• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I don't mean to sound rude, but that's an awful scrub mentality against infinites. The reason we legalized all infinites was because it makes no sense to ban some infinites and not others. We can't ban some just because "they're gay" or "gayer", as that's pretty subjective. Furthermore, banning all infinites in general cannot be compared at all to MK being banned. Infinites are not even terribly common. Let's not forget, Marth/D3 can only infinite about 5-7 characters total between both, while ICs can infinite the whole cast.
Actually, I should apologize. Even though I'm a troll, I did insult you guys when I said you/your rules were "DUMB" and I am happy you took the "I don't mean to be rude" rout instead of returning it. +1 respect points.

And it isn't a scrub mentaility, it's what I have witnessed. Banning Marth's grab crap on ness/lucas is a no brainer, 100% slam dunk, easiest decision ever. And I've lost in tournament due to infinites before :luigi:, so I am kind of partial to this.

A really GOOD player from our state :ness2: quit because

Match 1-He beats this guy's MK
Match 2-The guy switches to Marth, infinite grabs
Match 3-Didn't happen, and our player quit brawl for good because "That's seriously not against the rules? Screw this game."

Pi3rced said on Yink's thread that "Any marth that uses that will not earn my respect" in regards to Yink having infinites legal at her tournament. Respect~money earned.

I believe the way most people got around infinites was just playing MetaKnight. With MK gone, how are people supposed to counter pick characters properly when they have a severe disadvantage in the matchup?

Adapting is one thing, but my point here IS ADAPTING. People that wanted free wins with MK are only going to start learning infinites to get free wins because thats in the rules.

I'm trying to build a scene for brawl in Nebraska, banning MK, I'm fine with it, but getting rid of free wins would be a start.

As for your comment about standing infinites, please shut up. ICs is about baiting three grabs, they aren't the best. Every other standing infinite is character specific resulting in a bad match-up as opposed to a character who is going to take the game by storm.
You haven't made any good/positive points, at all! Do you actually read peoples entire posts or just the first 3 sentences? Regardless, way to go!

I play Wolf and I only want to play Wolf. Picking up secondaries due to people being able to grab me once and kill me is stupid, especially since the character who is best able to adjust to this, Meta Knight, is now banned. IC's aren't even the real problem since their CG takes skill. You D3's know what I'm talking about (Yes, I know they can only ledge infinite me).

I'm not talking exclusively for Wolf, I'm speaking for all mid-low tier players here.

Meta Knight was not banned, he just finally made enough money to retire.
This is win!

btw making an account is IP based now, not email based
This is stupid, I tried to get a friend of mine to sign up for smash boards, and THEY COULDN'T BECAUSE THEY WERE AT MY HOUSE, GG'S FRIDAYBOARDS! Way to make it a hassle to get new players into the scene!

zmx

Smash Lord
Sorry, but Rich Brown / Atomsk aren't 7 and 8.

I can give you Razer and Gnes to fill their place.

So let's see.

Ally (Mains :metaknight:) - Pro Ban
M2k (Mains :metaknight:) - Anti Ban
Anti (Mains :metaknight:) - Anti Ban
ADHD (Mains :diddy:) - Pro Ban
Nairo (Mains :metaknight:) - Anti Ban
DEHF (Mains :falco:) - Pro Ban
Gnes (Mains :diddy:) - Pro Ban
Ultimate Razer (Mains :snake:) - Pro Ban

So let's compare the results.

Pro Ban (In Top 8): 5
Anti Ban (In Top 8): 3

Anti Ban (Who Main :metaknight:) 3/3
Pro Ban (Who Main :metaknight:) 1/5

Your argument is pretty poor.
6-8 are really controversial and this is why I wanted to leave them out. I think we can agree with the top 5 though. Anyways I thought Ally didn't care either way? So that's a mute point. And you obviously purposely added GNES and UltimateRazor (though I agree they are top 12 at least) just to further your argument. That doesn't count.

If we go by top 5 I end up being right. So no, my argument isn't poor and you added elements just to make it seem so. If I did the same (as I did here with top 5) it'd make YOUR argument look poor. Two can play at that game.

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
All the pros now are going to quit anyways. They can't keep on playing Brawl forever, you know. We lose some pros, but we'll get new ones along the course of the game. With MK banned, the changes are going to be drastic, yes, but perhaps the change is a good thing?
Unfortunately, M2K was like one of my favorites brawl players and with him gone it just doesnt feel right, and MK was just plain freaking cool awesome, he will be missed for sure and i don't think i can continue liking brawl if MK is not included cause he is like family, if he is not there then the game will not be challenging if its not then why have a game that doesnt have a spark or a bad guy. In other words, Boring!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
The point about ATs was just to make myself giggle.

Im not dropping anything. Brawl is a awful awful terrible bad competitive game and i have no doubt sakurai is either in awe of the stupidity of the brawl community or laughing so hard he crys tears of joy daily.

:phone:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
6-8 are really controversial and this is why I wanted to leave them out. I think we can agree with the top 5 though. Anyways I thought Ally didn't care either way? So that's a mute point. And you obviously purposely added GNES and UltimateRazor (though I agree they are top 12 at least) just to further your argument. That doesn't count.

If we go by top 5 I end up being right. So no, my argument isn't poor and you added elements just to make it seem so. If I did the same (as I did here with top 5) it'd make YOUR argument look poor. Two can play at that game.
If we change the criteria to a way that makes you right, then you are right. Yes, that is true. We haven't even gotten into why their votes don't matter and your argument is poor on it's own merit.

Please find me those posts I asked for.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

Im not dropping anything. Brawl is a awful awful terrible bad competitive game and i have no doubt sakurai is either in awe of the stupidity of the brawl community or laughing so hard he crys tears of joy daily.

