• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
So here I was planning to go to EVO anyway, but I didn't bother donate towards Melee because I didn't think it had a chance of winning.

With this news, though, decided to put a donation in after all.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Given how close they are to each other (Nevada/Cali), there's a chance that something will be arranged. I really hope international players show up at both, Evo's a rare opportunity but Genesis is Genesis.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
As much as I love homegrown tourneys, and as much as I dislike eSports. I feel that Melee having a spot in EVO is more importantn than G3NESIS, because it'd be better for the communities health and reputation.

If melee is worked into EVO, I hope the TOs of G3NESIS work something out so that everyone isnt split between the two and we can have awesome tourneys within a nice span of time.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Man don't even worry, we got dis. Throw in some money guys lets beat ponies. Not for the pot bonus case well...we could just give it to the winner. But seriously my hype is overloading.

Gunna have to go watch sadbox to calm down
:phone:

Edit
I think now that ponies are out, we're in the lead and were aware of what it takes Evo>genesis. I dunno man...it could go either way :troll: /thread

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just saw the current results, LMAO at MLP having the most donations (won't lie definitely saw that one coming though). Personally am bummed about Brawl but either way it's great news for Melee and the Smash community in general.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Gonna give a little extra now that people are getting in on it

Would like to know top players opinions though, no fun without competition.

clowsui

Smash Legend
You could literally just go to Evo, find a motel/smasher's place in sf and bam. Like I get that most of us are poor college students etc but at least for the internationals this should be a feasible course of action.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
I know this is the Melee threads, but there's nowhere else to talk about this:

75% of what's in Brawl right now was my money.

ULTIMATE RUSTLE

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Yeah you said it was a large donation and with such an abysmal amount I figured you dropped like...150$.

Good **** though, respect for sticking to your guns and no hate on brawl but if all goes well at Evo it'll get some recognition too.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Thanks, man. Good luck for Smash in general, rather have that than Animu Girl Flash Game #3.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
tbqh would have been better to support melee since it's the only one that has a chance of making it, and melee making it would benefit brawl more than donating to brawl and having NEITHER make it. 150$ would have been enough to increase melee's chances by a significant amount.
No hate though. The deed is done. At least you had the drive and resources to donate, that's more than I had.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
I have reasons for not donating to Melee, but mainly it's because Brawl needs the positive exposure more (and I like it better).

If more people donate to Brawl I'd be willing to drop a lot more.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Well someone on srk already "Look, brawl managed to make money in a split community and the so called greatest fighters can't make a buck."

Or something like that.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
Just dropped another $50.

We can't slow down now, other games are starting to close in. We wanted transparency, and now we have it. Let's make this happen.

Gea

Smash Master
The biggest thing now is exposure. We need to let people know things have changed since the drive was announced, and Boback should hopefully announce something so people don't flounder about Gen3sis being so close.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
It would also be cool to have some informational videos uploaded to popular YT channels (MeleeAtlNorth, MeleePacWest, etc) if anyone knows who runs those channels and can have them throw some videos up. They did that for the EVO poll and it helped tremendously so it couldn't hurt to use that tactic again.

BSP

Smash Legend
tbqh would have been better to support melee since it's the only one that has a chance of making it, and melee making it would benefit brawl more than donating to brawl and having NEITHER make it. 150$ would have been enough to increase melee's chances by a significant amount.
No hate though. The deed is done. At least you had the drive and resources to donate, that's more than I had.
What makes you think that?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
It would also be cool to have some informational videos uploaded to popular YT channels (MeleeAtlNorth, MeleePacWest, etc) if anyone knows who runs those channels and can have them throw some videos up. They did that for the EVO poll and it helped tremendously so it couldn't hurt to use that tactic again.
THIS! We need more donations :/ Skullgirls is already at $1,336.22, few major donations could easily push it past Melee...

Atlus8

Smash Master
Currently in Denver,CO, still trying to get home from Apex because my first flight was delayed and missed my connecting flight! However, this whole news about the donations brings a huge smile to my face! I'll look over my expenses from this trip before I make a donation! Great job everyone!

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Not being able (or refusing) to explain why you think what you think really hurts your credibility.
Basic math. When you donate to one game, that is money you are not donating to the other. They aren't counting some sort of merge between the two games, remember.

I'm waiting on something right now, then I might be able to get some money in. Though I'm gonna parrot myself again: a donation drive with some of the top players would do wonders. Maybe have it so anyone who donates big can ask for certain exhibition matches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom