• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight- *The Official Thread*

Sinn

Smash Lord
That's a possibility. Once I got the plasma power, the game was pretty much over. Seriously, that was the ultimate power. One o the strongest attacks in the game plus great defense while defending...

Eagle

Smash Lord
OMG OMG YES! METAKNIGHT IS IN BRAWL!! YAAAY I WAS SOOOO HOPING HE'D BE IN!! :D:D:D:D:D

-_-

I guess now we're gonna get another update about his moves that we already know about :(

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I think it's interesting that Sakurai stated that his profile was delayed "for some reason". Makes me think that maybe Sakurai isn't mindgaming us sometimes as much as trying to get his team's **** together over at Sora lol.

I kid. Seriously, that was a joke. Don't hurt me.

Although the screenshots of Meta look sweet.... but if we get his special move update tomorrow I will break something... although a Final Smash would be awesome.

T-major

Smash Champion
cool! Meta Knights profile... not as epic as I though it would be...

anyways; if we get his moves tomorrow it wouldn't be all bad. sure, we already know them, but we don't really know how they work. if they gave us his Shuttle loop and D. Cape I would be happy.

But of course, his Final smash would be best... because I can't think what it would be (first guess is a giant sword beam.)

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Methinks tomorrow we will learn about his inclusion in the Subspace Emissary, seeing as the Minister was operating the Halberd.
Odd when has that been confirmed; that the Anicent Minister was operating the Halberd?

Many people will probably take that as "Yes! Meta Knight is unlockable." Or that's what I see people around here thinking. >_>

Really, I think it means something other then that. Though I'm not quite sure what.
I'm just happy we got this update because it really messes with peoples heads. Will Metaknight be unlockable even though we got his profile?

I dunno. When he loses the mask, he certainly looks like a recolor of Kirby. Though that might be that the developers were lazy to make a custom sprite :laugh:.

But yes, the copy thing has always dazzled me. He looks to be pretty much the same as kirby, but never uses it... Well, maybe he's like me, he found a power he liked and doesn't really want to change (I can go for the whole game with Fighter power if nothing else is needed for opening secrets. I like it :)). So maybe that's why?
It is obvious that Metaknight doesn't suck things up like Kirby because he's a germaphobe( I mean have you seen what Kirby eats.lol). I mean look at that mask it provides him with fresh clean air. Hello his own gloves >_> The reason why he fights Kirby all the time is to stop his germy ways. :psycho:

-Knight

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
His Final Smash will likely be ordering a bunch of minions to come and join the fray, like he did in that NES Kirby game.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

It's Meta Knight, whose introduction was delayed for some reason. He's Kirby's...rival?

Despite being almost all head, his mask and cape exude coolness. He overwhelms enemies with his mach-speed sword!

Btw, I think he's just having a joke when he said that first sentence. I laughed at it! :laugh:

Sinn

Smash Lord
I think it's interesting that Sakurai stated that his profile was delayed "for some reason". Makes me think that maybe Sakurai isn't mindgaming us sometimes as much as trying to get his team's **** together over at Sora lol.
That would be pretty funny though. "Yeah, we woulda updated his profile a long time agon, but those IDIOTS working for me kept SCREWING UP on part of his programming, so...sorry for the delay."

His Final Smash will likely be ordering a bunch of minions to come and join the fray, like he did in that NES Kirby game.
Final Smash: summon three level nine opponents. Geh, that would be evil.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Huh.. I think that Metaknight's Final Smash will be something like that reflex minigame in kirby superstar. He activtes it, catches you like Link's FS, and then the backgroundgoes black, MK sheates his sword and hets in a ready stance while the enemy looks aroud stunned. Then suddendly a "!!" flashes, you push the button, and MK slashes at a speed too fast for the human eye to see across the enemy, who then is sent flying upwards and behind MK, who then says something cool or poses dramatically with his cape to the wind.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
the whole profile made me laugh. saying he was delayed for some reason, knowing we have no clue why he was delayed.

then the next was the best. he's just a head...but he's got a cape and mask, so that's why he's cooler.

sakurai, you genius bas****, it's good to see a profile for metaknight. best profile description yet

T-major

Smash Champion
^^^ I like that line! very cool sounding.

as for final smashes, I'm still hoping it's a giant sword beam. the Sword beam is a signature move of Meta Knight's; and since it's not one of his B moves, I think they should make it his final smash. it's needs to be represented in some way...

