• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight- *The Official Thread*

Noshiee

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu1d6jNg49w&mode=related&search=
at the begining of the video you can see some of the moves metaknight can use in that kirby game, one of them, you can see the possible front tilt, and up B or tiltand down A or tilt, also his normal A attack and his mutliple jumping.
Also I remember in the Kirby super Star he can turn into a small tornado and also he could stick his sword in the floor creating a shock wave that moves across the room.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzBSvWsVB4c&mode=related&search=
you can see that here

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Metaknight's Agenda

Today more of The Subspace Army was revealed; and if you watched the vid you witnessed, Peach, Mario, and Zelda getting sudued by the enemy. You also seen Metaknight's famous Halberd yet again.

So far I'm enjoying the darker tone of the story this time around; though I wonder what will Metaknight's plans be (assuming that he is the villian) for using the subspace that is being gathered by the Primids.

I'm hoping for another epic fight between Kirby and Metaknight again.

What are your thoughts on the Subspace Emissary and what role do you think Metaknight will play?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
until now, he is my favorite newcomer, he just rocks.
wait...who's your favorite newcomer now!?

Today more of The Subspace Army was revealed; and if you watched the vid you witnessed, Peach, Mario, and Zelda getting sudued by the enemy. You also seen Metaknight's famous Halberd yet again.

So far I'm enjoying the darker tone of the story this time around; though I wonder what will Metaknight's plans be (assuming that he is the villian) for using the subspace that is being gathered by the Primids.

What are your thoughts on the Subspace Emissary and what role do you think Metaknight will play?
honestly, i think he was a grudge against the army. i mean they did take his ship. he probably travels all across the plain, taking names and kickin a**. but yes, at some point he has to face kirby, but i think they fight, something happens, then they fight...as a team!

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
wait...who's your favorite newcomer now!?
when i first saw the trailer i was like "OMG!!! METAKNIGHT!!! OMG! OMG!" basically he is my favorite Newcomer to this moment, you have to consider Kirby of the Stars is one of my top three favorite Nintendo series of all time:)

.... until a certain space dragon got comfired of course;)

MetaKnightmare

Smash Journeyman
Haunting your dreams, looking for cookies

I think they took over MKs ship... He always gives kirby a sword in the games (except for dark MK), and fights with honor...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I've got a question, did you guys see Metaknight's alternate costumes? He looks good in green. I dunno if they real and I seriously doubt they are.....

.Connor_Wilberg.

Smash Rookie
I don't really see how metaknight can even be equal to kirby.....i mean he has armor and a sword which in reality would give him superior attack and defense....the only downside could be is that he is a tiny bit slower.....-.-

All and all he looks kickass i just dont see how he could be balanced

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I don't really see how metaknight can even be equal to kirby.....i mean he has armor and a sword which in reality would give him superior attack and defense....the only downside could be is that he is a tiny bit slower.....-.-

All and all he looks kickass i just dont see how he could be balanced
Umm no, Metaknight is much faster than Kirby is in most of the games he appeared in; and also faster than Kirby(unless kirby got a speed boost) as viewed in the second trailer of SSBB.

I agree he is kick *** though.

.Connor_Wilberg.

Smash Rookie
the weirdest thing happened when i went to SSBB Dojo today.....metaknight was gone and i looked under all posts on the site and there was no history of him....wtf?

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
I get the feeling that Meta Knight is going to be really cheap. Those A moves are insane.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
yea, tell me about it. they look awesome! looks like he has a reflector move, nice...the mach tornado is slick too. some of sakurai's comments intrigues me

Sinn

Smash Lord
Do you know what this MEANS though? O_O

Kirby's ability from him is going to be that wicked sweet looking cyclone. This is going to pwn hard.

SO now all that's left is to wonder what his Final Smash will be...hmmm.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
Ah... *cracks knuckles* time to point out the obvious. w00t! Meta Knight's specials. With this update, we finally got a look at Brawl's most anticipated character (I don't know why, but whatever), it wasn't much, just a few pics of him doing his B moves. From the looks of it, we have a lil' tornado move, a recovery that looks to rival ICs'/G&W's, a blurry, s---ty pic of his Smash-B, which didn't show us anything, but since it's called Triple Dash, I'm guessin' it hits multiple times, like most of his attacks seem to do, and the shielding move we all expected. The pic of his down-b is sorta blurred, and it's called Dimension Cape, so him goin' invisible on us is a maybe.

Now, for my point.

