• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Match-Up Chart (NTSC) [Update 008 - 09.09.28]

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i never said it was, dude, calm down

i think falco's shine oos isn't as useful because fox is a faster character; he's got more mixups on shield pressure, and all his moves have less lag to punish. plus fox can shine out of almost every aerial falco does, if they time it wrong it's really easy too. falco's leads to more options but it's harder to land just based off character properties

it's a risk vs reward thing, fox's being "better" is mostly my opinion
falco's is harder to do but has more options out of it
fox's is easy to get but you need to tech chase afterwards
Falco's is "harder" to do?
in what way?

or do you just mean that its slower because his jump is slower by a few frames? how is it any harder mechanically? anyone with decent technical skill can do it 100% of the time :ohwell:

the thing about fox's shine oos from what i've noticed is people pretty much ALWAYS shorthop the shine, which means falco gets knocked down, and the fox has to dj out, and the falco has time to do anything so the situation resets.
guess what im saying is the worse that ever happens directly from a fox shine oos is falco takes a few % damage.

when i start seeing Thunders combo oos from fox's then i'll be more convinced. till then, i see it as fox breaking sheild pressure with it, and falco breaking shiled pressure+leads to ****.

joeplicate

Smash Master
i mean that falco's is harder to use correctly, because fox is all fast and up in your face and stuff. there ends up being less opportunity to do it since a good offensive fox will be taking advantage of his faster pressure game, mixing it up, and not leaving himself open for counterattacks. falco's shield pressure isn't as good, fox can shine out of even an l-cancelled dair on his shield.

eggm is the best at following up shine oos, from what i know
i'm working on it though--even so, it's not that hard to shine out on the ground, or close to the ground, then wavedash/airdodge back towards your opponent. even if you can't thunders out or anything like that, it still puts you in a much better position to follow up and pressure more

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i mean that falco's is harder to use correctly, because fox is all fast and up in your face and stuff. there ends up being less opportunity to do it since a good offensive fox will be taking advantage of his faster pressure game, mixing it up, and not leaving himself open for counterattacks. falco's shield pressure isn't as good, fox can shine out of even an l-cancelled dair on his shield.

eggm is the best at following up shine oos, from what i know
i'm working on it though--even so, it's not that hard to shine out on the ground, or close to the ground, then wavedash/airdodge back towards your opponent. even if you can't thunders out or anything like that, it still puts you in a much better position to follow up and pressure more
im pretty sure falco can shine oos vs fox even if he l-cancels his aerials as well.

and if im mistaken about then, then i know for sure he can get it after the first shine.

edit: but i get your point

LuCKy

Smash Master
Yeah try that when m2k goes fox ditto and then lose. In fact try that w/. armada and get ***** mango. Im telling you stick w/. puff and falco. And more times than not m2k will winagainst fox w/. his marth.

P.S. m2k's marth is not the same marth remember that. You're lucky this is not m2k in 08. You're spacies would probably not wim. But hey u always have puff to **** w/. so what does it really matter.
strawhats i hate u lol

ask m2k who won the majority of our fox dittos this past weekend

and i would **** 07 m2k get that out of here not saying his marth wasnt beast back in the day .. but UR JUST SO CONFIDENT it would **** me

always riding the past **** god dammit .... m2k only ***** spacies back in the day

because they couldnt di out of his combo and they made bad descisons .. m2ks marth can

still combo spacies.. i just get out of them .. cause i ****

and tell armada .. 100 dollar mm .. fox vs peach ... *******

I HATE U SMASHBOARD NOOBS

<3 replicate

-mango

edit - im not trying 2 be mean u guys just make me angry

lol

LuCKy

Smash Master
bk <33

and also

I believe fox vs falco is all stage dependent and the way the fox falco plays

like on yoshis i believe falco ***** fox

But like on fd fox ***** falco... but if the falco camps it becomes a little closer

etc etc

overall its pretty even i mean falco can **** fox with a shine ... zero 2 death here and there

but i mean when a fox gets past those lasers and gets into falcos face .. falco cant do ne thing

he can hope 2 get a shine out of shield but that **** is 2 hard and i havent seen ne falcos do it

consistently ..

50 50 nigggggggggggggggggggggggggggas

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
bk <33

and also

I believe fox vs falco is all stage dependent and the way the fox falco plays

like on yoshis i believe falco ***** fox

But like on fd fox ***** falco... but if the falco camps it becomes a little closer

etc etc

overall its pretty even i mean falco can **** fox with a shine ... zero 2 death here and there

but i mean when a fox gets past those lasers and gets into falcos face .. falco cant do ne thing

he can hope 2 get a shine out of shield but that **** is 2 hard and i havent seen ne falcos do it

consistently ..

50 50 nigggggggggggggggggggggggggggas
Your Fox on Corneria at the Game Unicon Teams Grand Finals with Darc was lol worthy. I would watch you and Cort compete for under the fin all day. If anyone saw that they would doubt you miss any l-cancels.

LuCKy

Smash Master
omgggg and that was a bad fox day ....

i missed like 2 l-cancels =(

but thannks for ur support lol

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
replicate is right about how falcos shine oos shield, despite leading to more reward, isnt as good as foxes just because it will hardly ever work in that matchup so long as fox l cancels and shines right away

i think that falco should be doing his best to not shield often though, utilizing stuff like lasers, utilts, bairs, and so on to intercept fox rather than shield his moves, because then he will have trouble getting out

so i know people say that fox can shine falco before falco can shine after falco uthrows fox, but i can get it to show up as a combo in training mode, and it leads into a dair into standard shine combos at low %. what exactly is fox supposed to do to avoid this?

im not asking for advice's sake, i'm asking to confirm whether or not this is actually a reliable combo, because if it is then that means falco simply has to grab, which is relatively easy for him, and he has a pretty good place to go from there

MaNg0

Smash Hero
fox can avoid the up throw shine **** if he DIs behind the falco.. or times the jump right

to get out

=D

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
hes still gotta get hit by the lasers though

if you just straight DI behind then the lasers will miss and thats an easy combo

and you cant time the jump right if the combo shows up in training mode

that means you cant do **** assuming you've already missed the DI

i only know for sure it works at low % though

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
why even mention that "falco can 0-death fox from a shine!" when it doesn't really apply to high level play?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
well a good falco will get a fox zero to death ...

abouttt once every 3 matches or so lol

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
kirbykaze, i'm glad that you can actually talk well instead of getting butthurt over little things lol
This is the internet. If people are actually getting angry about arguing videogame theory...

*facepalm*

you said:
with a good shine out of shield game, fox can counteract falco's shield pressure, and once falco gets in close on fox it becomes a matter of falco outsmarting him. since he has a worse shield pressure/up close game, falco has a harder time landing a shine, when fox can shine into tech chase grab a more easily because he has an easier set up. falco's shine oos isn't as useful as fox's. lasers control space/help set up combos, but good foxes won't get phased when they have to be fast between lasers; the matchup gets decided when the characters are in each other's faces, and that's what fox has to execute. realistically there's nothing stopping him from doing that.

tl;dr
fox has more options in the up-close game because he's faster.
I agree that Fox is good once he gets the ball rolling, but disagree that Fox can just Nair Shine / Bair Shine in Falco's face with impunity, because of the aforementioned defensive options. I think what you're missing is that while it's true that Fox has an out to all of Falco's defensive options, he needs to do different things to counter Falco's defenses. For instance

Early aerial < CC Shine
Late aerial > CC Shine
Early aerial > Falco attack
Late aerial < Falco attack

Obviously it works out to be a lot more complicated in practice, but when you force Fox to constantly do late aerials or he can be crouch-Shine ***** or shield-Shine ***** for attacking you, you do, in a way, bolster Falco's move priority. Fox's move hitboxes ARE worse than Falco's. However, you're right that often it doesn't matter because of Fox's superior speed to get his moves out. But what that overlooks is Falco's ability to, purely by threat of his Shine game, force Fox to slow his moves down and make them safe to it. By slowing his moves down, he sacrifices his speed advantage, and there's really no middle ground, aside from using something like Dair, which has its own problems associated with it (SDI, no priority in front, loses to Falco U-tilt from above, etc).

Falco does have a harder time of landing an abstract Shine, perhaps, but considering that Fox's Shine will frequently lead to nothing, Fox is stuck stringing tiny combos. And it's not like Falco doesn't control the game hard when he gets the ball rolling either. Purely because he can pressure from across the stage, I'd gladly argue that he keeps control (when he gets it) much better than Fox.

tl;dr I think Falco is even or wins because he controls better when he gets control, slows Fox's offensive game down by virtue of his defensive game, can remove Fox's tap resets to eliminate Shine --> tap reset --> move combos, and has a very strong combo game himself.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I agree with Mango largely that it is very stage dependent. I think, though, that Falco beats Fox harder on the Falco-favoured stages than Fox does on the Fox-favoured stages, which makes the matchup his favour, basically.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
but imo
there more fox-favored stages
like floats, cruise, corneria, etc. any stage where falco's laser control is weakened
that's just imo tho

kirbykaze why don't you ask pkm about what he thinks of DK's matchups?

unknown522

Some guy
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Duddddeeee my fox can beat m2ks marth

and beat his marth twice on fd twice in like 10 mins haha

ANDDDD i 3-0 jman in a 4 dollar mm fox dittto (all of this is when my fox has warmed up)

I dont use fox 2 do u all a favor..

U n1ggas couldnt handle the blue fox *stretch*

***** SAID MY FOX ISNT AMAZING

adjahdahdadadjadjadj

Im winning pound 4 with fox

-mango
cool. Do it up.

omg ur dumb

kirbykaze, i'm glad that you can actually talk well instead of getting butthurt over little things lol
contradiction ftl.

fox can avoid the up throw shine **** if he DIs behind the falco.. or times the jump right

to get out

=D
correct.

well a good falco will get a fox zero to death ...

abouttt once every 3 matches or so lol
yeah, I guess I'm just thinking too advanced for matchups. It's still humanly possible do do good combos majority of the time.

but imo
there more fox-favored stages
like floats, cruise, corneria, etc. any stage where falco's laser control is weakened
that's just imo tho

kirbykaze why don't you ask pkm about what he thinks of DK's matchups?
We have. Many times.

I have MSN convos saved at home about matchups. I talk to kage, PKM, Bam, Vwins on MSN and M2K and Cactus on AIM.

<3 replicate

-mango

lol
Aww, but you said that I was good at ROM.

Got my hopes up and stuff. =P

Life After Death

Smash Champion
fox vs falco is def madd even lol. at most is is 51-49 on fox's favor. but thats just me. shiz would post the same thing. fox kills faster than falco kills him

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
strawhats i hate u lol
ask m2k who won the majority of our fox dittos this past weekend
and i would **** 07 m2k get that out of here not saying his marth wasnt beast back in the day .. but UR JUST SO CONFIDENT it would **** me
always riding the past **** god dammit .... m2k only ***** spacies back in the day
because they couldnt di out of his combo and they made bad descisons .. m2ks marth can
still combo spacies.. i just get out of them .. cause i ****
and tell armada .. 100 dollar mm .. fox vs peach ... *******
<3 replicate
-mango
lol
<3 M2k, but yeah - people saying his marth isn't on par with what it was in 07/early 08 are dumb. Have you seen the recent tourny silentwolf vs m2k? He ***** his spacies with marth, fox and falco. Just like 07/08. Have you seen the MI GYGO tourny videos from a week ago that everyone loved where he ***** on good kids? But everyone is worse than him, they aren't no mango, armada, or PC.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
fox vs falco is def madd even lol. at most is is 51-49 on fox's favor. but thats just me. shiz would post the same thing. fox kills faster than falco kills him
very true

k so I also promised reasons why Fox vs Falco is even

Falco's upthrow doesn't work against Fox. Fox can jump out or DI and Falco shouldn't be able to land a shine or anything. Maybe Falco can land a bair at lower percents, but it won't kill or shouldn't lead into anything. Downthrow is still a dice throw (like with Fox) so it's not like it even matters, and bthrow to bthrow only works if they don't DI and at lower percents. Fthrow > tech chase isn't nearly as useful as Fox's tech chases because Falco just doesn't have the speed to chase. IIRC somewhere in the Fox advice thread or some other thread, somebody posted frame data that Fox can even always triumph Falco if he gets (I believe) downthrowed. Basically, Falco doesn't have nearly the same grab game as Fox has.

