• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight smorgasbord!

lain

Smash Master
Yeah Overswarm recorded it. It is probably the most epic match in the history of ever, I assure you.

:colorful:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
the midwest circuit event i'm running is on the same date, Hyper Viper Beam.

gonna be hype as **** and i'm gonna get at least secoooonnndddd. yayuhz.
Gonna get at least second, eh? Who got second again? Oh yeah, it was me.

Eat a **** :D

K 2

Smash Lord
geez...I wish there was a tournament every week where I lived. I don't even think theres a tournament in my state and all the bordering states...

lain

Smash Master
Yayyy.

Match 1

Match 2

I spam blizzard way too much against MK, but I feel like it's the only thing to keep them at bay lol. It stops them completely in their tracks.

Sometimes they get out and are able to dair me, but if it's at the right distance I'll be able to shield (and maybe capitalize on mistakes.. :D)

Note the AMAZING grabbing MK right when he starts up tornado in match 1 at 2:46 (even though it was only like 40%-90%.

Also note fair **** in match 2. Holy Jesus.

Also, if you're having trouble with tornado, lrn2blizzard them, and di upwards while smash di'ing up and then do a dair. Sexy!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
nice vids lain. that ***** got what he deserved.

using meta knight in brawl is like using banshees in halo: just because you kill a lot of people doesn't make you the better player.

lain

Smash Master
I'd also like to point out at 1:33 when I dair and then single popo UpB to grab the ledge.

and look at me waiting for the dodge at 3:01! man, i'm too good.

omgimsex

/narcissism

XDD

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Just a note to ICs watching those matches:

One of Lain's biggest issues was getting a KO without a grab. His non-grab KOs were opportunistic, which is never what you want. You want to take those opportunities, but I shouldn't have been hit with either of the fairs on the JJapes match. I just did. It doesn't mean you can use fair as a KO move against MK.

Also, I just discovered MK can run forward, shield, and roll through blizzard. So spamming blizzard won't work anymore.

Also also, I discovered near the end of the set that I can SDI through the blizzard and dair you. I generally take more damage, but if I separate nana it ends up in my favor. Definitely need a few more anti-approach options.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Metaknight is really really gay.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
lain on rofa's comp:

True OS, but I took advantage of this.

That 2nd fair (and that klaptrap) was about the only lucky thing in that set.

But yeah you're good and ****s. Get tons better and make him banworthy!

Teh Future

Smash Master
"It doesn't mean you can use fair as a KO move against MK."

its funny how you're like even though this worked, it doesn't!

lain

Smash Master
lol. yeah the fairs were dumb XD. I'm starting to think fairs aren't too bad though. (!!)

*sigh* i need to start placing high at big tourneys... that'll put me on the map...

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Also also, I discovered near the end of the set that I can SDI through the blizzard and dair you. I generally take more damage, but if I separate nana it ends up in my favor. Definitely need a few more anti-approach options.
Single blizzard to utilt/usmash might be able to stop the dair, being to fast even for meta, since he gets hit by blizzard.

Athing I´ve been thinking about, ALLWAYS, try and go for a powershield, since it´s easier in brawl it should be possible to learn to abuse it to some degree, and powershield usually means an free chance to grab, no matter against character the opponent are using, and grab equals, you know what^^

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Single blizzard can be punished. The reason double blizz is so good is because you can't run in and attack, since the second blizzard is still going on.

lain

Smash Master
LOL i hope so. Apparently there's a lot of johns with the venue. I heard from anther it costs $100 an hour to use. Plus, I dunno if we're gonna be able to get a ride.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Hitch a ride with Yes! + Judge? I'm pretty sure they're coming up from MI. It's not costing us anything to use, they're just justifying why the entrance fee is a bit big.

You have to make it :)

lain

Smash Master
Yeah i'm trying to go with them, but Yes! is like being kinda weird about it. ahha. So i don't really know what to do.

I'm sure you'd love to see the best IC's in the world in action eh???

:colorful: XD =_=

Niko_K

Smash Master
I would definitely like to play against them :p All I get to play is Millar's IC's. Rarely to I get to play Ambrose's IC's.

What's Yes! AIM? I'll talk to him.

lain

Smash Master
Lol. I wish I knew what his AIM was.

I wouldn't play IC's against peach. It's too annoying. lol. I'd play Dedede. Buuuut I'm pretty sure I'd win with IC's since they're so gay lol.

Niko_K

Smash Master
More than likely, the threat of being grabbed is scary for peach, leaving her in the air +100 predictability.

D3 is a ***** to fight >.<

Oh well xD

lain

Smash Master
I beat drk.pch's peach with Ice Climbers and he got pissed at me and *****ed me out lol. That guy is scary.

But yeah I'm working hard on coming!!!

Niko_K

Smash Master
Oh man, that guy is such a joker. "Since I'm the only Peach on the EC helping with ranking her...."". What a guy.

I'll probably give your IC's a better run than he did xD.

lain

Smash Master
lol. if Hot Arms came I'd team with him. We'll see if we're gonna bring a 4th person, cuase right now it's just me, anther, and NOJ.

Top Bottom