• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i'm beginning to feel that this is seriously going to become like crack for me

p.s. Golco awesome but how about Falku?

i think i can make sheik into Piccolo. Sheicolo?
and maybe a fox vegeta/trunks or captain captain ginyu or captain vegeta
but what i really want to do is turn Yoshi's Story into Namek or something (finally i might realize those floating Nappa heads) but stealia (who is now one of my new favorite idols) didn't upload the files and i still don't know how to create .tcs files so i can't do some characters

Rykard

Smash Ace
if you want a suggestion, maybe you could see what it looks like with all of his feathers and such as gold. I'm not saying that it would make it better, i'm just wondering what it might look like cause i would imagine that all hair and fur and stuff turns gold when they transform. either way, its a sick texture

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Kykard
i did seriously consider making all of the feathers yellow but i never applied it to see the exact way it would look. the thing is i just picture this and i don't love it. i might make another like that for kicks later though

http://media.photobucket.com/image/...natorX/Texture Hacks/al_100203_1259binout.jpg

it might look something like this one

ok i decieded to stop being lazy and i made this from a jpeg

not bad actually

and you got me thinking. Have you ever seen a Super Saiyan with a mustache? Maybe if Nappa turned super his mustache would stay black : P.

Steelia

Smash Champion
i'm beginning to feel that this is seriously going to become like crack for me
Tell me about it. @_@

Ah, as for Yoshi's Story... I really wish I could rip it for you all (@Zyx), but unfortunately the computer I use for snapshots/ripping is out of commission for the moment... Won't have access to it till after the 17th or so, and that's being optimistic. I MIGHT have a rip for it laying around, but if it was ripped with the crap laptop we have left... probably messed with the textures. It does that. >:

Nice Falku there, TheDekuNut, wow. XD
Though Fox-Goku kinda beat you there. ;)

EDIT: My fault, scratch that. Yoshi's Story. If that's the one you're talking about.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Thedekunut - If you can use the edit function before you decide to triple post.

Double posting is okay if the thread was a little inactive but try not to multipost like that.

revel8n

Smash Cadet
Still a long way to go, but i finally got around to testing some of my findings...

Last edited:

GodFed

Smash Apprentice
Hey all. Sorry for being out of commission again. I'm back to do another of my semi-annual updates.
Short story, I've been busy with stuff and didn't do much hacking.

However, I do have some stuff planned. First of all, I started a huge (massive) PDF book detailing every aspect of smash hacking in June, but I stopped writing about a third of the way through due to the sheer size of it all, and the fact that I had other things occupying my time. I want to get this thing sortof updated and uploaded sometime. So, I was wondering if you guys want me to finish. If so, I might ask for a little help from skilled hackers like Magus, Steelia, nube, revel8n and nuro to contribute a little content for readability. Just throwing that out there.

I'm doing one of those updates on the first post soon. Information going in will include laser colors, sideB stuff, and Magus's hitbox/attack info. I will provide links and credit where appropriate. I'm debating whether or not I should add images, too.

Another thing, I'm going to rewrite and release the source code for hps_insert, tpl_insert (if that's even used anymore) and the el crappo mth-insert. They're all in very basic c++, maybe you guys can do something with the source code. I'm also going to look into Magus's attack data and make a program for that.

More info to come.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
thanks a lot Steelia your awesome i'm gonna go get started on Ys and especially you Godfed i love this thread

and sorry about the triple post i didn't realize

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem with some of the YS textures.
Some of them (_14) don't make transparency (the trees for example) and I don't know what is the meaning of the "0,8,0" thing..
Can someone help me please !?

So, I was wondering if you guys want me to finish.
That would be nice !

smakis

Smash Ace
this tcs creation stuff isnt quite working out for me =/, I follow the steps, get my tcs files and then spit out a tpl file, but it doesnt match anything in the original file like its supposed to.

when I tried to edit the stage select screen my tpl file didnt match any hexdata in the .dat file

and when i edited ready go... well, here is the result lol

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
in character icons

the data texture is 260 to final

but the palette no is 20 to 21f really?

i intent this and the problem is in palette, what is the palette in this files?

MasterShake

Smash Lord
ok i decieded to stop being lazy and i made this from a jpeg

not bad actually

and you got me thinking. Have you ever seen a Super Saiyan with a mustache? Maybe if Nappa turned super his mustache would stay black : P.
Can you please make that texture and upload it?? It's amazing.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
alright i''l make and upload a version with all gold feathers but i think i might fix some imperfections in the boots and the kai symbol on his back so it might not be for a day or two

And thanks a bunch for the complement silent wolf. coming from you it means alot i probably wouldn't have done this unless i saw your textures

and i plan to do a few more dbz themed textures i'm turning YS into Namek i think i already made the cloud into Nimbus (nibus wasn't on Namek but IDGAF) its sweet and i made some concepts for other characters which one should i tackle first?

buu frieza and captain ginyu are possibilities also

rofl i know Donkey Bubbles

Kamaji

Smash Ace
Wow, this is pretty **** far over my head x.x

If anyone has all of the costume textures hacked I'd love a copy ^_^

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem with some of the YS textures.
Some of them (_14) don't make transparency (the trees for example) and I don't know what is the meaning of the "0,8,0" thing..
Can someone help me please !?
Problem solved.

New YS texture coming.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
alright i''l make and upload a version with all gold feathers but i think i might fix some imperfections in the boots and the kai symbol on his back so it might not be for a day or two

And thanks a bunch for the complement silent wolf. coming from you it means alot i probably wouldn't have done this unless i saw your textures

and i plan to do a few more dbz themed textures i'm turning YS into Namek i think i already made the cloud into Nimbus (nibus wasn't on Namek but IDGAF) its sweet and i made some concepts for other characters which one should i tackle first?

This is Hot

I.B

Smash Lord
Yo Nuro

I downloaded the All-In-One v.2 ISO and it said the .rar is an unknown archive or may be corrupted. Then I re-downloaded it and got the same message :confused:

Metà

Smash Master

Captain Falcon is so fitting as Vegeta, since the voice actor for him is the same person who voiced Vegeta in DBZ! (japanese)

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
So, I wanted to try a new style for my next texture (on Yoshi Story) with light effects + white&black.
Don't know if everyone will like it but here it is :

(Yes, Steelia's Shyguys)

Rykard

Smash Ace
those lighting effects look really cool. i'm definitely going to try that out on my ISO

how long does it usually take you guys to make textures like these? just curious because i want to give them a shot at some point and i don't know if it will be something i can get done along with the school work i have at college

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
that happens with downloaded files occasionally

try it at a later time

or with a download manager

smakis

Smash Ace
could I get some help with movie files? I made a movie and replaced the htp movie, but when I go to data > htp it doesnt load, the screen freezes. If i wait at the start screen htp never loads, and if i put my file as the intro it works

it's mad confusing, (i really want it over the htp movie instead >_>)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
but for some reason the red sheik texture crashes my game everytime :( i think thats the devil may cry one not sure cuz it never loads lmao but yea is there anything i can do? red sheik is a pretty common character so i wanna get it fixed...if it was something like red game and watch i wouldnt care lol

even when i start as zelda and change it crashes so i guess theres something wrong when it tries to load the texture? idk
I'm having the same problem, was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this. Mine loads Zelda fine though. I even turned into Sheik but as soon as Sheik was on the screen it froze.

Top Bottom