Now Fox. Dear me. As Zhu once put it, once Fox gets the grab on you, he has a lot of options and if you happen to miss the tech somewhere, you feel stuck and Fox can easily get a good 50 % off you before you can do anything. At lower percents, Fox has a cg on Falco that lasts until...56 %? I think around 70 % if they still DI the throw. Fox can also upthrow to jab to mess up a Falco's timing, or they can do the gay upthrow to upsmash, which can lead into another upsmash if they don't DI. Fox can also uptilt when Falco isn't expecting, and if they DI, then Fox has enough time to tech chase. Fox easily tech chases Falco with his speed, and if you miss the tech it's just downhill. Upthrow to a platform ruins Falco as well, Fox can either Forward Throw chase (waveland > grab), Fox can do a full hop dair to reset Falco's rolling time, and if they haven't landed on the platform yet, Fox can uair Falco. Even without platform, Fox's uair will work at really high percents, which is a guaranteed kill if they don't DI, and if they do DI, Fox can just bair instead.

Fox also seems to return to the stage easier than Falco, assuming the Fox player isn't bad and knows how to tech. Falco does edgeguard Fox well, but Fox can do better. Fox can run off the stage and double jump > nair to prevent Falco from side B'ing, and then Falco shouldn't be able to recover at mid percents. Let's not forget that Falco is the easiest char to gimp with Fox out of an up B because Falco's up B not only has lag, and not only is it short, but the startup frames have no "fire" to attack (unlike Fox's), which makes shining easier as the Fox player doesn't have to be as precise.

Let's also not forget that Fox can DI out of Falco's combos. A good Fox shouldn't get 0-to-death'd often by a Falco if they know how to DI. Shine combos don't work well if the Fox DIs the shine. Falco pressuring Fox's shield doesn't work as well because Fox can just shine OOS, which ruins Falco's pressure. As somebody else already put it, Fox can mix up more options on shield pressuring vs Falco, and he also doesn't get punished as much because there's less lag. Don't get me wrong, Falco shield pressuring is still ****, but Fox has a way easier time breaking the pressure than Falco does. Shine > tech chase works well.

I'm just gonna post something joeplicate said if you guys haven't seen it yet, just so I don't repeat myself over and over again:

"I think it's in fox's favor (slightly) because he can nair shine nair shine in falco's face without any realistic answer. cc is unreliable, and mixing up shield pressure with fox leaves falco with no options up close. although fox's combos aren't guaranteed (what is), he can get big damage off a grab, gimp falcos up b at any time, and bair or downsmash just about every situation he would illusion in.

with a good shine out of shield game, fox can counteract falco's shield pressure, and once falco gets in close on fox it becomes a matter of falco outsmarting him. since he has a worse shield pressure/up close game, falco has a harder time landing a shine, when fox can shine into tech chase grab a more easily because he has an easier set up. falco's shine oos isn't as useful as fox's. lasers control space/help set up combos, but good foxes won't get phased when they have to be fast between lasers; the matchup gets decided when the characters are in each other's faces, and that's what fox has to execute. realistically there's nothing stopping him from doing that.

tl;dr
fox has more options in the up-close game because he's faster."

