• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
does anyone know what type of dvd's will work?

i have dvd+rw and dvd+r

also sleepy's file extracts as a .gcm file, i read i just rename it as a .iso file but that seems too easy... could i be messing up here?

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
this is why we need a compatible FRC for melee :/

I mean comon...
I can't be the only one working on everything...

I'd like to pass this project on to someone who's willing to do it...
I've got quite enough on my plate... -_-*
anyone >_> <_<

if someone does start,
I'll prbly join in later on once I've got a little free space :/

PK Webb

Smash Champion

Note: I'm not "holding onto offsets" and not sharing them, the thing is, I don't know where they are. See, I've been changing attack colours in a crude, "mass-production" way, which yields lots of colour changes (as shown in the screenshots), but at the cost of knowing the exact offsets that correspond to an attack.

My old method of focusing on one attack and finding its offsets would simply take too long for the hundreds of attack/effect colours of all the characters.

So what I'll do, hopefully within the next week, is explain how to change and find out attack colours yourself, so that we (whoever wants to) can find out exactly which offset changes the colour of which attack, in every character. If I had to find the exact offset of every attack of every character, it would take me a year.

be patient ppls :)
where is this fox

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
fiz in the OP it says DVD-R is the best
i know but i dont have any dvd-r, only dvd+r and dvd+rw...i looked up the difference between the + and - and there doesnt seem to be much of any...

The .gcm file is a disc image that you can burn; the extension just signifies that it's a GameCube game instead of an ISO9660 filesystem.
ok so the image i burn to the disc doesnt have to be a .iso file? i can just burn the .gcm straight to the disc? would renaming the file .iso from .gcm change anything?

i might just try and pay somebody to make me a disk @.@

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
renaming it .iso would likely change what the program expected the file format to be.

I use ImgBurn (suggested from the guide) and it recognizes the .gcm format

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
I remember when I wanted to hack my wii, I had updated to 4.0, so I took my sisters wii, replaced all the save data, and hacked it. It's been at 3.2 or 3.3 for like 2 years. Some apps don't work on it, and I'm too scared to update IOS'. This was way back in the days of Twilight hack. Good times.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
yeah the yellow brawl fox isnt working for me either...
i already let him know in the other texture thread
when I put this texture

''Golden brawl style fox replaces PlFxNr.dat
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GD6MDLKM''

from the post of warrior king, when I run the game the neutral fox is black and white.... not the golden fox u_u
Lol @ Warrior King.

Dang I hate when megaupload does that mixing links crap, I don't understand why it always does it.
Heres a fresh new link for the Golden style fox. (I gave up on megaupload for this one b/c it kept uploading the same dumb link above. Megaupload better fix that problem).
http://www.2shared.com/file/hlVJuO3e/PlFxNr_yellowbrawlWK.html

Also blue brawl style fox added to this post as an apology for taking so long to respond lol. I made this one a long time before the yellow one so it might not look as good.

Enjoy http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W2TNHLHU

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
hmm...
it may depend on the CD drive with all these different responses :/

CD drives can burn data with different behaviors which may cause probs with certain disk types...

I have an older CD drive that reads better than any newer one... (to point out a fact)

^note: the disk being read from has a crack in it,
but it's read only by that one particular drive (the others stop at the crack)
^(the data is read perfectly by that one)

I'd assume burning would be similar for say:
the same DVD-R disk type and brand used on 2 different CD drives
^both have the same software and format,
but say only one of the 2 works (out of a perfect burn)

n0ne

Smash Ace
Does anyone know where to find the "peaches instead of turnips " texture? i remember i DLed it a long time ago, and put it on my iso, and since i did that it always freezes when someone chooses peach. Does someone know of a same WORKING hack? i cant find it.

Any help is apreciated.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i'm finally hacking my wii but i can't get cIOS to work from the apps package suggested in MuraRengan's post on the first page. i tried every available IOS### from "IOS254" to "IOS4" and it either gives me an error or de-syncs my wiimote. Any help please? i have 4.3u and got my wii a year after launch. maybe i need to just try a different cios app?

EDIT: this is rev 14. perhaps i should just try rev 18 (the newest?). but that won't find the IOS ## appropriate for my wii : /

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I had the same problem...
I got it to work with IOS36 and then select "network installation"

keep in mind that i have 4.2 so it might not work for you

GameWatching

Smash Ace
some information 'bout animation that is (maybe) useful :
-animations are seperated by FF FF FF FF FF ...
-animations can't be replaced by replacing the hex values :c

revel8n

Smash Cadet
animations...

some information 'bout animation that is (maybe) useful :
-animations are seperated by FF FF FF FF FF ...
-animations can't be replaced by replacing the hex values :c
The FF values are simply padding....

i haven't gotten around to it yet, but i do know that animation data offsets and sizes are specified in the main Pl**.dat files, as such any changes to the Pl**Aj.dat files need to be reflected there for the file to load correctly...