Yeah, we're all happy we got info on his moves, but look at the type of update we got them in. A 'How To Play.' =/ Strange. It would have made or sense to use Mario, or Kirby. But they used Meta Knight. Anyway, I'm saying, we got his moves before we even got a profile on him. Seems like at this point he might not even get a profile. I think this update proved he's not in the starting roster. Why would they show us the moves before showing us the person that does them? And why hasn't his profile been updated yet, he's been there since the beginning and we've gotten three new characters since then and still no Meta Knight.

Besides, in Melee, none of the franchises that had more than one character had every rep in the starting roster. At least one character in each franchises with two or more characters had to be unlocked. Now, this isn't guaranteed or anything, but I think Kirby's only got Meta Knight to back him up. Dedede isn't unconfirmed or anything yet, and even if he is, Meta Knight will still probably be an unlockable. He's gettin' the most special of treatments. =/ It'd be one big brain-fart on Sakurai's part if Meta Knight's a playable character from the beginning.

Besides, as popular as he is, it seems he's too cool not to be unlocked, anyway.

I'm done now. Make me a part of the blog writers now, I deserve it. Lol.

Sinn

Smash Lord
My comment on that is, from the look of Adventure Mode, he's probably going to play a large role on the antagonist side. So possibly you'll only be able to play as him after beating Adventure Mode once through. But I do find it a little odd the way they updated, especially if what you say ends up being true. None of the characters in Melee that were announced prior to the games release WEREN'T playable right off the bat. We will have to wait and see...

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
My comment on that is, from the look of Adventure Mode, he's probably going to play a large role on the antagonist side. So possibly you'll only be able to play as him after beating Adventure Mode once through. But I do find it a little odd the way they updated, especially if what you say ends up being true. None of the characters in Melee that were announced prior to the games release WEREN'T playable right off the bat. We will have to wait and see...
Yeah, good observation. He does seem to have something to do with the Subspace Emissary, with his ship and all. And yeah, they may just put up his profile after Brawl is released. They'd be stupid though. Well, not stupid, but I just don't think they have enough stuff to fill up the gap between now and RELEASE TIME then have **** left over to post afterwards. It's possible, but not probable. I say he gets his profile closer to when Brawl's released, but it will be before.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Yeah, good observation. He does seem to have something to do with the Subspace Emissary, with his ship and all. And yeah, they may just put up his profile after Brawl is released. They'd be stupid though. Well, not stupid, but I just don't think they have enough stuff to fill up the gap between now and RELEASE TIME then have **** left over to post afterwards. It's possible, but not probable. I say he gets his profile closer to when Brawl's released, but it will be before.
Really? I was thinking that they need to start making more updates faster or they're going to have a lot unfinished by the time the game is released. The fact that they announced all of Link's special moves in one update made me worry less about this, but still...given the amount of characters they have so far and how few of them have all of their special moves and final smashes updated (added to the fact that they're almost certainly going to announce more never before seen characters before the release), sooner or later there just might not be enough days to update it all.

We've got 17 characters on the character page right now...about half of them have their final smash moves posted, about a third of them have HALF of their special moves posted, and PT only has ONE move posted. Not to mention the fact that the three Pokémon he uses are going to have different specials that need specific updating...Link (and Metaknight, if you count this today) is the only character with everything updated, good to go.

AND THERE ARE ONLY 68 MORE UPDATES UNTIL THE GAME COMES OUT D= If the final roster is 40, 45, or 50 playable characters...even without factoring in all the other item and stage updates that they need to do, that leaves a LOT of information to fill in.

You might be able to tell I'm kind of obsessed about this >.>;

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
Really? I was thinking that they need to start making more updates faster or they're going to have a lot unfinished by the time the game is released. The fact that they announced all of Link's special moves in one update made me worry less about this, but still...given the amount of characters they have so far and how few of them have all of their special moves and final smashes updated (added to the fact that they're almost certainly going to announce more never before seen characters before the release), sooner or later there just might not be enough days to update it all.

We've got 17 characters on the character page right now...about half of them have their final smash moves posted, about a third of them have HALF of their special moves posted, and PT only has ONE move posted. Not to mention the fact that the three Pokémon he uses are going to have different specials that need specific updating...Link (and Metaknight, if you count this today) is the only character with everything updated, good to go.

AND THERE ARE ONLY 68 MORE UPDATES UNTIL THE GAME COMES OUT D= If the final roster is 40, 45, or 50 playable characters...even without factoring in all the other item and stage updates that they need to do, that leaves a LOT of information to fill in.

Lol. You might be right. I am defeated. But we both agree that Meta Knight won't be playable from the start, right?

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice

Well honestly I'm not too worried about not having everything updated. I mean...don't you wanna just be surprised? You see the way I see the updates is that their just supposed to quench our thirst as best as possible until Brawl comes out. Granted it's not going to work exactly like that but it gives us something to look forward to right?

Oh well...Yay for MK's special moves! Unfortunately the fact that they chose to show us MK's special moves on this Special Move Update when he hasn't even had his character bio update yet, probably confirms that MK is going to be unlockable and that the characters shown have been starters.

GenG

Smash Lord
After looking the special moves, I'm the only one who thinks that the moves are a bit... conservative? After months hearing that Marth's moveset was rushed and unoriginal, with simple swipes, I look at this... saving the tornado and the cape, is the usual swordman fare.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Lol. You might be right. I am defeated. But we both agree that Meta Knight won't be playable from the start, right?
I dunno. Part of me feels he might be simply because of the Melee precedence of not releasing information on ANY of the unlockable characters before the game launched. However, since he and Snake ARE the only two characters from the trailer who haven't been updated prior to all the other new characters they started updating...it does make me ask why they decided to do it this way. In my mind it's a 50/50 chance, and I don't feel certain enough either way to have a definite opinion.

But if he IS unlockable, that will only make me want to play him more when I get him. Mwahahahaha.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Well honestly I'm not too worried about not having everything updated. I mean...don't you wanna just be surprised? You see the way I see the updates is that their just supposed to quench our thirst as best as possible until Brawl comes out. Granted it's not going to work exactly like that but it gives us something to look forward to right?
Oh no, I don't want them to update EVERYTHING before the game comes out. Back when Melee's site was being fleshed out, they didn't reveal the secret characters until after the game launched, and it still took a few weeks after that. I liked the way they did that. But what I DO want them to do is have a complete profile for all of the characters they start a profile for before the game comes out. The Melee site updated the character with all their special moves at the same time, and that was it, just one post. This time around it seems like most characters need to have four separate updates before they have a complete profile, which I find to be a silly way to do it..

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
It's about time we got some moves

This is one type of update that I was hoping for. Metaknight's B moves they look so cool, and sense I'm so cool I'm trying to base the speculation I have about them on basicly nothing ^_^

Mach Tornado: I must say it looks like it has been ripped right out of Kirby's Superstar if that is that case then I would expect it to be very fast. I also am wondering if his Mach Tornado can help him out at all recovery wise, perhaps some lift and maybe to help fend of edgeguarders a little more.

Triple Dash: This move I'd assume is a bit combo like, which is why I can't really give an opinion on it with just one screen.

Shuttle Loop: Wow, I think what we see here is the start up to it (seems rather similar to Kirby's Final Cutter start-up), perhaps it'll go into the glide we saw in the trailer?

Dimensional Cape: Just like we saw in the Trailer ^_^, I love this move since Metaknight lacks a projectile he won't just be forced to apporach his foes that do have one all the time due to the cape's reflective powers, I wonder how fast it is though.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I don't think Meta needs any more aid in the recovery area, so I don't think Mach Tornado will help that much. Maybe it drills slowly down when it's used in air though! :O

Tripple Slash seems to be a dash attack, as said in the update. I wonder if it will have the chipping damage from the original games, or if he just flies out three times.

Shuttle Loop I think will lead into that glide. He'll do a sword uppercut, flip, and then glide down....at least I think.

I hope the Dimensional Cape has something that makes it stand out from the other reflectors, but we'll see in due time.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Tell me How the hell we Get Meta-Knight's special moves before we even get Meta-Knight him self We have to get Meta-knight tomorrow

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
To me, Mach Tornado seems to be a really fast version of the Mario Tornado, with a downwards motion in the air.

I would assume that Triple Dash is somewhat similar to Marth and Roy's side special, in that you have to press B at the right time to dash forward again, though it's hard to tell from just one picture.

In the Roller Coaster Tycoon Game ^_^ there was a pre-made roller coaster called "Shuttle Loop." The train would turn a loop, then go up a large hill, and at the peak of the hill, fall down backwards. I agree that this will probably end up in a glide, just looking at the context of "Shuttle Loop."

The cape was pretty much what we all suspected, and there's no real need of comment. It deflects projectiles. woot.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wasn't Shuttle Loop one of the "Wing" power special moves in Kirby Super Star? It did a sort of combo in the air.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
cool, we got a glimpse of metaknights moves. i was wondering how he would play, and i like it so far.

so pretty much, his up b is similar to the dolphin slash, his down b (which i really like) is like Fox's reflector, b is like Mari'o's tornado (again, i really like this one), and side b i can't think of a move similar to it. it reminds me of Fox Illusion because of the speed, but he's using his sword. either way, i like his new moves

Top Bottom