played some melee, and I loved it. Its fast, it has cancelling, dashdancing, and combos. And Fox is awesome. All stuff I love from 64, I was wondering if anyone knows any stores around city or South/East area that stock it for a reasonable price?
Also where are the best places to get lunch aside from the bakery? I always get hungry during smash, and I wanna try something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom