• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
i should really look on the boards more i would have come.. my day was not that interesting thez always nex time

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Seems the majority vote is Melee, somehow I knew this would happen.
And what? Not one vote for Low Tier Doubles? That's my vote lol.

Well there's still about a week left until I make the schedule so it may change by then.

So far:
Brawl + = 3 votes
Melee = 5 votes
Low Tier = 3 votes
4 man Crews = 2 votes
Low Tier Doubles = 1 vote

swordsaint

Smash Master
I know I'm not in Melbourne or anything, but since I'll be attending August I'm going to offer my opinion anyway.

Stigma-M is for Melee, leave Melee there.

I quote from the first page:
"So while CAOTIC and Shaz run the Melee tournaments every month, X and I will be running Brawl tournaments to make for some epic bi-weeklies for the duration of 2009.

This is so Smashers can get their monthly fix on their preferred game without any conflict of the two. Obviously, you can attend both but I believe this way is easier for the Smashers who don't want to sit through a whole Brawl singles tournament just to play a few competitive games of Melee and vice versa."

I put my vote on low tier anyway, if you're willing to accept it since I'm coming this month.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Scoot, that's an outdated statement you're quoting. Stigma-M will cease to exist from September onwards (ironically due to lukewarm support) and will revert to being a Brawl/Melee hybrid through CouchWarriors (with Brawl taking priority) like the 2008 season we had. Just FYI.

Edit - Oh, and Stigma-B and CouchWarriors are separate events alltogether, so don't worry. I'm assuming Stigma-B will run the rest of the season like it normally has.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yeah I really should get rid of that OP intro, it is pretty old. Scoot if you're coming then of course your opinion matters. So another vote for Low Tier then.
If CW are holding Brawl Tournaments there's going to be so much Brawl happening :dizzy:

earla

Smash Lord
There is a melee tournament on Saturday. It'd be great if more brawlers went. tibz, gary and i go. If anyone's interested you're welcome.

tibs7

Smash Champion
@shaya: my doc will **** you if thats all you do =) ask redact haha.

good post earl. more brawlers need to come to these.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
all my hearts are just breakin for you guys i didn't know i was that missed hahahaha... yeahyeah dont reply to this

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Melee for the Melee'ers and Low tier for the non-melee people. Given the numbers/split vote, it'd be simple enough to run both so long as Melee people play only melee and brawlers play only brawl.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Just use sheik and ftilt to fair.

You'll probably beat half the people there with this simple, yet effective TOP TIER DEFINING strategy.
Where were all the Sheiks in Genesis? Must have gotten ***** by all those fresh Peaches and Puffs.

Oh and Brawlers! I will teach anyone how to play Melee this Saturday if you come.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
up air to shuttle loop is an effective TOP TIER DEFINING strategy in brawl; where were all the meta knights in... oh wait.

Just because it didnt work on pros, doesnt mean it doesnt DESTROY scrubs lol.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
too much hassle to learn a new game? can't stand the lack of tripping in melee?

if you come this saturday, I'LL happily teach you the cheap, no skill required methods of winning including such classics as laser camping, everything shiek and upthrow to rest! you'll win in no-time!*

*will not work after round 1 of losers bracket

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Melee for the Melee'ers and Low tier for the non-melee people. Given the numbers/split vote, it'd be simple enough to run both so long as Melee people play only melee and brawlers play only brawl.
I agree with tanman!!!! =DDD

Mario_Frek

Smash Rookie
NNID
MPacHD
After no much consideration, I concur with fellow Smash veterans; Melee Tournament. The Stigma-M crowd are too pro for me, so maybe Brawl players will be closer to my skill level? You know, with all the Mewtwo teleport spam. That's skill, right?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i can teach melee better than cao and dekar combined, some of my students include players such as isai, mew2king, ken, captain falcon, isai, spider man, ken and much more (such as isai and spider man)

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Redact teach me how to shot web!!!!!

On topic, i'm amazed that melee is winning this vote since all of 9 people turn up to stigma-M

ZOMG 200 posts

Dekar289

Smash Hero
last stigma-m lots of people were in america or grounded or trying to mate with a tree
this saturday will beeee b1g

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
dont worry brawlers noone expt me bites at stigma m hahahaha btw djcat will be there for some serious 64 action so even if you wanna play a little melle then get bored we have plenty of 64 stuff to do

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Mt. Buller Victorian Snowboarding/Ski Daytripper
Friday August 21

The plan is to leave on the crack of dawn to make the most of the day trip. We have one vehicle but we will need another vehicle or driver! If it comes down to it, we’ll use Ashley’s SUV but be mindful it’s nice to spread the driving burden, especially after hitting the slopes – it’s tiring.

This was initially a BRoomer shindig, now open to everyone! Contact me for more details to co-ordinate the trip.

CAOTIC
Thundermistress
Blazey
Nathalie
Ben
Attila
Devil

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
ill go definately and ill drive as well got room for 4...oh i have a good boot so i hope size wont matter much. i gotta lot of room in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom