• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmx

Smash Lord
I'm doing you a favor and teaching you to support your comments. Go ahead. If you're wrong or can't back it up, then we get to stop there because you don't know what you're talking about. If you continue to be able to support your points, then I don't know what I'm talking about and will gladly step out of this thread.
Drop the pompous manner please. This is coming from the guy who purposely changed my argument so as to "prove" it was poor and you're telling me I need support? You unlike me haven't supported a single thing you said but keep demanding proof for me. And I'm not going to bother because of this double standard. I can't even be sure if you're serious now or just trolling.

And no this isn't "if you're wrong then GTFO". Seriously, what kind of logic is that? I want a reasonable discussion. Not let me prove you wrong so you stop posting. That's beside the point.

I want reason for MK's ban that isn't planking or Tourny results. Because I can refute both those arguments easily as I have done before.

I haven't even once claimed I can't be wrong.

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
No, **** you bro if you want to kill the game i like. Thats what i have to say because sincerely if you don't care for it then leave it to those who do.
Excuse me, but who are you? Word has it that you are from my region and I honestly, sincerely have absolutley no clue as to who you are.

I really would like to see you at an actual tournament before going off on rants about Brawl's offline community, since I haven't seen YOU be a part of it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well Im just mad that Mk was banned thats all cause your just killing the game. Get it through your thick heads.
How is banning a character so much different from banning stages, items, game modes, etc...? Why does it suddenly become "killing the game" when a character is banned? I'd honestly like to hear your reasoning for this, if there is any.

:248:

Master Raven

Smash Master
marth or ics will be best new char

game will be centered around cping with high-top tiers

LOL @ anyone who thinks lower tier characters will be more viable. maybe, but not that significantly. they're just losing one bad MU out of several others

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I dont respect people who play brawl over melee.

As an aside i do respect people who admit they play brawl because they cant play melee because its too hard.

:phone:
I don't respect people who hate people over a choice of playing a video game.

You should learn to be respectful to others, I don't hate people for playing MvC2 despite me hating that game on a competitive level.

There are mindful people in a lot of other communities, you should learn from them.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
marth or ics will be best new char

game will be centered around cping with high-top tiers

LOL @ anyone who thinks lower tier characters will be more viable. maybe, but not that significantly. they're just losing one bad MU out of several others
Sounds like SSF4 before AE.

Which you still didn't need to do this at all.

Also ICs got a couple of bad MUs, Marth is similar.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
It's not a better option when you consider the issues with hacking and patching. You have to get those out to people easily, then gotta make sure everyone has the correct version, then make sure everyone is coming for that version, etc.
Yup, still certainly better than completely banning a character and alienating a bunch of players.

Project M is organized and made well enough to have a shot... BBrawl is kinda not well supported around.
I'm not saying it even has to be BB or any other pre-existing mod. Sometimes tells me now that a character has been taken completely off the table, people might be more willing to adopt a fix.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Brawl isn't competitive? It's a fighting game. Fighting is a competition.

You still wanna play as MK? Don't play at tourneys with Unity rules.

The ban will kill the tourney scene? I see plenty of Smashers ready for bat-free Brawl.

You're mad about the ban? Suck it up, or find a better way to spend your time than ranting about it on a forum.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yup, still certainly better than completely banning a character and alienating a bunch of players.character has been taken completely off the table, people might be more willing to adopt a fix.
What makes you so sure that banning a broken character is going to alienate more players than forcing a modified version of the game on the entire community would? To be honest, based on the minimal number of people who play mods like Balanced Brawl, I think an attempt at a universal balanced version of Brawl that is fan made would not get a very large following at all relative to the entire smash scene.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
You all ****ing suck at this game, Alpha Zealot is a ****** with such a *****ty ruleset. WC is smart they don't use that garbage. MK being banned is dumb, you guys lack the ability to learn a matchup after 3 years. All of you should just quit this ****ing game, and it's not like the people who constantly place 17th are gonna get any higher because MK is banned. Regardless of MK, you suck at this game, and you getting spoonfed a character ban isn't gonna make you any better. I am horridly disappointed in this terrible community, no wonder all of the Melee people laugh at you because you all ****ing suck, and are stupid, you play a game babied down from Melee, but what do you want? Even MORE babying. Grow up, how can this game be considered competetive but the best character is getting banned. How is any other fighting community gonna take us seriously when we can't even win a MU. Only like 2 MKs were winning ***** anyway, you guys all suck and won't get any better.

On another note, I am an MK main, I am not just upset about MK being banned. Regardless of MK being banned or not, I would NEVER use the unity ruleset, I think it is horrible, and unfair to many MANY characters, and people who support this just suck Alpha Zealot's d!ck. It has been said, and see in results ADHD himself has gotten lazy and banked on MK being banned, and now he can rest easy knowing that he can laze his *** off with easy MUs, because he got ****ing tired of applying himself in an MU. Gnes is better, get over it, you suck Wyatt. Back to AZ. You are a complete ******, and no one in their right mind should take you seriously. No one who is smart, or has a mind of their own would follow you, or your garbage ruleset and rulings. You are bad at brawl, and a bad BBR member. Leave this community, you are tainting it.

To the people who were smart enough to learn the MU, kudos, you took time in to hold an accomplishment dear. Too bad it's all for naught because of the gay people who are lazy and don't put forth the effort of learning a MU. It's not like people put a gun to your head and told you to pick MK. But whatever. If you guys wanna be babies, go ahead. Enjoy your gay *** D3 infinites, and IC CGs.

I'm done with this horrible game. gl;hf I give this community 3 weeks after the MK ban. tata!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yup, still certainly better than completely banning a character and alienating a bunch of players.
The stance Project M took pretty much did that already.

They don't care for the Brawl community or anything Brawl gave the Brawl exclusives.

Banning a character can alienate, so can hacks by the very nature of what one is and what their stances could be.

I'm not saying it even has to be BB. Sometimes tells me now that MK has been taken completely off the table, people might be more willing to adopt a fix.
The problem is a hack is hard to sell off to the masses for a fix and to get people to fully support it. A ban of a character seems like a patch could fix, but it's hard to do when it's not the Devs doing it.

Sharky

Smash Master
You all ****ing suck at this game, Alpha Zealot is a ****** with such a *****ty ruleset. WC is smart they don't use that garbage. MK being banned is dumb, you guys lack the ability to learn a matchup after 3 years. All of you should just quit this ****ing game, and it's not like the people who constantly place 17th are gonna get any higher because MK is banned. Regardless of MK, you suck at this game, and you getting spoonfed a character ban isn't gonna make you any better. I am horridly disappointed in this terrible community, no wonder all of the Melee people laugh at you because you all ****ing suck, and are stupid, you play a game babied down from Melee, but what do you want? Even MORE babying. Grow up, how can this game be considered competetive but the best character is getting banned. How is any other fighting community gonna take us seriously when we can't even win a MU. Only like 2 MKs were winning ***** anyway, you guys all suck and won't get any better.

On another note, I am an MK main, I am not just upset about MK being banned. Regardless of MK being banned or not, I would NEVER use the unity ruleset, I think it is horrible, and unfair to many MANY characters, and people who support this just suck Alpha Zealot's d!ck. It has been said, and see in results ADHD himself has gotten lazy and banked on MK being banned, and now he can rest easy knowing that he can laze his *** off with easy MUs, because he got ****ing tired of applying himself in an MU. Gnes is better, get over it, you suck Wyatt. Back to AZ. You are a complete ******, and no one in their right mind should take you seriously. No one who is smart, or has a mind of their own would follow you, or your garbage ruleset and rulings. You are bad at brawl, and a bad BBR member. Leave this community, you are tainting it.

To the people who were smart enough to learn the MU, kudos, you took time in to hold an accomplishment dear. Too bad it's all for naught because of the gay people who are lazy and don't put forth the effort of learning a MU. It's not like people put a gun to your head and told you to pick MK. But whatever. If you guys wanna be babies, go ahead. Enjoy your gay *** D3 infinites, and IC CGs.

I'm done with this horrible game. gl;hf I give this community 3 weeks after the MK ban. tata!
saved for salt beyond this man's years

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
How is banning a character so much different from banning stages, items, game modes, etc...? Why does it suddenly become "killing the game" when a character is banned? I'd honestly like to hear your reasoning for this, if there is any.

Well a character is a character, you fall in a love with it and you love to play him because he is just play fun, what other reasons do you want as to it being different to a stage or items or even game modes? what the hell? stages dont even have body parts or are parts of games so how can i what i dont even

El Duderino

Smash Ace
What makes you so sure that banning a broken character is going to alienate more players than forcing a modified version of the game on the entire community would?
They both would, I'm just picking the lesser of the two pitfalls. Clearly something must be done, I'm just going with what is less limiting to the actual game.

HowaitoKumaSan

Smash Apprentice
Yes but it would actually be a step forward instead of 2 steps back, which is exactly what banning a character is.
The rules that have been made to keep Metaknight in check have been more damaging than banning him. Forcing a new mod onto people isn't the answer, but a ban is. Or would you have kept ST Akuma and O. Sagat legal?

zmx

Smash Lord

Going to assume you're serious.

Anyways

1. Your main points aren't totally wrong.
2. The way they are presented are horrible. If you stopped raging people might take you seriously.
3. Insulting everyone for a decision made by 14 is pretty dumb.
4. Japan and Euro haven't banned him and do fine against him. NA is the problem.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Drop the pompous manner please. This is coming from the guy who purposely changed my argument so as to "prove" it was poor and you're telling me I need support? You unlike me haven't supported a single thing you said but keep demanding proof for me. And I'm not going to bother because of this double standard. I can't even be sure if you're serious now or just trolling.

And no this isn't "if you're wrong then GTFO". Seriously, what kind of logic is that? I want a reasonable discussion. Not let me prove you wrong so you stop posting. That's beside the point.

I want reason for MK's ban that isn't planking or Tourny results. Because I can refute both those arguments easily as I have done before.

I haven't even once claimed I can't be wrong.
It's not a manner. I'm a pompous guy. I just happen to check my **** before I post.

We haven't reached a point where your argument is supported and you're the one coming in here making baseless statements. When you've finished making your point, I'll then make my counter point.

I want you to stop spewing baseless comments that are wrong or opinions instead of facts. If you stop, then I'm perfectly fine.

You haven't refuted those arguments from anywhere I've seen. Your argument keeps changing. At first it was that the community didn't know better and that the top players (who you say did know better) all supported an MK ban. Now you are claiming yourself as an authority on the matter and that these reasons for having MK banned are unjust. You still are not supporting your argument. Go ahead and do that now, I'll wait.

You can be wrong, believe me, I know. However, that has nothing to do with the fact that in order for me to show you that you are wrong, I have to show you where your argument is not supported. For that I need to know the basis of your arguments. If I continue to humor you throwing out baseless statements, you can continue throwing them out there.

"The stages background do not hide him. MK should be legal."
"That doesn't cover the issues that he does present. The reasons for banning him have not been addressed."
"Oh, well stalling isn't a problem."
"Yes it is because it allows Meta Knight to abuse the timer to force you into a situation where he is at an extreme advantage."
"But that doesn't happen."

It goes on and on and on and on until I make you support your own statements instead of humoring you.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
zmx, who the hell are you? Funny, because there was also 75% of the community that backed this. So was I just judging 14? No. I also said that the people who didn't support this had my respect.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
REMEMBER- this is THE most controversial decision in the history of smash.

I.E. it's fertile breeding ground for trolls.

I.E. don't feed the trolls.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
They both would, I'm just picking the lesser of the two pitfalls. Clearly something must be done, I'm just going with what is less limiting to the actual game.
Well, to balance the game you would have to change essentially everything about it. Balanced Brawl made numerous changes to every character and it is still not perfectly balanced. I think removing one character and leaving everything else untouched is less intrusive than reworking the mechanics of the game or every single character's moveset.

And if a mod is not being made for balancing purposes, then for what? There really is no other reason to change the game because honestly as far as I am concerned it's only flaw is it's severe lack of balance.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
The problem is a hack is hard to sell off to the masses for a fix and to get people to fully support it. A ban of a character seems like a patch could fix, but it's hard to do when it's not the Devs doing it.
Banning a character is not exactly an easy sell either. I know how difficult adopting a patch would be, especially one people can agree upon, but ultimately it is the best option for the game.

Looks like we'll be taking the easy road instead. Unfortunately it's a short term fix that will cause lasting turmoil. That's just what happens when you ban a character.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendo had released Brawl without even including MK in the first place, would you say that the game was "ruined" from the start?

Also, if we randomly removed some other character, would you say the game is "ruined?"

Removing a character doesn't trash a fighting game, people. It drastically changes it, but it by no means destroys it.

Seeing as 75% of Smashers haven't liked how the metagame has developed in the three years since Brawl has been released, I say we give change a shot.

InfiniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
Free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk free mk

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
to the people saying "get better/ learn the match up"

IDK how you are missing the fact that MK is the MOST played character in tournament. by 3x the second place amount. and not only that but MK has increased in money earning %.

so apparently, not only have we not learned the match up with most common character in 3.5 years. we have gotten much worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom