• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

andgamer12

Smash Cadet
Wow guys those Vertex hacks are really good :]
ohh and yea dios mios is out, but kinda laggy if only it wasnt, it would be a big jump(for the ones who cant get dolphin working), since we wouldnt have to burn DVD's each time, to check out the textures/audio/vertex

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Wow guys those Vertex hacks are really good :]
ohh and yea dios mios is out, but kinda laggy if only it wasnt, it would be a big jump(for the ones who cant get dolphin working), since we wouldnt have to burn DVD's each time, to check out the textures/audio/vertex
I did talk about 'Gecko OS MOD' earlier in this thread...

I just need some working cheats, and a file replacment code :/

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
gecko os mod is only for retail discs atm.
i guess if a file replacement code could be made, it would work with retail ssbm, unfortunately.

- Wiird for backup discs(for backups not possible, because the code that actually reads from DVD-R uses the memory that's required for Ocarina/Wiird)

soooo it'd be retail ssbm only. i guess that's ok.

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
tcll, you can put a guide "how edit vertex" with images?

i'm from spain and no understand nothing of how edit vertex D:

revel8n

Smash Cadet
i see. so in the end, it would be tedious, as most melee hacks are. Buuuut that means my ssm theory is probably right too, just gotta find that allocation table.

we need some programmers to make us some nice GUIs for our hacking processes ;-;
Tcll, Milun, crazy stuff.
We should make a new thread, "Calling everyone with programming skills"

Revel weren't you working on a data viewer? Is that complete?
i plan on looking into more of the various formats as well as creating tools to more easily modify the data. From a programming standpoint a lot of the tedious bits can be handled a far bit easier. As seen from the viewer i have been working on so far, once you know where the attribute data is for textures, the offset, width, height, and format information for them can be found quite easily. The same is true for vertex data. The main issues at the moment is determining the remaining data that is still unknown, yet can still have a big effect on how things are interpreted. The main thing i have been working on dat file wise is with mapping out the property and attribute data that is not directly geometry related. Things like the hitbox and collision data, lighting and other aspects people have been looking into (still can't get in contact with Magus420, heh). The more information i can gather in this regard, the more information i can rule out and further map the entire format (hopefully). As there are still a number of mesh and texture flags and values i still have not found that affect my ability to properly texture some meshes correctly.

As far as ssm goes, i have not looked into it much, but it does not appear to follow the same format as dat files. From the limited information i have found it does not appear the ssm file header is completely known, is this still the case? Once the correct information in the header is known as far as how the size/offset of the data is determined, i don't see why there would be issue with being able to increase the file size. What issues are there currently with this? i'll see if i can make time to look into this.

Either way, hopefully i can get things setup on my end to better test changes to the data i have mapped in order to determine what they are and how they otherwise affect things in game.

Unfortunately i work on a number of game formats at a time, so my time gets divided even more than it already is. Will have to see how things go.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850

ILM

Smash Journeyman
RuKeN, can you put your Sephiroth texture on black Marth? Thanks!

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
i put in all my textures a folder with Source(contains Textures(.tga), tcs's and tpl's) you can put manually the texture, i no put in black, for the kira texture, but i thing put in black costume before i happen one texture for white xD

too i like kira texture :p

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
TCll Ruken has a tough time understanding words because English is not his language. i have little to know computer knowledge myself and i'm still trying to wrap my head around it all its practically a foreign language to me. I'm still trying to learn how to use blender and such. a more visual guide would be helpful for everyone. I appreciate your research, but that link implies that the reader already knows a bit about vertex hacking. also, do you want me to upload that textured Pikachu of yours even though i can get the tail correct?

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
TCll Ruken has a tough time understanding words because English is not his language. i have little to know computer knowledge myself and i'm still trying to wrap my head around it all its practically a foreign language to me. I'm still trying to learn how to use blender and such. a more visual guide would be helpful for everyone. I appreciate your research, but that link implies that the reader already knows a bit about vertex hacking. also, do you want me to upload that textured Pikachu of yours even though i can get the tail correct?

ah...
KK...

give me a moment to find my mic and wut nawt :p
I'll make a vid...

and yea :)
I saw the recent image...
looks very good :D

but umm...
one last thing :/
granted the ears are a pain...
but um...

you've got the ear tips looking like this:
Code:
   /\
  /  \
 /\/\/\
/      \
by chance, can you flip what you did to make them look like this:
Code:
   /\
  /  \
 //\/\\ 
/      \
if not, then yea...
go ahead and UL :)

thanx alot :D

Rykard

Smash Ace
so i thinka while back a saw a post that showed something where they changed the graphics of melee to a more cell shaded look. has that project every had any success or what it just forgotten about? it looked really awesome

nube

Smash Apprentice
tcll post

"they control where the texture is positioned"

Does that mean we can move textures around in different menus, such the CSS and SSS (Character and Stage Select Screen)?

[collapse=Like in Brawl?]

[/collapse]

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
nube, i want the char renders(with no background) of this select screen for make a new character screen

the problem is, i find indexed, and when i made more small the image... appears desformate :(

Can you say me how to find this renders?

Tcll good vid, i prefer with no audio, but i undertand the speaking english

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Tcll the video helps a bunch, but i can't get your script to work for some reason. it might be something dumb like my version of python. when i go to import SSBM [v] (.dat) it says python script error. i've reinstalled this stuff a number of times but now i'm stuck.

i have python 2.2.3 and keep in mind i'm not very computer savvy so the answer might be right there but i don't know what to do about it.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Thanks Tcll the video helps a bunch, but i can't get your script to work for some reason. it might be something dumb like my version of python. when i go to import SSBM [v] (.dat) it says python script error. i've reinstalled this stuff a number of times but now i'm stuck.

i have python 2.2.3 and keep in mind i'm not very computer savvy so the answer might be right there but i don't know what to do about it.
...Wait a min, says there you have Python 2.6.2. That SHOULD be a working version; if not, you may need to uninstall/reinstall your Python. Try that. 2.6 is the one I have, and it works just fine.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850

...Wait a min, says there you have Python 2.6.2. That SHOULD be a working version; if not, you may need to uninstall/reinstall your Python. Try that. 2.6 is the one I have, and it works just fine.

exactly...
I used 2.5.4 when building the script...
but 2.6.2 when running it

both come with the 'struct' module :/

you may have a corrupted package =_=

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I figured out what I did wrong in the vid btw...
I copied the verts as well as the normals...

the offset is 3170, not what I copied to in the vid... X(

anyways... yea...

if anyone wants the hack, let me know.
here's the image:

nube

Smash Apprentice
Does this vertex/model hacking alter hit/hurtboxes in any way?

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
Does this vertex/model hacking alter hit/hurtboxes in any way?
no ;)
that's physx and logic :)
(PSA in Brawl)

the only data you touch here is the verts

I'll be working my way up to this though :p

EDIT:
I've finally got the file formats showing up from the plugins :D

but this means I can't make the plugins the way I wanted to :/

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
this type of texture affect the histboxes???
this look as model hack...
different model...
same boxes.

the hitboxes are a completely seperate thing,
and they're not even a mesh,
but more like a set of envelopes defined in the logic.

^I would know ^_^
I'm a game developer for fun :3

dexia

Smash Apprentice
different model...
same boxes.

the hitboxes are a completely seperate thing,
and they're not even a mesh,
but more like a set of envelopes defined in the logic.

^I would know ^_^
I'm a game developer for fun :3
exelent :D gracias por las texturas, asi son mas reales or tnx for this textures its more real
:D

hot$

Smash Ace
alright i'm not 100% sure if this post will be in the appropriate spot, but hopefully someone can help me :awesome:

I know nothing about melee hacks, but I emailed Sleepyk, and I have the pre-hacked iso now. But my question/ area of help is. Okay I now have it, how am i able to first look at the hacks. Yes i read the guide, but maybe my dolphin is broken? It says cannot find any ISO's and when I try to open anything, error messages just pop up. From what I understand you can "play the game through that and see what the hacks look like" ok i get that, but yeah my dolphin is possibly broken, or I may be dumb. And I would assume before I burn any disc's, I have to hack my wii then, yes? Just trying to understand everything

thanks to anyone who bothers to read this / help me <3

-hot$

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
alright i'm not 100% sure if this post will be in the appropriate spot, but hopefully someone can help me :awesome:

I know nothing about melee hacks, but I emailed Sleepyk, and I have the pre-hacked iso now. But my question/ area of help is. Okay I now have it, how am i able to first look at the hacks. Yes i read the guide, but maybe my dolphin is broken? It says cannot find any ISO's and when I try to open anything, error messages just pop up. From what I understand you can "play the game through that and see what the hacks look like" ok i get that, but yeah my dolphin is possibly broken, or I may be dumb. And I would assume before I burn any disc's, I have to hack my wii then, yes? Just trying to understand everything

thanks to anyone who bothers to read this / help me <3

-hot$
I think you may just be dumb XD jk jk
^I can't be mean for crap :p

but yea,
in dolphin, set the directory of your file by clicking 'Browse'

but if you want something more "Permenant" then go to 'Settings' and 'Paths'
and set your directory in that :)

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
Dexia habla español? LoL

no sabia que eras de chile

dexia, porque no haces mas hacks?

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
hot$ best guess it that the dolphin is looking for .gcm files and the one you have is .iso. the easiest:you need to make it look for "all files (*.*)" this is right above the open button. you also say you get error messages when you open things this might mean a problem i don't know about

also, how do you isolate certain parts of the character. in blender there always seems to be a mess of stuff like the head jumbled together at the feet. i saw in your video that pikachu was the same. its hard to discern what vertex is what.

and i tried to change my super saiyan Falco and he must have gone ssj15 in the process cause this happened

this is me forward smashing doc. trial and error i guess. its because the export was smaller than what i took out by maybe 10 lines of hex. i just put it in to see atleast something loaded

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
also, how do you isolate certain parts of the character. in blender there always seems to be a mess of stuff like the head jumbled together at the feet. i saw in your video that pikachu was the same. its hard to discern what vertex is what.

and i tried to change my super saiyan Falco and he must have gone ssj15 in the process cause this happened

this is me forward smashing doc. trial and error i guess. its because the export was smaller than what i took out by maybe 10 lines of hex. i just put it in to see atleast something loaded

oh...
I just hid the parts in the vid 'H' (use 'Alt+H' to show)

use a trophie if you want something to go by ;)

but yea...
what falco did you edit, and send me a blend file of your edit
(it'll give me the verts)

^I'll try to edit for you ;)

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
http://imgur.com/K9Foh

Halp. I dont know what I'm doing wrong... Also, when I drag and drop my .tcs onto the TexCov.exe, it doesn't work either. The .bat won't work either because all of the included .tcs files are for Steelia's computer directories.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
To make a .tpl with your .tcs you just need to enter :

chest.tcs
y
chest.tpl
y

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
And if I were you, I'll name my files with the number ("01.tcs" and "01.tpl") instead of the complete name ("chest.tpl" and "chest.tcs")

Also, I just noticed that your TexConv.exe and your .tcs are in the "01Chest" folder. Put them in the PeNr folder.
You must have something like that :
http://membres.multimania.fr/gthomassin/HackTuto2.png
http://membres.multimania.fr/gthomassin/HackTuto3.png

(it's for Ganondorf in my exemple)

You can simplify your .tcs too. You don't need the complete directories.

file 0 = 01Chest\txt_1658_9.tga
image 0 = 0, x, CI8
palette 0 = 0, RGB565
texture 0 = 0, 0

But I think it's not very important.

EDIT : Your texture is a "_9.tga" file. It must have indexed colours.

(sorry if I'm not very clear, my English is not very good)

Top Bottom