• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight- *The Official Thread*

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
And as for MK being overused and then becoming almost as bad as Melee M2...I think not. Let's just face it guys...MK is sweet! There's nothing he can do about it...he was just born that way. I'm with the person who said he may be banned...but then again Sakurai has been doing his best to balance the game. Since MK has sweet recovery, d-cape, fairly high speed and evasion and assumed good comboing ability then he'll probably be light and have poor kill moves.

I don't care...he's in and I'm going to play the freak out of him!
It's difficult to say just yet, but it seems as though his aerial moves offer sufficient knockback. I dunno if they have KO potential, but they are able to knock the opponents away pretty well in both trailers. I really don't know what MK's flaw(s) will be at this point. :ohwell:

So...can you do his Up B after you use his glide...?

This could be the most awesome means of recovery ever put in the game.

EDIT: Ya know, with all this Metaknight related info we've gotten this week, does anyone think that they might, ya know, update his profile any time soon?
I don't see why not. The UpB isn't technically a jump, so it sounds all right to me. My guess is that his UpB will be easily intercepted, just so as to offset his (apparently) incredible recovery, what with 5 jumps AND a glide.

And I think that MK will still be secret, so we won't see his official update soon; these updates are Sakurai's MK supplements, if you will: means by which he can reveal aspects about the character without posting an official character update.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Metaknight seems like the type who doesn't offer much in the way of actually KOing an opponent, but is easily KOed himself. His advantages for him though seem to be his rapid attack speed, and his small size. He could be bad like Mewtwo, but if he is, it may be for different reasons. =/

Of course everything is speculation at this point.

*glides out of topic*

T-major

Smash Champion
I KNEW gliding would be an air dash type thing! I even said it at one point (I think it was this thread, but it might be another one). either way, It's cool. and from the looks of it, I don't think it will be broken...

it seems like it will be slow moving, and having it canceled mid glide most likely makes you you fall without being able to recover anymore. the fact that you can change the angle could also offer a lot of strategies, so I can't wait to find out more about it.

over all, I love it, and it makes winged characters even better. Ridley will have it too, which is even cooler!

Sinn

Smash Lord
After thinking about it for a bit...I actually don't think that getting hit out of a glide will take away a character's Up B. If you look at the game already, getting hit after using your Up B will allow you to use it again, so...why wouldn't they allow it? Now, stopping the glide yourself MIGHT take away your third jump, but I somehow get the feeling that's not the case either; if you glide too far off one end of the stage, it would be way crappy to not be able to try to get back with a third jump.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Who here thinks that MKs normal-b is going to give him some lift somehow?
I don't know about giving him lift. Metaknight's recovery already seems godly enough without him having to need more help, however it could slow down his descent from being airborne and perhaps fend of some edge guarders.

-Knight

Darkurai

Smash Master
Who wants to bet that Meta-Knight will be so high up on the tier list that he'll be banned from tournaments?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Meta Knight looks like as if he has no projectile attacks. A shame, since nearly ALL the other combatanants have one. Overpowered, you say? I say nay nay.
Meta-Knight is a God...he doesn't need Projectiles....

Meta-Knight, God of Smash

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Meta Knight looks like as if he has no projectile attacks. A shame, since nearly ALL the other combatanants have one. Overpowered, you say? I say nay nay.
Yeah, to be honest, I don't get where this god-tier Meta Knight stuff is coming from.

I mean yeah, he's cool, and he seems to attack quickly, and he glides. But he's probably also really light, he may not deal too much damage, he looks to have a ridiculously short reach, and, as smashbot said, he doesn't seem to have a single projectile. Let's save tier talk for when the game is, like, you know, released.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Fine, but let's say he is up against Link, who has a plethora of projectiles. Would Meta Knight even be able to get into range? Well, let's see. Link has bombs, the ability to dodge (So does Meta Knight), a medium range spin attack, Bow n Arrows, a boomerang, and a ranged grab. Gee, Meta Knight SURE could get into range!

Thank you, Circus. That too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fine, but let's say he is up against Link, who has a plethora of projectiles. Would Meta Knight even be able to get into range? Well, let's see. Link has bombs, the ability to dodge (So does Meta Knight), a medium range spin attack, Bow n Arrows, a boomerang, and a ranged grab. Gee, Meta Knight SURE could get into range!

Thank you, Circus. That too.
I was joking about God...but he doesn't NEED projectiles...unless that's your only stradegy...

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Metaknight does seem **** good. He is one of my favorite game characters period. I am so glad he is in the game. I may end up maining him if there isn't another character announced that fits my playstyle better.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What will his throws be like?
Down Throw: Pillow Smother

Meta shoves his foe to the ground and suffocates him or her with Downy softness. He makes some shifty eyes afterwards and quietly moonwalks away.

T-major

Smash Champion
I was personally surprised when he didn't have a sword beam for a special attack. it's one of his signiture moves, (he even teaches it to Kirby in the anime) so I don't know why they didn't include it... the only reason I can see is that they're making his Final smash a "steroid sword beam", or didn't include it so he would be more balanced... or maybe they wanted to keep him close range oriented?

maybe his shuttle loop adds a sword beam element?

see that wave of energy? it looks to me like it's being sent forward along the ground (the dust makes it look like it's moving). so maybe when you use it, it sends a beam out. if you use it on the ground, it travels forward; if used in the air, it goes diagonally down and forward (dissapearing when it hits the ground).... or, it could just a trail of energy from the uppercut of the sword...

lawl, downy softness... :D

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
his combos looked really nice, I just hope he isnt TOO light.
naah... with all that armor he cant be too light. his weightll probably be about 3 or 4/10. i think im gonna use him alot. if u start with him, hes probably gonna b the 1st character i try out. hes my avatar. that was nice of nintendo to put him in Brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Finally we got Metaknight's profile.

Not too much was revealed about him from this update, though.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Perhaps tomorrow they will clue us in on some major plot point in Adventure mode that involves him. Could be why they waited so long. Note that they specifically made a point to say that his announcement was delayed for some time.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Many people will probably take that as "Yes! Meta Knight is unlockable." Or that's what I see people around here thinking. >_>

Really, I think it means something other then that. Though I'm not quite sure what.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Maybe he DOES have the copy thing and just never uses it...? If he IS the same as Kirby >.>

Or maybe he is of the same race as, like, Waddle Doo. They can't copy crap.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Maybe he DOES have the copy thing and just never uses it...? If he IS the same as Kirby >.>

Or maybe he is of the same race as, like, Waddle Doo. They can't copy crap.
I dunno. When he loses the mask, he certainly looks like a recolor of Kirby. Though that might be that the developers were lazy to make a custom sprite :laugh:.

But yes, the copy thing has always dazzled me. He looks to be pretty much the same as kirby, but never uses it... Well, maybe he's like me, he found a power he liked and doesn't really want to change (I can go for the whole game with Fighter power if nothing else is needed for opening secrets. I like it :)). So maybe that's why?

Top Bottom