• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm having a little difficulty with the installation of the cIOS38 and the MIOS patcher. When I select the cIOS38 installer and attempt to run it with the first IOS selection that is given (IOS249), it just remains on the same screen without progressing to the next portion that asks me where to run the installation from (WAD or Network), and my Wiimote shuts off so I'm forced to restart my Wii.

And when I click on the MIOS patcher, the screen goes black, and nothing happens.

I downloaded the files on MuraRengan's OP to put onto my SD card, then put the SD card into my Wii to install the two necessary programs, and that's the point I'm stuck at right now.

Can anyone help me out please? ^.^;

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
hey guys, uploaded an ISO much like the one lucky's vids have.

email sreeepyk@gmail.com for it.
Another one. yes =), is single player deleted from this?

I'm having a little difficulty with the installation of the cIOS38 and the MIOS patcher. When I select the cIOS38 installer and attempt to run it with the first IOS selection that is given (IOS249), it just remains on the same screen without progressing to the next portion that asks me where to run the installation from (WAD or Network), and my Wiimote shuts off so I'm forced to restart my Wii.

And when I click on the MIOS patcher, the screen goes black, and nothing happens.

I downloaded the files on MuraRengan's OP to put onto my SD card, then put the SD card into my Wii to install the two necessary programs, and that's the point I'm stuck at right now.

Can anyone help me out please? ^.^;
umm, make sure u run it through homebrew? Have internet access? You might possibly need to downgrade. Check the front page. U need to use a gamecube controller to work them also. Most of this info is on the front page, or links to info on it.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ok I got a little further in gathering all of the correct files, but I'm still running into the same issue of a black screen when I click on either the GC backup launcher, CMIOS installer rev3, or the CMIOS patcher applications on my Homebrew channel, which leaves me with no option but to restart the Wii.

I'm also running into the same issue I had before when I run the cIOS38 rev17 application (I click A when it's set to IOS249 and it freezes before getting to the next step of allowing me to choose between a network installation or an offline wad installation).

Sorry if my questions become tiresome/annoying, I'm just becoming lost on this stuff...but I really want to play a texture/audio hacked copy of Melee. ^.^;

Hmm...I wonder if the structure of my SD card may be the problem. Can anyone give me a proper layout of how my SD card is supposed to look starting at the root, so that I can make sure I have every single necessary file and where they need to be? Thanks so much in advance. :)

smakis

Smash Ace
Ok I got a little further in gathering all of the correct files, but I'm still running into the same issue of a black screen when I click on either the GC backup launcher, CMIOS installer rev3, or the CMIOS patcher applications on my Homebrew channel, which leaves me with no option but to restart the Wii.

I'm also running into the same issue I had before when I run the cIOS38 rev17 application (I click A when it's set to IOS249 and it freezes before getting to the next step of allowing me to choose between a network installation or an offline wad installation).

Sorry if my questions become tiresome/annoying, I'm just becoming lost on this stuff...but I really want to play a texture/audio hacked copy of Melee. ^.^;

Hmm...I wonder if the structure of my SD card may be the problem. Can anyone give me a proper layout of how my SD card is supposed to look starting at the root, so that I can make sure I have every single necessary file and where they need to be? Thanks so much in advance. :)
i helped a friend doing this, he did the installation offline and hadnt downloaded the correct files before, so when it tried network installation it failed and restarted, and afterwards he just got black screeen just like you. To solve it i told him to uninstall homebrew and reinstall it, then install the correct files and it worked just fine after that.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
I've got everything working up until I reach the Backup Launcher screen where I'm given a few different options for video modes. However, it's not accepting any input from my GC controller, even though it accepts the disc fine and I've done everything according to the guide so far. I've tried using different GC controllers, trying to control from different slots, etc. but nothing works. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
It is in the Player 1 slot. I've also tried in the 2,3 and 4, it still won't accept input...

EDIT: I turned my Wii upside-down, and for some reason it accepted input this time. However, I pressed B and the screen went green for a split second, and then my console reset <__<

I figured out I need to unplug and replug the SD card into the Wii after I launch it for input to work, but now my problem is with the screen turning green and resetting the Wii the moment I press B. It also stops accepting input if I press anything other than B for the first input. It could possibly be freezing. Can anyone help me?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
strange. are you certain you are using 0.2 and patched mios correctly?

SleepyK

hey fellas, will be making a guide for hacking the intro movie and remaking an iso in gc rebuilder by tomorrow!

S l o X

Smash Champion
i love you sleepyk.

question on the lucky iso you made / does it have the music from the rapex2 playlist or do i add that manually?

<3

SleepyK

sorry, i had to edit my little brother's school project, so i was busy for a while :(. i'll still do it on wednesday...

or i can do it after i finish his project.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

`DNS`

Smash Lord
I have a bunch of .tga files I want to put onto my Melee disc. Is there a tutorial on how to do so?
read the first post..

and the game won't read random files that are on there, only ones that parts of the code tell it to, so you have to replace a file instead of just inserting it, or it won't work. [if that's what you meant]

andgamer12

Smash Cadet
Icant seem to make any exes work
like hps_insert...no new hps is made or
vgmstream it closes when i open it
and ssmex dose the same ._. whats the prob? i have all of them in the same folder..

SleepyK

1) they're executed in your command line.
2) get dspadpcm
3) command line
4) you prob don't have all the required files

S l o X

Smash Champion
The question should've been like this: where do .tga files go to? Apparently .dat's but I'm uninformed as to which ones. ;_;

Gonna roam Youtube.

p.s sorry for being dumb

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
ugh I've been trying to burn an ISO onto a DVD+R disc with Imgburner for at least an hour now. Can anyone help? it says "Device not ready (Medium not present - Tray Closed)." =/

SleepyK

something is not well with your disc, it sounds.

no does not have to be a dvd-r
i've been using the cheapest burnable dvds i can find
dvd-rs or dvd+rs both work

andgamer12

Smash Cadet
This is what people should make...
Freeza From DBZ on Mewtwo cuz for some apperant reason *cough*tail*cough* Mewtwo looks like freeza xD

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i've search the boards and IL and i can't find the ronald mcfalcon and pistripe falcon skins...
i'm sure they used to be in the OP...

anyway, can somebody re-up and/or link?

Top Bottom