• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

nube

Smash Apprentice
:laugh: I think that nimbus is actually just a photoshop, but the falco is sweet regardless! deku you should so do captain piccolo
[collapse=]

[/collapse]

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
hey...
off topic...

I'm trying to get melee to work in gecko like brawl does...
but I'm having a few probs...

has anyone already gotten this to work before me??
and if so, how??

if not then nvm...

Gardevior

Smash Lord
hey...
off topic...

I'm trying to get melee to work in gecko like brawl does...
but I'm having a few probs...

has anyone already gotten this to work before me??
and if so, how??

if not then nvm...
Gecko won't boot burned discs without super-extensive cIOS hacking, so that's probably your problem. You need to launch the game through GC Boot or Neogamma (I believe also works?).

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
burned disks... WTFr...

I've read somewhere there's a way to do it from the original game...
with files on your SD...
but they didn't give instr on how, or a link...

that's what I was asking for :/

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
:laugh: I think that nimbus is actually just a photoshop, but the falco is sweet regardless! deku you should so do captain piccolo
The cloud just automatically has that cruddy look even in the actual game there is an outline of blue lol.

this is yoshi's story with only the cloud hack. i really hope i can make the rest of the stage into namek soon

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PZ02UH...out how to make .tcs files thanks a lot guys

Gardevior

Smash Lord
burned disks... WTFr...

I've read somewhere there's a way to do it from the original game...
with files on your SD...
but they didn't give instr on how, or a link...

that's what I was asking for :/
You pretty much HAVE to burn a disc. There's only one way on the wii to use a gamecube iso file in raw form, and it's called WODE and you have to buy it over the Internet and then open up your wii to hook it up.

Someone DID come out with an sd compatible reader for gc games, but refused to release a source code because no one provided him with donations and haven't heard from him in a month or two.

At this time and in the foreseeable future, you must burn a DVD-R to play with hacks.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
alright... you know what...
I lied about alot....
I'm just trying to gain info...

I DL'd GC-Gecko or whatever it's called...
and there was alot of instructions...
but they were really just jibberish
it at least loads melee as gecko would...

but I just don't know if I have it set right or what not...

I'd tell you what I had if I looked...
but I'm here on the wii...
(wii-net)
eh...heh... :p

but yea...
can you help at all??

I had to patch the Wii to make it work btw...

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I looked now...

Gecko OS mod
IDK if there's a later version or what not...
I think mine's 0.91

but yea...
Ima look into this a little more...

maybe I'll find some decent info for once...

but yea...

IDK if you have to put the iso on the SD
or the individual files...

but it does work...

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
KK

same crap...
not very good descriptions and such DX

but at least I know now that it's
SD:/codes/GALP01.gct or *looks at disk*
I think I found my prob...
I have GALE :p

I'll get back to you... :p
(seeing if just codes work)

smakis

Smash Ace
Tcll are you confusing melee with brawl now? When melee loads melee the sd reader (and all other wii specific things like usbports) turns off, which means the wii can't load any files from the sd card

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Video-to-JPG-Converter.htm

excellent program for jpg extraction btw, fast and easy to use, you can extract one frame every second, every 10th frame or every frame <3

also sleepy did you know anything about my mth over htp problem?

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
@smakis: GOSmod works with both GC and Wii...
_____

well...

I got it to find the codes...
and it says 'Applying'

but when it loads, nothing works...

IDK if it's because I got the codes from Dolphin or what...
but nothing happens...

I've got 3 codes on GALE01.gct
unrestricted pause camera
P1 - one-half size
infinite time

none of them work, even though they've loaded...
what am I doing wrong?? :/

EDIT:
also...
we need a file replacment code...
I'll ask Phantom Wings to see if he can't mod his to work with melee...

EDIT2:
well I found an answer to one of my Q's...

the codes need to be converted from GC-AR to WiiRD before the'll work...

but that may not be the case in v0.92
I'll DL that and try it...

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I give up for now... -_-

I've been testing for about 2 hrs now...
and even melee'd with a cpu for a while...

it says applying but still nothing happens

unless...
I've got 1 last thing...

I tried the GCN AR to WiiRD converter...
all it did was change the '08000000' to '00000000'

tthat didn't work...

but there's one more thing...
(the checkbox)

I'll try that, see what happens, and report back...

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
a vote for shieccolo

the tress in yoshi's story are very cumbersome..

Namek under construction

rofl Nappa heads

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
1) smakis, throw me your mth so i can take a look at it.
2) Tcll, please don't use ellipses to elongate your sentences. end them with a period. it's one fewer input and it makes you not sound like an old man (no offense to the elderly)
tcll, you are either
1) trying to load melee via sd, which is not possible
2) trying to load GC-AR via gecko, which is possible, then running melee

if you want to run GC AR with gecko and such you can ask FrozenHobo about it, as he has it working. i'm not too knowledgeable about this.

phantom wings probably wouldn't be able to easily switch his code over to melee, but if yo ucould get him interested in melee hacking that would be great.

Steelia

Smash Champion
..........Wait a minute.

Matoooya.

... O:

OMG
Wasn't expecting that. Sweet stuff, matoooya, still have no idea how all that stuff works. XD
I think nube's also been working around in that particular department. Wow. This started picking back up again pretty quick, heheh, good stuff.

'ey there GodFed, been a second. o_0

And LOL, Namek, TheDekuNut. Wonder how that'll turn out.

smakis

Smash Ace
will upload it when I get home, don't get confused when you just see the same screen, I made a video showing the same picture. But you can probably just test it with your opening video, since I got the same error. IIRC it also happened when replacing the htp movie with the original opening, maybe it's just not possible =/

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
2) Tcll, please don't use ellipses to elongate your sentences. end them with a period. it's one fewer input and it makes you not sound like an old man (no offense to the elderly)
tcll, you are either
1) trying to load melee via sd, which is not possible
2) trying to load GC-AR via gecko, which is possible, then running melee

if you want to run GC AR with gecko and such you can ask FrozenHobo about it, as he has it working. i'm not too knowledgeable about this.

phantom wings probably wouldn't be able to easily switch his code over to melee, but if yo ucould get him interested in melee hacking that would be great.
have you even looked at Gecko OS mod
that's exactly what it's supposed to do

and sry for the ellipses :(
just a habit

smakis

Smash Ace
hum, it seem's that htp is not only a video, the text, arrows on stuff on screen isnt part of the movie (it doesn't show up when I play the original how to play video in mth_play)

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i could really use some help figuring out how to make .tcs files i downloaded the one here http://meleeconverter.bravehost.com/downloads.htm

and its confusing as hell probably since i have no command prompt knowledge

EDIT: ok i thought that i might have done it right, it spat out a .tcs but when i changed the texture and applied the tpl to the dat and put the dat onto the iso i think something got messed up along the way. every time i try to use that character (fox) the dolphin just freezes and won't load the fight

EDIT2: I tried it with link and i was successful i can make .tcs files now. Maybe its a fox thing since i had to use the FxNr dat+ tga +placements inorder to replace the PlFxLA.dat can someone help with characters that use the same placements. i'll be tinkering with it until then

SleepyK

hum, it seem's that htp is not only a video, the text, arrows on stuff on screen isnt part of the movie (it doesn't show up when I play the original how to play video in mth_play)
yes, they are all textures. i mentioned this in my video tutorials, but it was brief.

smakis

Smash Ace
still doesn't explain why the movie wont load though =/

and if somehow there is a way for the movie to start, can those textures be made transparent?

SleepyK

I haven't had the chance to take a look at your video yet (doing a lot of uploads and whatnot).
The textures can be changed, i'm pretty sure. i just don't know where they are.

Steelia

Smash Champion
EDIT: ok i thought that i might have done it right, it spat out a .tcs but when i changed the texture and applied the tpl to the dat and put the dat onto the iso i think something got messed up along the way. every time i try to use that character (fox) the dolphin just freezes and won't load the fight
Which character/stage/thing were you trying to edit? If it's something that hasn't been packaged on Page 4 yet (like Red Sheik), note that you can't use the same texture placements for each costume -- nearly every character has different placements for their stuff.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i was trying to change the textures for the blue fox so i used the neutral fox placements tcs dat and tga files so i changed his 01vest as a test made a tpl and applied it to the PLfxNr.dat i renamed it PlFxLa.dat and used the gc-tool on it and the iso

side note

now i'm trying to do black link and when i try to make a few of the tpl files, 03.tpl for example ,it says they have no palette. i;ve read a few questions on palettes before so i'm searching the thread for answers

thanks for the help

Steelia

Smash Champion
PLfxNr.dat i renamed it PlFxLa.dat
That's the problem right there. You cannot rename .DAT files to other .DAT files; for some reason, it just doesn't work that way. If you want to create a texture on a particular color, you MUST choose your color first -- so, in other words, you need to rehex everything you put into that PlFxNr.dat into an actual PlFxLa.dat. Very inconvenient, but until there's some other method made, it's the only thing we can do. >:

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
sorry but i what do i do precisely. i thought i might just copy all the hex data from Nr paste it on a new page and save that one as PlFxLa.dat and go from there but to no avail it still froze. please excuse my newbieness sometimes it seems the extent of my computer knowledge ends at the copy and paste function

edit:
oh all i needed to do was extract the dat using the GC tool but i still can't make tpls for because of the pallete thing. i should stop asking questions that i eventually figure out myself : P

nuro

Smash Lord
Devil May Cry Sheik should be fixed. It was a weird error that didn't appear on Dolphin but would freeze the Wii if it was burnt and played on a DVD.

Can someone test this to make sure it works? I'm not in a situation where I can burn the game and play it on a Wii.

To make sure that the game works replace my DMC Sheik with the default PlSkRe.dat sheik.

I will be rereleasing the ISO with the fix soon as soon as it uploads but i'm not 100% sure it works. I really would like it if you guys could test my new dmc sheik on a wii.

If anyone is interested Red Sheik's palette offset is around 34670 I believe 20 off from PlSkGr.dat's pallete offset.

Link to the fix. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11370854#post11370854

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
@deku edit the .tga or normal color but the information of the .tpl paste in plfxla.dat(extract of iso) no rename other color, the offsets of textures in fox are equal in all colors

SleepyK

you can use the same hex placements for some of the characters (such as fox)
but you can't copy the entire hex code without inherently changing the specifics of each character color.
which tends not to work, i believe.

Top Bottom