Siphon

Smash Rookie
Has anyone else thought the MetaKnight may be pretty high on the tier list? I know its speculation, but look at what we know.
He has kirby hops
glides
up b recovery
forward b recovery
very quick aerials
and a cape of some sort (reflects projectiles?)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone else thought the MetaKnight may be pretty high on the tier list? I know its speculation, but look at what we know.
He has kirby hops
glides
up b recovery
forward b recovery
very quick aerials
and a cape of some sort (reflects projectiles?)
Wow...no one has thought yet that Meta-knight could be high tier...You are such a genious...

Siphon

Smash Rookie
This topic is for a discussion about Metaknight right?
So what exactly is the problem with posting my opinion on how Metaknight is looking?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This topic is for a discussion about Metaknight right?
So what exactly is the problem with posting my opinion on how Metaknight is looking?
The whole God-tier rumor thing...

Siphon

Smash Rookie
Well i read back to about page 15 and see his moveset and tier probability has been discussed quite a bit.
Oh well, guess everyone else is thinking what I am thinking.

Though i don't suspect he will be god tier, just rather high up in the list, possibly top 5?

T-major

Smash Champion
I think that he will have some weaknesses that keep him balanced;
  • attacks have low knock back; meaning you need to get people to high percentages just to have a chance at knocking them off the stage.
  • Attacks do low damage; making it even harder to accomplish the task mentioned above.
  • He's light; making it easy to knock him off the stage (although his godly recovery may counter this)
and since there are many new game play elements that we don't know about yet, he could very well end up being low tier for all we know. then we'll find out who the real Meta Knight fans are >:D

also, I don't think his Demi Cape reflects things. I seems like more of an extended side dodge; and attacks go right through you.

T-major

Smash Champion
yeah, but look at the name and the way it looks. "Dimensional Cape"... judging by the name and look, it seems like he create a dimensional rift and becomes semi-invisible. usually when people go into a dimensional rifts, things go through them; I don't think this would be any different for Meta Knight.

so yeah, I don't think it's a reflector, but I won't rule it out until we know more about the move.

also, "Dimensional Cape" is kind of long... so I'm going to refer to it as "Demi cape" from now on..

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
i really wouldn't care about his height on this tier list, meta will be my main as well, and the tier list doesn't matter, it's skill that will always win. his true potential i see is in team battle, where you get him and ganon. his uber combos + something powerful from ganon = insta - WIN

T-major

Smash Champion
But the "demi cape" could move the projectile to another dimension... plz update so we can end this argument...
... that makes a lot of sense, acualy. projectiles hit the cape, then disappear into another dimension (but don't get reflected back). oh noes! I've been owned! D:

i really wouldn't care about his height on this tier list, meta will be my main as well, and the tier list doesn't matter, it's skill that will always win. his true potential i see is in team battle, where you get him and ganon. his uber combos + something powerful from ganon = insta - WIN
me too! I'm going to Main Meta Knight regardless of his tier position (which I don't think matters in the first place). I just hope he plays in a way I like... even then, I'd probably just force myself to get used to it.

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
Depending on the knockback of his attacks, if dimensional cape reflects and tri jab launches you forward
then I thought of a great combo

Dimensional cape and Tri Jab forward towards your opponent, activate mach tornado to juggle
them back into the air and shuttle loop...

Fairly straightforward...

T-major

Smash Champion
thats a pretty neat-o combo. I don't think it would work, what with lag time and all, but it would be pretty sweet.

I hope to God that Triple dash doesn't have a lot of lag! then I can start ever combo with it!

T-major

Smash Champion
did anyone else notice this in todays update?

see how Yoshi didn't flinch from Meta Knights attack? it makes me think that maybe some of Meta's attacks wont cause flinching. this could be one of the ways that they're balancing him out.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
did anyone else notice this in todays update?

see how Yoshi didn't flinch from Meta Knights attack? it makes me think that maybe some of Meta's attacks wont cause flinching. this could be one of the ways that they're balancing him out.
That screenshot is really odd. I pray that they don't give many of this attacks a no flinching aspect of them if this is true. Who needs DI when you can just Smash Metaknight right out of his combo attacks because they don't make you flinch.

Again this could be over analyzing one screen shot. However it also could be that Metaknight's attack came out so fast that; in one screenshot couldn't reveal the entire effects of the attack. :/ it's really hard to tell.

-Knight

T-major

Smash Champion
yeah, but at least they seem to have found a good way to even him out.

also, the Halberd stage looks awesome!

::EDIT:: (I hate when a post pops up while I'm typing mine D:)

I don't think many of his attacks will have a no-flinch effect; this is pretty much the first attack we've seen of him that hints at this effect. on every other attack of his we've seen flinching, so I wouldn't worry. I'm guessing only his tilts will have this effect.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I bet you with that Halberd, Metaknight is going to summon the Heavy Lobster on you!

Top Bottom