• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight- *The Official Thread*

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Dude, they took most of his moves from Kirby Super Star, which is one of my fav games! I'm so glad he's got those moves. Mach Tornado was killer!

Now, if they take the music from his fight... that would be epicness...

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight will be the character update this week. Well thats just an educated guess.

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
wowwww

i think meta knight recovery will be awesome, just need to dont have a big lag that foward b

i1m starting to like this character

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
I'm so glad that we got a metaknight update, his moves look killer. The only thing is: did anyone notice a similarity between Metaknight's Up special and Marth's Up special?
yup
the MK up b is like a the marth one

but i think it was going to be roy vertical range, that's the impression i got looking in the pic

NukeA6

Smash Master
If Metaknight is unlockable, why hasn't Snake appeared in any of the screenshots during this summer? HE IS PLAYABLE FROM THE START!!

Forgive me if I appear rude or anything. Just pretty pissed off today.

GenG

Smash Lord
The irony is that we know more about Metaknight than most of character officially revealed.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I was given the impression that metaknights down b would be that quick backwards dodge he did in the original trailer against kirby. If thats not even a B move, then we could very well assume that now all the characters can quickly press backwards twice to do a backjump or backdodge or something like that, that positions them a few feet backwards while still facing forward?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Metaknight glides during his up B. He shoots up with his sword, does a backflip loop, and then glides downward toward the stage. It seems very effective in terms of covering distance, but fairly easy to edgeguard the glide.

Venoxxis.

Smash Cadet
I think Metaknight glides during his up B. He shoots up with his sword, does a backflip loop, and then glides downward toward the stage. It seems very effective in terms of covering distance, but fairly easy to edgeguard the glide.
pritty cool idea, i think thats true.
but after an "normal jump" its the same i think

T-major

Smash Champion
YES! it's official now! Meta Knight is going to be one of my mains! with not much info coming out on him, I decided to put him in my "maybe pile" instead of right out deciding I was going to use him. but after this I can say that I love him, and that I'm going to main him in Brawl!

his moves are sweet. mast of them seem to be taken from Kirby superstar, which is great, because in my opinion that was the best Kirby game.

the Shuttle loop: this has the same name as one of the moves that Kirby has when he gets the "Wing" power. I think it will be like that move (which if you don't know, is a backflip loop in the air, then a short dash forward), only with added Meta Knight flair. he will slash up (like Marth and Roy), then at the top he will loop around and fly forward a bit. he might go into the the glide, (which would make sense if his multi-jumps give him bad horizontal recovery) or he could just fall afterwards, and the glide could be performed another way. I'm guessing by holding the jump button like Peaches float.

Triple Dash: I LOVE THIS MOVE!!! if you didn't know, I love moves that involve lance-like impalement. this move looks like it will be fast, and (from the sound of the name) you will be able to change it's direction thrice. I also think it either A) won't be very powerful. or B) will be fairly powerful, but will have hardly no knock-back. either way, I'm going to spam this move like it's going out of style!

Mach Tornado: sweet! Meta Knights signature tornado move. this looks like it will be useful. I'm guessing you wont be able to move with it, (or maybe slightly move) and there might be some lag ending it; but it would pick up any items near you or thrown at you (like Link's bombs), and would throw them up into the air/in random directions. if someone walks into range of it, they will be either picked up and sent upwards, or blown away from you... thats how I see it working at least.

Dimensional Cape: Sweet again! a shield type move. I'm not sure how this would work, but from the looks and name, it seems like he goes into some sort of dimensional flux. I think that all projectiles (and maybe attacks?) will go through him when using it, and he will become harder to see (still slightly visible); but he won't be able to move while using it.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Mach tornado could still be a partial recovery move *shrug*.
I guess I was a little disappointed, since none of the moves obviously have some new, unique function that no other character has (though shuttle loop might be different).
I wonder if he'll be able to grab the edge while shuttle looping around? If he makes a full rotation and then glides, he won't be getting much vertical recovery besides his wings.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
YES! it's official now! Meta Knight is going to be one of my mains! with not much info coming out on him, I decided to put him in my "maybe pile" instead of right out deciding I was going to use him. but after this I can say that I love him, and that I'm going to main him in Brawl!

his moves are sweet. mast of them seem to be taken from Kirby superstar, which is great, because in my opinion that was the best Kirby game.

the Shuttle loop: this has the same name as one of the moves that Kirby has when he gets the "Wing" power. I think it will be like that move (which if you don't know, is a backflip loop in the air, then a short dash forward), only with added Meta Knight flair. he will slash up (like Marth and Roy), then at the top he will loop around and fly forward a bit. he might go into the the glide, (which would make sense if his multi-jumps give him bad horizontal recovery) or he could just fall afterwards, and the glide could be performed another way. I'm guessing by holding the jump button like Peaches float.

Triple Dash: I LOVE THIS MOVE!!! if you didn't know, I love moves that involve lance-like impalement. this move looks like it will be fast, and (from the sound of the name) you will be able to change it's direction thrice. I also think it either A) won't be very powerful. or B) will be fairly powerful, but will have hardly no knock-back. either way, I'm going to spam this move like it's going out of style!

Mach Tornado: sweet! Meta Knights signature tornado move. this looks like it will be useful. I'm guessing you wont be able to move with it, (or maybe slightly move) and there might be some lag ending it; but it would pick up any items near you or thrown at you (like Link's bombs), and would throw them up into the air/in random directions. if someone walks into range of it, they will be either picked up and sent upwards, or blown away from you... thats how I see it working at least.

Dimensional Cape: Sweet again! a shield type move. I'm not sure how this would work, but from the looks and name, it seems like he goes into some sort of dimensional flux. I think that all projectiles (and maybe attacks?) will go through him when using it, and he will become harder to see (still slightly visible); but he won't be able to move while using it.
I agree with that 100%!!! :grin:

T-major

Smash Champion
I think dmensional cabe is like a normal shield that doesnt brake or something, though it will be TOO cool, I rather see it as a reflector.
thats basically what it seems to be, but with a bit of a twist. you become less visible, and projectiles either go through you or dissipate (I don't think it will have a reflector like effect). I'm guessing you can still be hurt by regular attacks though, to keep it from being broken.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Hmm, I went back and took a look at the first trailer again. When Pit shoots his arrow at Metaknight and he uses his cape; 1 of the 3 the below senerio's happend.

1. Pit's arrow misses Metaknight and he only uses his cape as a safety precaution.

OR

2. The arrow that Pit shoots actually goes though Metaknight. ( You can actually hear the arrow hit the ground where Metaknight is standing ).

OR

3. I'm reading to much into the trailer. :/

Hong

The Strongest
xD It bothers me to know Meta Knight and Pit will be so overplayed on Brawls release. I either hope a cooler character is announced for people to flock to, or that he turns out not-so-good so that I can master him and prove otherwise. (I always choose underrated characters in games. :p)

Anyways, the reason I'm posting here is to post information on Meta Knight's seiyuu. I'm not sure if it has been posted in this thread, but Meta Knight will be voiced by Atsuchi Kisaichi, who can be heard playing the same character in the "Hoshi no Kaabii" anime series. He's quite good. You can hear two shorts grunts in the first trailer if you have the volume high enough. The worst that could happen, however, is if Eric Stuart, his English voice actor from the horrible, horrible dub "Kirby! Right back at ya!!!" does his voice for the English version of Brawl. In that event I believe I will cry. D:
Let us pray for our favourite winged swordsmen that he retains his Japanese voice.

Here's a sample of Meta Knight's seiyuu from Hoshi no Kaabii;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9zNTEopJec

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
xD It bothers me to know Meta Knight and Pit will be so overplayed on Brawls release. I either hope a cooler character is announced for people to flock to, or that he turns out not-so-good so that I can master him and prove otherwise. (I always choose underrated characters in games. :p)

Anyways, the reason I'm posting here is to post information on Meta Knight's seiyuu. I'm not sure if it has been posted in this thread, but Meta Knight will be voiced by Atsuchi Kisaichi, who can be heard playing the same character in the "Hoshi no Kaabii" anime series. He's quite good. You can hear two shorts grunts in the first trailer if you have the volume high enough. The worst that could happen, however, is if Eric Stuart, his English voice actor from the horrible, horrible dub "Kirby! Right back at ya!!!" does his voice for the English version of Brawl. In that event I believe I will cry. D:
Let us pray for our favourite winged swordsmen that he retains his Japanese voice.

Amen to that! I would cry for weeks if that english voice from "Kirby! Right back at Ya!" was Meta knight's Voice.:urg:

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
I didn't think it was possible to love this character anymore than I did...then today's update came

Keeping my fingers crossed that his glide will be like Peach's.

METAKNIGHT FTP !!! FEEL-THE-PWNSWORD!

MetaKnightmare

Smash Journeyman
Haunting your dreams, looking for cookies
Hmm, I went back and took a look at the first trailer again. When Pit shoots his arrow at Metaknight and he uses his cape; 1 of the 3 the below senerio's happend.

1. Pit's arrow misses Metaknight and he only uses his cape as a safety precaution.

OR

2. The arrow that Pit shoots actually goes though Metaknight. ( You can actually hear the arrow hit the ground where Metaknight is standing ).

OR

3. I'm reading to much into the trailer. :/
I personally think that it will be an extended sidestep dodge, and mamey he can move around a bit.;)

Kirby knight

Smash Lord

As of right now Metaknight is my favorite character on the Brawl roaster; unless Lyndis, Mikaya, or Isaac get in. :/ I'm sure Kirby will be seen as underrated because of this Metaknight hype.

Oh god.... ._. Eric Stuart... I'd die if he was Metaknight's voice actor. >_> it'll most likely happen too ;_;

Also I wonder if Kirby can now charge his hammer for more damage/power/KO potential/anything other than his melee hammer.; hopefully.

Hong

The Strongest
I'm planning on playing Kirby regardless since I've been with the series since NES. Though I played Kirby a lot more in Melee than SSB64 simply because everyone thought he had become entirely useless. I hope Kirby isn't improved too much. Just needs some work on his grabs and Inhale. :p

On that subject, I noticed in the trailers that Kirby's kicks stretch to roughly the length of Galaxia. I think Meta Knight will have superior speed and a disjointed hitbox, but Kirby will have hopefully better strength and special moves to balance this. It still comes to question if he can Inhale Meta Knight or, if present, King Dedede.

As for Dimensional Cape, another dodge is good enough for me. Why? If he can use it in the air, it's like getting an air dodge that doesn't put you into freefall! That'd make recovery against characters like Falco or Samus a lot easier.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I wish we could see Metaknight's Shuttle Loop in a video. It's really worrying me. I have no idea how it'll recover. And though people have suggested different things from Kirby Superstar about the move, I can't be completely sure about the move. Metaknight and Pit are the two characters I want to main the most right now (besides Pokemon Trainer aka. Everyone's New Main), so I'm hoping his UpSpecial doesn't ruin him.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Hey, everyone, I heard that Meta Kngith's Standard and Smash Special moves are a reference to Meta Knight's attack in Kirby Super Star and one of Kirby's attacks while weilding Master (MK's sword) in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, respectively.

Is this true? Because I can't remember.

Sinn

Smash Lord
A name like "Dimensional Cape" makes me think that he'll phase out of dimensions...which could be why a projective would go right through him.

And for the shuttle loop, perhaps he'll rise up, then at the top of his jump do a relatively small loop and shoot forward. That way he has some vertical AND horizontal recovery in there.

Stryks

Smash Hero
All the attacks seems similair to other great moves in a way:

Mach tornado: a less-reach spin attack, but has vertical range....

Shuttle loop: similair to marths upb, but if the gliding thing IS performed after the move, then its gonne be the ULTIMATE recovery character, multiple jumps, up b similair to marths and a gliding similair to peach's up b/floating jump

triple strike: i kinda see it as Fox's illusion, so expect more illusion recoverys, im guessing the triple strike is if u connect, if u do MK does 3 attaks...

dimensional cape: the new shine, well I believe it counters a projectile destroying it kinda like what happend in the 1st trailer, and I doubt it does damage ala shine, but u never know...

MK is on the verge to become the 1st banned character, if he continues to PWN in his moveset...

Hong

The Strongest
I think it's all too good to be true. I mean, if you looked at Roy or Mewtwo before Melee, they'd look like Godmode characters. Meta Knight will probably be a noob magnet along with Pit. Overplayed for the first few weeks of Brawl until his numbers die down.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I think it's all too good to be true. I mean, if you looked at Roy or Mewtwo before Melee, they'd look like Godmode characters. Meta Knight will probably be a noob magnet along with Pit. Overplayed for the first few weeks of Brawl until his numbers die down.
I agree with you, although I don't think Metaknight will end up as crappy as Melee Mewtwo, or simply out classed by an original like Roy. You never know though.

T-major

Smash Champion
Hey, everyone, I heard that Meta Kngith's Standard and Smash Special moves are a reference to Meta Knight's attack in Kirby Super Star and one of Kirby's attacks while weilding Master (MK's sword) in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, respectively.

Is this true? Because I can't remember.
that right. the moves come from both those games respectively. his up B might be a variation of one of Kirby's "Wing" moves, it has the same name, but that could just be a coincidence. also, I didn't know that the Triple dash was from amazing Mirror. thanks for having me look that up (YouTube FTW!)

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
From what I can gather from the E3 trailer on Metaknights down B Dimensional cape(I watched it many times, and freeze framed it equally many times, it seems to absorb projectile attacks and releases a spray of red particles in a 90 degree arc somewhat in the direction the attack came. not quite a reflector, but pretty close.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
From what I can gather from the E3 trailer on Metaknights down B Dimensional cape(I watched it many times, and freeze framed it equally many times, it seems to absorb projectile attacks and releases a spray of red particles in a 90 degree arc somewhat in the direction the attack came. not quite a reflector, but pretty close.
So something like Toad for Peach then?

And as for MK being overused and then becoming almost as bad as Melee M2...I think not. Let's just face it guys...MK is sweet! There's nothing he can do about it...he was just born that way. I'm with the person who said he may be banned...but then again Sakurai has been doing his best to balance the game. Since MK has sweet recovery, d-cape, fairly high speed and evasion and assumed good comboing ability then he'll probably be light and have poor kill moves.

I don't care...he's in and I'm going to play the freak out of him!

Sinn

Smash Lord
So...can you do his Up B after you use his glide...?

This could be the most awesome means of recovery ever put in the game.

EDIT: Ya know, with all this Metaknight related info we've gotten this week, does anyone think that they might, ya know, update his profile any time soon?

Top Bottom