And lastly, I think Fox definitely has the advantage on stages. Yoshi's Story is better for Fox without a question because Falco can't laser spam as much and Fox can get ridiculously easy vertical KOs on Falco, whereas a Fox that actually DIs Falco's shine shouldn't get killed off the ceiling (at least not as much). Pokemon Stadium is also in Fox's favor, the walls **** Falco so hard especially since he can't laser camp during them. Dream Land idk, I think it might be slightly even. Fox obviously can't get a low % uair or upsmash off Falco because of the high ceiling, but at the same time, it's harder for Falco to laser camp, easier for Fox to cg as opposed to other stages, still able to gimp Falco with a shine, and if you DI Falco's bair or fsmash, then you can also live to high percents. FoD, I have no clue honestly; technically the ceiling is higher, though Fox can use the platforms to his advantage here. I find it harder for Falco because laser camping is harder (especially on the left side) and sweetspotting on that stage is a mess. Maybe it's in Falco's favor though. FD and Battlefield are kind of dependent on the player. Most people say that FD is in favor for Fox and Battlefield is in favor for Falco because a) Fox's cg and combos on Falco are ridiculous on FD without platforms and b) if Fox DI's the shine, Falco can't combo as much and since there are no platforms that catch Fox from a uair or upsmash or anything, Fox can just jump out of the hitstun before Falco's lag is over and ruin Falco following up on a potential combo. Poke Floats is in Fox's favor, Falco can't laser spam as easily, same with Rainbow Cruise (especially with the stage walls / ceilings). Green Greens is also in Fox's favor mostly for the same reasons that Yoshi's Story does. Corneria is good for both chars but definitely better for Fox because of cg, upthrow combos, ability to stay alive horizontally (widest counterpick stage), low ground to ceiling blastzones near fin, and harder for Falco to laser camp in most places there. Brinstar, I honestly don't have much experience with so I can't say much, except that I find it really awkward for Falco to laser on that map. Mute City is probably even for both and I think the only other stages Falco has an advantage on is Jungle Japes and Kongo Jungle 64 (though I've had people argue that a campy Fox can beat Falco on KJ64).

I'm tired and I might've posted something stupid or wrong, whatever. Get at me. I'm just trying to provide input on the matchup. I'm just gonna say that a lot of people think that the matchup is even, and I've heard plenty of people say they think it's 55-45 for Fox. IIRC Shiz, Jman, Mango, and Zhu all think the matchup is even, so you might want to take their opinions into consideration as well. I would say the matchup is no more or less than 55-45 for each character, but I would say it's 50-50. Fox just has so many good tools to use against Falco, and once Fox learns to avoid some of Falco's bread and butter tricks (like escaping Falco's shield pressure, avoiding / tolerating Falco's lasers, DI'ing out of Falco's combos), it's easy for Fox to get either a gimp or kill against Falco.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I think Falco's laser is pretty important in the matchup, mostly because it halts Fox's dashdance and his nair approach. But at the same time, I think people overrate the laser a lot. Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's just my opponents that I face, but I find that once you get used to either tolerating the laser, avoiding it, or finding ways to punish somebody who spams it too much, it becomes more or less in Fox's favor for at least a portion of the match. Most people forget that Fox navigates quite well around platforms, and if you know how to do so then you can find a way into Falco, and I find that once either character finds a way into the other in this matchup, it either turns into a) shield pressure or b) combo. The thing is, lasers aren't really so much to rack up %, but more or less to put your opponent into a certain position that favors you, but Fox is undoubtedly one of the faster characters in the game, and he certainly has capabilities to avoid the lasers.. I think maybe Fox has to try and play more aggressive in this matchup; if you approach him (or not necessarily approach, but at least a fakeout approach to mindgame your opponent into thinking that you are), then Falco usually tries to either back away so he can continue lasering (which puts Fox in a better position), or he'll start trying to aerial or aerial > shine or shine > aerial (whichever one). If you play campy, I think Fox doesn't do too well unless you are able to navigate well to avoid the lasers, but it's not like it matters because if you camp, you're not going to be doing anything back to Falco and you'll just be a sitting duck.

Basically, in short, I think a good Fox that has knowledge and experience in this matchup (which are both assumed in this matchup chart) should be able to avoid and / or switch their playing style slightly in order to adapt better in this matchup. I just think Fox has a lot of better options than Falco; once they get into each other, Fox has more mixups with both attacks like aerials and shines AND grabs, whereas Falco is weaker defensively and doesn't have a grab game, leaving him to just being able to use aerials / his shine.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
alright i posted this earlier and discussed it with mango a little bit but afterdawn disagrees

i can consistently get uthrow to shine to show up as a combo in training mode at low %'s, then go into standard falco combos from there. and i dont know if its guaranteed for sure i guess, but i uthrow nair/bair everyone all the time and people do it to me at higher %

i know this is without DI, but consider how often people dont DI fox's uthrow, and how fast falco would be able to go from shield pressuring via lasers or w/e into an uthrow. even if they are ready and DI ahead of time, the lasers will miss and then the combo is even easier

falcos throws are underrated i think, especially when you consider how easy his grabs are to get in comparison to most characters'

Divinokage

Smash Legend
alright i posted this earlier and discussed it with mango a little bit but afterdawn disagrees

i can consistently get uthrow to shine to show up as a combo in training mode at low %'s, then go into standard falco combos from there. and i dont know if its guaranteed for sure i guess, but i uthrow nair/bair everyone all the time and people do it to me at higher %

i know this is without DI, but consider how often people dont DI fox's uthrow, and how fast falco would be able to go from shield pressuring via lasers or w/e into an uthrow. even if they are ready and DI ahead of time, the lasers will miss and then the combo is even easier

falcos throws are underrated i think, especially when you consider how easy his grabs are to get in comparison to most characters'
Falco's grabs are alright at best, it's kinda hard to do a combo after any of his throws, I think the best you can do is Uthrow to Bair. His other grabs simply puts the opponent away from him so he can continue to Laser or throw off the edge. A good grab for me is the ability to combo well after a throw like Falcon for example or maybe Ganon. Fox's throw is godlike lol.

raychun1

Smash Apprentice
well, i think big d is talking about how easy it is to get grabs with falco, as opposed to combos.

short story, it's really easy to get grabs with falco. laser laser grab is cake. the long story, what do you do with 'em? iunno. throw them off the edge is probably all you got

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Falco's grabs are alright at best, it's kinda hard to do a combo after any of his throws, I think the best you can do is Uthrow to Bair. His other grabs simply puts the opponent away from him so he can continue to Laser or throw off the edge. A good grab for me is the ability to combo well after a throw like Falcon for example or maybe Ganon. Fox's throw is godlike lol.
Yeah, pretty much this. I don't think Falco's fthrow is too good, tbh...tech chasing Fox with Falco really doesn't work as well as Fox tech chasing Falco, because Falco is just too slow. Most of the time, if your opponent isn't expecting you to roll away and you do, the most Falco can do is start lasering again, hence not getting anything out of it.

I think Falco's upthrow is probably the best thing against Fox, but the problem with it as Kage said is that it doesn't combo. Upthrow to bair works, but I think at higher percentages it shouldn't connect (at least if they DI), and getting a bair off at low percents won't do anything, whereas Fox's upthrow can safely combo at mid to lower percents with many different options, and he can easily get a kill with it at higher percents as well. Fox has, without a doubt, a better grab game though.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
a lot of tricky falcos will mix up their uthrow follow ups and do some silly things if you aren't prepared. you can bait the jump with an empty jump from a dash. at lower percents you can uthrow onto platforms without them falling leaving their only option to shield the coming attack, which leads to normal falco shield and platform control.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
a lot of tricky falcos will mix up their uthrow follow ups and do some silly things if you aren't prepared. you can bait the jump with an empty jump from a dash. at lower percents you can uthrow onto platforms without them falling leaving their only option to shield the coming attack, which leads to normal falco shield and platform control.
And what do you plan to do with an empty jump? They'll just jump away again. That's fairly useless. And platform control I think is more or less a preference kind of thing depending on the player. I've seen Chops cp FD against Jman's Fox and win. Some Falco players think that FD is good for Falco because it "keeps his combos going for longer", whereas some players believe that Fox just ***** Falco there with his cg and all his vertical options.

i think they are more or less saying fox compared to falco and we can all agree fox def has a better grab game then falco

especially against spacies
yeah, that's basically what I'm saying.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
And what do you plan to do with an empty jump? They'll just jump away again. That's fairly useless. And platform control I think is more or less a preference kind of thing depending on the player. I've seen Chops cp FD against Jman's Fox and win. Some Falco players think that FD is good for Falco because it "keeps his combos going for longer", whereas some players believe that Fox just ***** Falco there with his cg and all his vertical options.
you empty jump and now you have advantage because they have no jump in the air and you're on the ground with no lag (and possibly a platform over your head).

falco should win on FD just because of lasers, and IMO falco combos a little better just because you'll get more shines than fox will get grabs.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I hate the way these arguments basically turn into:

"a good [enter character] shouldnt get caught by [enter good combo/strategy] done by [enter opponent] because he should be doing [enter viable counter strategy]"

its like no one ever takes into consideration that the opponent is also good and can correct for these things.

like " a good fox wont get shined combo cuz of teh DI!!!!"
:dizzy:

Top Bottom