• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight smorgasbord!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Never said you suck or came here for a fight. just stating atleast give the whole story. But it seems you forgot I beat you. Just wanted to clear that up.

Still though, you sure don't seem like the same cool person I met at pound 3. You are different ever since you touched brawl. I'll say that much.

Anyway, no need for me to be here.

lain

Smash Master
SO, I have much to say about my expericence at the tourney. I think there wax around 70 entrants, including people like Ally, HolyNightmare, KingAce, Ambrose, NOJ, and myself. NOJ sadly got like 9th or something because of ****ty seeding (he ended up playing me and i 2-0'ed him).

In singles pools, it was 8 pools of 9, and i was 16-1. The one loss resulted from me being on frigate orpheon and the stage flipped, with nana grabbing the edge immediately and me just falling. haha.

BUT, the shocker, i went up to play HolyNightmare in quarters. he beat my DDD first game, I went IC's and beat him the next game, and then third game he picked frigate orpheon and i stayed IC's. the stage flipped and gayed me again midway. : / heartbreaking.

results were as such:
1st Ally (Snake)
2nd Ambrose (IC, Marth, Metaknight)
3rd Lain (IC, DDD, G&W)
4th Chaotic (Lucario)
5th HolyNightmare (ROB)
5th Mikey (Falco)
can't remember the rest.

i had to sweep through loser's, and i beat KingAce 2-1, Mikey 2-0, NOJ 2-0, Chaotic 2-0, among others.

Ambrose and I made an agreement before the bracket that if we played, we wouldn't play IC's since it'd be no fun for each other LOLLLL. He ended up beating me 2-1, using MK while I used DDD.

i have some ****ing HYPE vids. can't wait.

i never got to ****ing play ally either! ****!

Niko_K

Smash Master
Lain is sexy. Too bad I forfeited from singles. Stupid **** happens.

I got 3rd in doubles though, losing to sexy Lain and NoJ,.

lain

Smash Master
niko k has, and he's gonna put them up soon.

i think there's uhh me vs. KingAce, HolyNightmare, and Ambrose. and doubles matches. i actually played a lot of DDD and G&W lol... before this tourney i hadn't played G&W since like 2 months ago.

get ready to watch my ic's fail. : (

keep in mind i played them in most all of my other matches too, and i ***** people. i 16-1'ed my pool. lol.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
16-1 is beast Lain. Were they all newbs, or were there some good players?
I need to go to a tourney sometime..

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Good stuff Lain! I look forward to seeing those guys at the MWC championships :D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
^ wut is this MWC?
We do something called a "midwest circuit". Tournaments are held in a few areas (Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio) and we take 10% out of the pot. The people that place in the tournaments get points; 40 for first, 30 for 2nd, etc., etc. lower and lower until people are getting 1 point. From this, people are ranked in both singles and doubles based on their points in the respective brackets.

At the end, the 10% taken out of the pot from each championship is distributed as if it were normal tourney winnings to the people that get 1rst, 2nd, or 3rd in the point placements. This gives incentive to go to several tournaments in the circuit so you don't get left behind, to keep the same teammate (thus making better teams), and gives us a ranking system.

lain

Smash Master
Yep.

OMG can't wait for the vids. HYYYPPEEEE.

heartbreaking to lose to ambrose and holy though. : / it was 2-1 both times. ambrose and i agreed to no ic's, so he tornado ***** my ddd all day lol. good **** to him though.

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
Yep.

OMG can't wait for the vids. HYYYPPEEEE.

heartbreaking to lose to ambrose and holy though. : / it was 2-1 both times. ambrose and i agreed to no ic's, so he tornado ***** my ddd all day lol. good **** to him though.
I hope you didn't regret our no ICs agreement. You have a strong GaW and DDD. Our matches were really close! I want to watch our set also, once it is uploaded.

lain

Smash Master
lol i do actually. the MK tornado ***** DDD for free, but that's how the matchup should be played so I don't blame you. good **** man, you're really good.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Lain you shd come down here for the grands next month, somehow convince eli to let you go teams with me then we can win easy $ and share it

That wont work
but it would be fun

anyway come down here and pwn my face, i cant get any good practice in cuz everyone around me sux...

Scary IC's... nj!

Niko_K

Smash Master
Well Lain's IC's aren't as good as my Peach ;) I beat him in a $5mm when he was sober ;)

then he 2-0'd me with D3 to make his money back, cuz I'm a nice guy

lain

Smash Master
x_x that was a ridiculous amount of blunts sir.

also, more vids to come! very soon, and trust me, they're HYPPEEE

Niko_K

Smash Master
Christian are you crazy...They didn't get to my house until 6:30 AM. We didn't sleep when they arrived either. We smoked fat blunts and then drove 1h30m to the tourney and played for 14 hours...

Gichan

Smash Champion
Okay, there may be bracket johns BUT those players themselves also had to go through it. I don't hear them complaining that much about it.

And yes Niko fine, you are right aobut that but let me add that day when Rae, Phil, Erix, and I slept over his house, we got like 45 mins of sleep and Phil and Rae still placed 2nd and 3rd in singles and 1st in doubles! Come on man, they were in the same situation.

LBT was tough man, Niko are you really going to support us Canadian players being underated?

Gichan

Smash Champion
balls, Lain got banned....I do not like to post when someone cannot defend himself. So Lain I hope you read my posts, pm me if you want to continue this discussion.

Top Bottom