Then go back to the Melee boards. Why continue to bother yourself with the matters of a game you don't care for? It doesn't make any sense.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

So, you are wrong on every point you've brought up, so Brawl is still bad and you are still right. Smoooooooooooth job, bro.

Exce L

Smash Apprentice

Anyone can argue 1-8 top players in North America.
I could argue that Nairo isn't 5th best but rather Gnes.

Are you kidding me? Gnes and Razer aren't top 8? I was being generous when I gave them 7, 8. I went by your guidelines and proved you wrong. And your views on Ally are incorrect, he is pro-ban.

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
Some people will leave brawl because of MK being banned, true. However, many more people will be attracted by the prospect of MK-less tournaments. (Even if you don't think he's broken, removing the best character from the game will make tournaments more balanced and thus more attractive to newcomers.)

Regardless of whether or not this is a good change(which it is IMO), we won't have to worry about Brawl losing too many players.
Are you kidding me? Really? Really? Reaaaaallly??? Isn't like half of the brawl players mk mains so basically yea we'll get a bunch of noobs into the scene but the majority of the top players or mk mainers will be gone in the process and also the people that were against ban.

**Havok**

Smash Lord

I'm not exactly sure who you are but that's just straight disrespectful. Me along with a bunch of other people have found a way to make this non-competitive game, competitive. It's all in the eye of the beholder, if vanilla SF II could be considered a competitive game then so can something like Smash.

It just comes down to details and fine tuning. People have fun with this game and trying to make the best of what's available.

Exce L

Smash Apprentice
Also, Zmx - why do our top 8 players' opinions even matter? Why limit it to 8? Why not 50, 100, or even 1,000? Your argument holds no merit at all. Banning :metaknight: is a community decision.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
lets enjoy smash before the death of it in smash4 :[

(unless nintendo actually makes wired controllers for the wii u)
Wired isn't an issue. Wireless can be dealt with. The classic controller isn't bad and even if it was, there's this. Quit your *****ing.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Rone is a massive masive troll and he is a douchebag, and will not EVER quit bashing brawl. Ever. The only course of action is to ignore his trolling. There is absolutely no way to be logical with him because he wont ever stop

HowaitoKumaSan

Smash Apprentice
Are you kidding me? Really? Really? Reaaaaallly??? Isn't like half of the brawl players mk mains so basically yea we'll get a bunch of noobs into the scene but the majority of the top players or mk mainers will be gone in the process and also the people that were against ban.
People move on from games. It's the way of the world.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I dont respect people who play brawl over melee.

As an aside i do respect people who admit they play brawl because they cant play melee because its too hard.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Not really. A chunk of the MK mains love Smash enough to just find a new main, and getting newcomers is a good thing. More people=more competition=more growth for the community.

Besides, if anyone is good enough to come to a tournament, they aren't noobs.

zmx

Smash Lord
If we change the criteria to a way that makes you right, then you are right. Yes, that is true. We haven't even gotten into why their votes don't matter and your argument is poor on it's own merit.

Please find me those posts I asked for.
I'm explaining that you changed the criteria to make you right and that I could do the same. You're obviously just going to do it again even if I do find the posts (which is a hassle and is not worth it). So no.

If their votes don't matter, then neither does anybody elses. What's your point? Can you prove why MK should be banned on other reasons alone? Because I'm totally down with that.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Neither will banning a character. That's a pretty huge barrier you are putting up. It unfortunately is necessary if people are set on keeping the current lousy conditions.

I'm sorry, I just find it a borderline insane decision to alienate MK players like this when you could endorse the better option. Neither will be an easy change for everyone, but at least we won't be killing off a character.
It's not a better option when you consider the issues with hacking and patching.

You have to get those out to people easily, then gotta make sure everyone has the correct version, then make sure everyone is coming for that version, etc.

Project M is organized and made well enough to have a shot, Brawl+ is a mess atm, Brawl- wasn't made to be taken seriously and while people are trying it's not turning into the dream Kirk first made it into, BBrawl is kinda not well supported around.

It's not me trying to get them to not be supported, it;s me knowing that it's hard to get these things off the ground, and the one that has the best shot isn't even targetted at Brawl.

:highfive:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I dont respect people who play brawl over melee.

As an aside i do respect people who admit they play brawl because they cant play melee because its too hard.

Well I hope it makes you happy to know that I quit playing Melee for Brawl, hated it at first but opened my eyes over time and Brawl isn't so bad after all. :)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm explaining that you changed the criteria to make you right and that I could do the same. You're obviously just going to do it again even if I do find the posts (which is a hassle and is not worth it). So no.

If their votes don't matter, then neither does anybody elses. What's your point? Can you prove why MK should be banned on other reasons alone? Because I'm totally down with that.
I'm doing you a favor and teaching you to support your comments. Go ahead. If you're wrong or can't back it up, then we get to stop there because you don't know what you're talking about. If you continue to be able to support your points, then I don't know what I'm talking about and will gladly step out of this thread.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
a room full of wireless controllers is a disaster
If it's all Wii-mote based, then it's easy to fix by never resynching. You make Wii-motes part of the set-up and don't move them. You, instead, have people bring their own classics or use the Wii-mote provided.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
No, **** you bro if you want to kill the game i like. Thats what i have to say because sincerely if you don't care for it then leave it to those who do.
we care more than you do obviously

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
Not really. A chunk of the MK mains love Smash enough to just find a new main, and getting newcomers is a good thing. More people=more competition=more growth for the community.

Besides, if anyone is good enough to come to a tournament, they aren't noobs.
Yea most mk mains that will use their secondarys to still play brawl arent that good of mk mains already since they arent top players. (Keyword MOST) and about the players that come to tourneys not being noobs thats wrong cause ive seen a couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom