• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee SFX Update (05/07/17): Brawl Link? Melee Link?!! Alt Link Modz!

What should I do with Melee Announcer voice?

• Replace only the clips that play during matches

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Replace only the characters' Announcer clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Replace everything that is able to be replaced

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Make all of these ^ options available

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Dun kurr (Don't care lol)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
talk about timing, Brawl Vault is infected by now, what will you do now @ Amazerommu Amazerommu ?
at least you have more time to do stuff while waiting until the page is clear
I'll just wait until it's back up to upload it then I guess... It does give me a bit more time to do things though! Wooooooot!

Edit: So far Zelda is literally the hardest character I've done so far... Too much special sounds... And she still won't sound quite right until I'm able to change the hit sfx for all the doodz.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Sheilda's up (late of course... I blame SmashBoards). You maaaaay or may not like her Side B. There's that extra sound effect in there that I can't remove for some reason. I kind of like it though...

Also thanks to @BobbyTheBrokeMonarch. Updated dat Falco for 3.02. So he should be goooood to go. And @Dark_Ness for a few fixes to Giga Bowser.

Edit: Oh yeah forgot to mention that the full packs have not been updated with the fixes for 3.02 or Sheilda yet. Working on that nao.

Last edited:

poklin

Smash Apprentice
there seems to be something wrong with the zelda link. when i go to in the site loads but there is no info or link or anything

edit :nvm working now

poklin

Smash Apprentice
so if i am download the separate links and i want "everything" and everything to work properly what else from the op do i need. im kindda having a brain fart

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
so if i am download the separate links and i want "everything" and everything to work properly what else from the op do i need. im kindda having a brain fart
Lol you can download the full pack, and then download Zelda, Falco and Bowser to have everything.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Is it just me or are some of Zelda's attacks extremely quiet? Her u-smash and d-smash don't even seem to make any noise at all (even when I turn the music way down). It could be that I just don't know Zelda well enough since I've always Sheik'd but it doesn't sound right. As for Zelda's Din's Fire, I like the sound well enough but is there anyway to also get the voice clip in? The PMBR made Ness only say PK Fire sometimes on his side B, would something like that be possible (or even wanted by Zelda mains) for Zelda?

But great job, man. Your work makes PM just that much more like Melee.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Is it just me or are some of Zelda's attacks extremely quiet? Her u-smash and d-smash don't even seem to make any noise at all (even when I turn the music way down). It could be that I just don't know Zelda well enough since I've always Sheik'd but it doesn't sound right. As for Zelda's Din's Fire, I like the sound well enough but is there anyway to also get the voice clip in? The PMBR made Ness only say PK Fire sometimes on his side B, would something like that be possible (or even wanted by Zelda mains) for Zelda?

But great job, man. Your work makes PM just that much more like Melee.
Zelda makes her U-Smash sound only when she's charging, so that's the only bit you'll hear. As far as Down Smash... as well as some other things... As I watched the video I noticed that the general sounds were actually pretty low. So I will most likely end up boosting them after all.

And fun fact, her voice clip for Din's Fire is in the .sawnd file... I just haven't figured out exactly where I'm supposed to put it... part of the whole issue I was having working with her Side B in the first place haha. Kinda similar to the problem I'm having with Bowser's Neutral B... But I will work on figuring that out tonight. Hopefully something good comes of it. I was gonna place it when she actually lays the mines down.

Also thanks! lol

Convour

Smash Rookie
Is the full pack for 3.02? It still says 3.01. Also, does the pack include the melee hit/shield sfx and voice announcers like your other melee sfx pack in the op?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
If only I were a genius and could figure out how to make the KO and/or Chant sounds work independently. PMBR HALP!

Rage83

Smash Ace
Pardon the stupid question, but can we have that version of the Alt Link voice as a....Version 1?

Handy Man

Smash Ace
So this sorta happened today...
This NEEDS to be included with Project M 3.03 or whatever the next version of Project M will be... well done Amazerommu! :happysheep:

Also, this question will have nothing to do with any of your mods, and I apologize in advance for that. However, I've been trying to switch from using Riivolution to the Project M Launcher, and I found out how to export the character SFX into sawnd files. I was able to export everything I currently have except for the general SFX (Group ID 7), which makes a lot of glitched up sounds for some reason. I also noticed that it's ishown in red in Super Sawndz when the other files aren't, which I'm assuming is why it's buggy when I make a sawnd of it. Do you know of any way I can reliably make a sawnd file for Group ID 7 without it glitching up?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Pardon the stupid question, but can we have that version of the Alt Link voice as a....Version 1?
Sure! Once I fix a few things (like how TP Link has a sound effect for his Double Jump when he normally doesn't) then I'll upload it to BV and post it here.

This NEEDS to be included with Project M 3.03 or whatever the next version of Project M will be... well done Amazerommu! :happysheep:

Also, this question will have nothing to do with any of your mods, and I apologize in advance for that. However, I've been trying to switch from using Riivolution to the Project M Launcher, and I found out how to export the character SFX into sawnd files. I was able to export everything I currently have except for the general SFX (Group ID 7), which makes a lot of glitched up sounds for some reason. I also noticed that it's ishown in red in Super Sawndz when the other files aren't, which I'm assuming is why it's buggy when I make a sawnd of it. Do you know of any way I can reliably make a sawnd file for Group ID 7 without it glitching up?
Haha thanks!.

Umm you're exporting them with Super Sawndz yes? It should work out just fine. And I think Group ID 7 is pretty much always red. Even in the vanilla smashbros_sound.brsar, it's red. Sometimes when you export things as .sawnd files though, it glitches and doubles the size of it... or perhaps does other things that I am also unaware of... It could be that it's too big though... or those sounds that aren't playing correctly aren't in a compatible format?

Kati

Smash Lord
Well done Amazerommu!

------

I'm not sure if you are doing requests or anything, but I just realized that jigg's melee voice is awesome.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, which in all honestly, it probably is, but how would this Alt voice be installed? I installed the Melee Link voice (the one that doesn't care about alts) and sometimes, the SFX wouldn't play.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, which in all honestly, it probably is, but how would this Alt voice be installed? I installed the Melee Link voice (the one that doesn't care about alts) and sometimes, the SFX wouldn't play.
Did you install the Melee SFX Pack as well? That's necessary for all the sounds to work properly. In each download... just copy the 'projectm' folder over to the root of your SD card and it'll copy both the necessary .sawnd file and the FitCharacter.pac file as well. You need both for everything to work as it should.

Last edited:

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Bro.... I thought I loved you before, but the twilight/OoT voice hack just made my day. I am so downloading this shiz.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
So what are the limitations to this sorcery you've pulled off on Link? Would it be feasibly to do on Fox/Falco too? Who's next on your to do list? Are Luigi/Ganondorf with Brawl voices a thing anywhere down the line? How annoying are we when we ask so many needy entitled questions? Do you really look like a dude with an IE icon for a head in real life? When's Marvel?

Rage83

Smash Ace
From the words of @ Amazerommu Amazerommu here:
Oh yeah I definitely plan on doing The Puff's voice.
From @Amazerromu on the video:
P.S.: I know you all want this to be 100% complete. Find me a coding genius that can help me to be able to change their die sounds and such. (I'm gonna do this for Fox, Falco, and Ganondorf as well - as Melee Ganon can be added with cBliss and I can make the alt voices work with that)

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Bro.... I thought I loved you before, but the twilight/OoT voice hack just made my day. I am so downloading this shiz.
Haha. Good to hear (read?) I think I'm gonna raise TP Link's voice so his voice is a bit louder to match the OoT voice. Had no idea the Brawl voices were actually so low. Glad you like muh things!
So what are the limitations to this sorcery you've pulled off on Link? Would it be feasibly to do on Fox/Falco too? Who's next on your to do list? Are Luigi/Ganondorf with Brawl voices a thing anywhere down the line? How annoying are we when we ask so many needy entitled questions? Do you really look like a dude with an IE icon for a head in real life? When's Marvel?
LMAO! This made me laugh. To answer a few of your questions, gonna do most Brawl voices with Melee SFX as well. Of course doing Fox, Falco and Ganondorf alt voices. Next on the list is Samus, then whoever got the next highest amount of votes, etc... Probably throw Jiggz and/or GnW in there somewhere. You all do not annoy me with the questions. I actually enjoy them. I do not look like a dood with an IE icon for a head. Colress, however, does. He is currently my favorite out of all characters from any of the Pokemon games. And as for the time of Marvel... That's pretty much any time and all the time everytime if I'm involved... which is pretty much... you know... all the time. Courtesy of the Department of Redundancy Department there.

I see Rage83 cleverly answered the other question(s). Soooooo... That about wraps it up for the Q&A. Lol

Last edited:

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Wait, I'm confused about how to install Link's Melee SFX while keeping his Brawl SFX. I'm having trouble knowing exactly which files go where. There are two .sawnd files in the download (one called 9alt.sawnd, and one 9.sawnd located in the "link" folder). Which one do I use? Same with the FitLink.pac. There's a FitLinkAlt.pac and a regular FitLink.pac in the "link" folder, so which one do I move to my SD card?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Wait, I'm confused about how to install Link's Melee SFX while keeping his Brawl SFX. I'm having trouble knowing exactly which files go where. There are two .sawnd files in the download (one called 9alt.sawnd, and one 9.sawnd located in the "link" folder). Which one do I use? Same with the FitLink.pac. There's a FitLinkAlt.pac and a regular FitLink.pac in the "link" folder, so which one do I move to my SD card?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.
Haha yeah they're the same thing. The only reason for the name difference is so you can just copy that folder over and it'll overwrite those files on your SD Card already. Dat easy install yes plox.

RAQU

Smash Apprentice
Are the Melee Sword hit sounds anywhere in here? I've been looking around for them, but no luck. I already downloaded and applied the "Full" version from the first post.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Are the Melee Sword hit sounds anywhere in here? I've been looking around for them, but no luck. I already downloaded and applied the "Full" version from the first post.
Well the actual sounds aren't in the download. But insert 7.sawnds into a smashbros_brsar file with Super Sawnds and it'll be in there so you can open the brsar file with BrawlBox and export them that way. They're somewhere in the 50's for the Wav ID.

Such EAR CANDY!!! Please, release the metaphorical floodgates for this download as soon as your ready!
You know the incomplete 'beta' version is already available for use nao yes?

Top Bottom