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
thanks ShadwPhoenx. i'm not positive but i think that everyone's wii is unique in that the ios slot for me could be different from yours or others'

GameWatching

Smash Ace
The FF values are simply padding....

i haven't gotten around to it yet, but i do know that animation data offsets and sizes are specified in the main Pl**.dat files, as such any changes to the Pl**Aj.dat files need to be reflected there for the file to load correctly...
well o.O

why they are near the animations names then ?

and yeah,
the PL**.dat can switch between the animations,
just like Brawl's FitChar.pac

revel8n

Smash Cadet
The FF values are used to pad the offset of the next file to the next 32-byte boundary. There is an offset and a file size located in the Pl**.dat file. So if you move things around, change the size, etc. and do not modify the main dat file with the new offsets and sizes, things will not be correct.

Looking at that image i can see a number of the data locations have moved from the start of the original 32-byte boundary, and without updating back in the main dat file would fail to load.

The easiest way to possibly modify things without too much trouble is probably to always add things at the end of the file, ensuring to pad to the next offset evenly divisible by 32, then find the animation you want to be different in the main dat file and ensure the new offset and file size are updated.

Since i haven't gotten around to toying with this yet, i am not sure if it does comparison for matching ACTION names yet. If not, then you could simply change the offset and size values for the animation in the main data file without even touching the Aj.dat file if the animation you want to swap is already contained within the file.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
thanks ShadwPhoenx. i'm not positive but i think that everyone's wii is unique in that the ios slot for me could be different from yours or others'
well when it didnt work for me i looked it up on a different forum and they suggested those settings...

it worked for me though

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I think people might like this. These are offsets to floating points that control a move or article. These offsets are for ntsc samus files. I'm pretty sure, though, that the offsets would also be fine on a PAL file.

Samus

Missile
3634 - Traction
3638 - ??
363C - X offset

Bomb
365C - Vertical momentum grounded bomb
3660 - Vertical momentum aerial bomb
3664 - Grounded mobility
3668 - Aerial mobility
366C - ?? (default is 22)
3670 - ?? (default is 22)
3674 - Grounded momentum preservation
3678 - Aerial momentum preservation
367C - X offset
3680 - Y offset
3684 - ?? (default is 0)
3688 - ?? (default is -0.5)
368C - ?? (default is 8)
3690 - Landing detection from bomb jump?
3694 - Something else with landing detection?
3698 - ?? (default is 5)
369C - Landing detection?
36A0 - ?? (default is 5)

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
I think people might like this. These are offsets to floating points that control a move or article. These offsets are for ntsc samus files. I'm pretty sure, though, that the offsets would also be fine on a PAL file.
this is cool how did you deduce all this?

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
I'm currently looking into character colors since Nube went awol a while ago. This is kinda hard and time consuming but I will figure it out. I'm starting out with fox's fire and Marth's blade swing color on dolphin seeing the texture format option. I wish Nube would appear and help us with this. I have no idea how in the world he was able to find the colors' offsets in character files that quickly.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
TheDekuNut, I looked a little bit before the commands in the side special subaction and compared those floats to the ones in brawl. I did them so quickly because I have a USB Gecko. I'm able to edit and see when certain things are read in files, for example. :p

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
XD, that isn't the only thing lol. You could probably do the same thing in dolphin I think.

Edit: Surprisingly, samus' bomb floats in brawl are near identical to melee's. The only difference is the grounded vert momentum. :p

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
I have been modding the audio and I got perfect quality and loops,HOWEVER i CANT fix the one-two second delay in between the end loop and new beginning loop, I have been trying everything and now I am out of ideas

any ideas?

update** i just tested the loop using the test -o test.wav test.hps -l 1 (i hadnt before) and the loop is perfect, but when I run it on dolphin it has that delay still inbetween, it runs really slow but the audio goes at normal speed so i am assuming it will have the delay if i ran it off the wii....

heeeeelp

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
I have been modding the audio and I got perfect quality and loops,HOWEVER i CANT fix the one-two second delay in between the end loop and new beginning loop, I have been trying everything and now I am out of ideas

any ideas?

update** i just tested the loop using the test -o test.wav test.hps -l 1 (i hadnt before) and the loop is perfect, but when I run it on dolphin it has that delay still inbetween, it runs really slow but the audio goes at normal speed so i am assuming it will have the delay if i ran it off the wii....

heeeeelp
You need to ask GodFed to help you. I dont know the full math/hex editing process to fix that.

This was my solution:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcyqEVyPpvc

Listen to the 0:34 Mark.

Now listen to the 1:14 Mark.

Yes, I had to use up the entire original song length, and then had to manually edit a good looping point in the song by either cutting the original by a bit, or figuring out the best way to edit the song to loop and sound unnoticeable.

Only GodFed and those who know what he is talking about can fix your problem. Chain-Ace asked me the same thing.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
tcll you are probably one of the few people who are both skilled and interested enough :(

i wish i could help but most of the developments lately have been beyond me.

Top Bottom