• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'll go to both evo and genesis 3 if melee is in evo

then i am retiring

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
What makes you think that?
If melee makes it, that's exposure for competitive Smash as well as competitive melee.

Good exposure for competitive smash paints Brawl in a better light.

People who see and are amazed at competitive smash, who don't hate brawl and can enjoy it will be more likely to support competitive smash which means a greater potential of new players for brawl and/or melee.

however, if money is split between brawl and melee, and as a result, the splitting causes melee to lose its spot. then competitive smash gets no exposure.

It then becomes a question of, "Well do I want to support Melee, and thus support competitive Smash or take a huge risk and try to push brawl to number 1 or 2 spot, which is very unlikely at this point."

Granted, vote for whatever you want, but getting a smash game in the spotlight is great for us all, and Melee is far more likely to succeed than Brawl, so efforts of getting Smash into the limelight would better be used on Melee.

Unless you're a Brawlfiend and despise Melee.

Stargazer

Smash Rookie
I'm not even familiar with Skull girls at all. Guess I'll take a second to look into what that game's about on Youtube for an hour or so.

I also a little happy that MLP isn't going to show. This gives me a chance to put money down without picking favorites amongst the list of games I'd like to see. Just too bad I won't be able to put down either how much I would of hoped for. I did 1,000 to the Cloudsdale Congress Kick Starter to help push that through for the March Convention to show my support and I need to save at least 500 for a custom I'm getting a friend to make for me. Then I need to save up for Katsucon for next month so money is tight for me.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Skullgirls is a fantastic TFG modeled after MvC2. It's made by a high level TFG player of BB, GG, and MvC2; Mike Z.

Love the game personally, but I love melee more. >:

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I'm not even familiar with Skull girls at all. Guess I'll take a second to look into what that game's about on Youtube for an hour or so.

I also a little happy that MLP isn't going to show. This gives me a chance to put money down without picking favorites amongst the list of games I'd like to see. Just too bad I won't be able to put down either how much I would of hoped for. I did 1,000 to the Cloudsdale Congress Kick Starter to help push that through for the March Convention to show my support and I need to save at least 500 for a custom I'm getting a friend to make for me. Then I need to save up for Katsucon for next month so money is tight for me.
Skullgirls is pretty dope, fantastic soundtrack. One thing I love about it is the great training mode that kind serves as a primer for (most) 2D fighters.

Stargazer

Smash Rookie
Skullgirls is a fantastic TFG modeled after MvC2. It's made by a high level TFG player of BB, GG, and MvC2; Mike Z.

Love the game personally, but I love melee more. >:
Skullgirls is pretty dope, fantastic soundtrack. One thing I love about it is the great training mode that kind serves as a primer for (most) 2D fighters.
Yeah, right off the bat I saw the MvC2 style referenced for this game. I do love the music and the art style as well.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Skull girls passed us by the way. We lost that easy win position and the FGC will probably start backing them soon...can we get those numbers up? It's still incredibly close...10$. I might close the gap myself

Also, this is why I didn't want numbers shown. Time to spread to your regional zones.

:phone:

unreon

Smash Ace
You have to manually click to get to the donation page of each game.

Skullgirls has taken the lead at $2,026.22
Melee is sitting at $1,945.00

Where is all their money coming from D: $1200 in the last 24 hours

Bad Cupboard

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't have a problem with Skullgirls being in the lead.

It's a great game with a community that's almost dead and in desperate need of publicity.
Melee has a strong community already, plus Genesis 3 is so close to Evo. Melee at Evo would still be great, but I won't be too mad if it doesn't make it.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
But that's under the implication people hold back when they cant tell what's going on.

SG community was putting all in before visibility. lol.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
It's sad to think we could donate all we want while another community is sitting back and collecting the dough to snipe us both last second while avoiding a bidding war.

Donated an extra 29$ because I was paid 25$ today for doing nothing and I wanted to round up my original donation to 39$ because of puff. Yup, I'm that gay. Don't say I should've gone to 40 because that's more than I planned on anyways. you donate the extra dollar, and then another 9.

edit: where's that guy who donated to the javi fund but hated unround numbers? totally gunna donate a cent to push him lol.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
i'll go to both evo and genesis 3 if melee is in evo

then i am retiring
d00d, why would you do that! :(

You're like the only dedicated DK main to travel a lot. I was looking forward to seeing some top places from a DK!

Low tiers are legit imo

(tho I play fox :troll:)

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Lol too obvious a troll chunks. Why throw $$$ away?

You and biz should try to understand one smash in evo is better then none for the sake of both games.

:phone:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Let him do what he wants...although, if he's about to go donate 1000$ then yeah, it's pretty much splitting the communities money and losing to SG.

And anthony knows it, people re on planes/in cars or sleeping. Some still don't know about this fund. btw I heard you live in vaughan? Also heard you don't play much anymore but it'd be sweet to get vaughan smashfests going since the few people here are all walking distance from eachother.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure how many people actually played in APEX but doubles was capped at 128. So if there were at least 128 players there and they each donated at least $5, that's $640 right there. And that's not assuming that we won't get any winnings added into there. And hey, if you made some nice pocket money from money matches and side bets, I think this would be the perfect place to spend it!
https://www.wepay.com/donations/evo2013-ssbm

ZelDan

Smash Master
So the numbers are up on the donation site, are visible, an are updated constantly?

What they should do is just give weekly updates, or updates every 4-5 days or something, so we can know each game's positioning, but also don't know how much a game has at every minute so that some one won't just dump some absurd amount of money in the very second their game loses it's spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom