• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

metalheads...flock to me.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
best beatles song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9SgDoypXcI

But zep is still better cause they're actually a rock band.
Honestly I would have to give The Rolling Stones the title of best overall rock band.....but don't get me wrong I love Led Zeppelin much, much more.

Anywho....metal you say?!

Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian Tool, and Dream Theater will always be my top favorite metal bands. I also enjoy to listen to Disturbed, Nine Inch Nails, Rage Against The Machine, System Of A Down, Black Sabbath, Danzig, Ozzy Osbourne, Priestess, The Sword, Primus, White Zombie, Buckethead, Yngwie Malmsteen, Angra, Dio, Helloween, Rhapsody Of Fire, Stratovarius, Coheed And Cambria, Queensryche, Savatage, Helmet, Mastodon, Judas Priest, Avenged Sevenfold, Symphony X, Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica, Pantera, and Iced Earth are just some of the more popular metal bands I listen to.

I personally don't like the growling, grunting, or screaming vocals in any form of music but I do not hold that against a band when I evaluate them and talk about them in a discussion. Side-Note: I hate Glam Metal :p

But yeah anyway I love many types of music and metal is one of them, throw those devil horns up guys :chuckle:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm into Industrial Metal and Alternative Metal the most... These are my favourite bands:
Static-X
System of a Down
Fear Factory
Disturbed
Ill Nino
Iron Maiden

In no particular order. I went crowd-surfing at the last Australian Static-X concert. SO AWESOME!

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
So do all of you think about death and destruction and ragggggggggaagghagurrraaaghagaghh?
actualy, i make that noise daily....weird...
@at comboking: hey stupid! the world is opinionated, if you cant stand the world just ****ing off yourself.
@"other guy who said stuff": metal is not a phase...those who listen to false metal would like you to believe that.
@ charmander: even load/reload?
@ everyone else: **** YOU and your beatles, i said metalheads flock to me, not idiots.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
*facepalm* I'm a huge metalhead, and I think the beatles are good. The beatles Invented rock. Without the beatles, there would be no rock.
thats a statement that has ABSOLUTELY no way to be proved.
theres no way to say that a different guy wouldnt come up with "rock"
before you make a claim like that, think a little bit.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
actualy, i make that noise daily....weird...
@at comboking: hey stupid! the world is opinionated, if you cant stand the world just ****ing off yourself.
Yet you go on calling people stupid and idiots based on their musical taste.
@ everyone else: **** YOU and your beatles, i said metalheads flock to me, not idiots.
bands like bullet and those other emo/punkish/metal things need to grow up or stop making music.
Somehow, metalheads always stand out with forcing their music tastes on others to me, always being the loud ******* that yells HEY YOUR MUSIC TASTE SUCKS.
I like people who listen to pop music a million times over you, because they don't constantly ***** about metal, just when they actually hear it, but no, you guys have to constantly call out pop music or anything else for that matter. "Oh, but I'm just voicing my opinion and if you don't like opinions you can **** off you ignorant kid, you dont know the true value of the only one religion music!!1" Well dear god, seems like you can't stand someone's opinion on music other than yours or even yours when it's negative.
You even deny yourself the expierence of listening to music other than metal, purely based on the genre.

It's quite sad, really.

Wrath`

Smash Master
At the time, no other band was even close to rock.
You know "rock" is a very broad Genre of music, to say no other band during the peak of the beatles was close to rock is like saying no other game was close to an FPS at the peak of halo.

There were many bands that were rock, stop being a fanboy

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman

Somehow, metalheads always stand out with forcing their music tastes on others to me, always being the loud ******* that yells HEY YOUR MUSIC TASTE SUCKS.
I like people who listen to pop music a million times over you, because they don't constantly ***** about metal, just when they actually hear it, but no, you guys have to constantly call out pop music or anything else for that matter. "Oh, but I'm just voicing my opinion and if you don't like opinions you can **** off you ignorant kid, you dont know the true value of the only one religion music!!1" Well dear god, seems like you can't stand someone's opinion on music other than yours or even yours when it's negative.
You even deny yourself the expierence of listening to music other than metal, purely based on the genre.

It's quite sad, really.
oh man, this is too easy. i didnt call out combo king cuz of his "music taste" i called him out because hes a ****ing idiot, to say he hates "opinionated crap" is to say he hates the fucing world, because its opinionated, *******.also, i never mentioned that anyone's music tatses suck, ive simply threw my OPINION at their tastes.
and no **** ill ***** about poptards especially since i said METALHEADS flock to me. and that value of "one real music" is BS too, mind you, i listen to raggae mother****er. and i love dean martin.
**** YOU.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
You're more or less refuting his point about metal-lovers being agressive and forcing their opinions onto others by dropping curse bombs everywhere in your post.

I'm not really a fan of heavy-metal, but my brother is. He likes to keep an open mind when it comes to music.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
You're more or less refuting his point about metal-lovers being agressive and forcing their opinions onto others by dropping curse bombs everywhere in your post.

I'm not really a fan of heavy-metal, but my brother is. He likes to keep an open mind when it comes to music.
im an aggressive person, it has nothing to do with my music. and i do have an open mind. i just havent enjoy'd alot of non metal, non punk music. its not that i disregard other musici just dont ****ing like it.

highfive

Smash Lord

It's quite sad, really.
oh man, this is too easy. i didnt call out combo king cuz of his "music taste" i called him out because hes a ****ing idiot, to say he hates "opinionated crap" is to say he hates the fucing world, because its opinionated, *******.also, i never mentioned that anyone's music tatses suck, ive simply threw my OPINION at their tastes.
and no **** ill ***** about poptards especially since i said METALHEADS flock to me. and that value of "one real music" is BS too, mind you, i listen to raggae mother****er. and i love dean martin.
**** YOU.
im an aggressive person, it has nothing to do with my music. and i do have an open mind. i just havent enjoy'd alot of non metal, non punk music. its not that i disregard other musici just dont ****ing like it.

Can't we all just get along?

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
lol i love when people say "you need to be more open minded to other music" when i say i hate a certain genre, but the fact is, i tried it out and tried to like it, but it sucks too hard

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
**** YOU.
My face after you pounded it into the ground and showed me every corner of the room;

highfive

Smash Lord
no, we cant get along. its the way of the world, stupid.
At least you have good grammar.

'cept you forgot to capitalize no at the beginning of the sentence. You also forgot the apostrophe in can't and in it's and you forgot to capitalize it's and stupid is not the politically correct term. The term you would use would be imbecile.

In fact:

No, we can't get along. It's the way of the world, imbecile.
Fixed so that other people can clearly understand the concept you tried to explain. I hope I don't have to dumb it down further for you.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
If you insist.

Just don't be too suprised when this is closed.

And when I said that my bro keeps an open mind towards music, I meant that not all metal-lovers are ignorant and bash other people's musical tastes.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
they are not overrated lol. If they are why are there a bunch of people thatr think they suck?
Because every song on the last two albums sounded exactly the same.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Valley of the ****ed and some of Sonic Firestorm, but they kinda suck now, lol.

I'm not going to bother arguing here; I'm just going to list some good bands.

Slayer
Testament
iwrestledabearonce
Between the Buried and Me
Sonata Arctica (woot symphonic power metal!)
Dream Theater
Metallica
All That Remains

I don't always listen to metal, but when I do, those are usually the bands that I listen to.

I just wanted to get that in before the flamefest closes the thread.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
At least you have good grammar.

'cept you forgot to capitalize no at the beginning of the sentence. You also forgot the apostrophe in can't and in it's and you forgot to capitalize it's and stupid is not the politically correct term. The term you would use would be imbecile.

In fact:

Fixed so that other people can clearly understand the concept you tried to explain. I hope I don't have to dumb it down further for you.
Well then...since you've become part of the Grammar Gestapo (yea...GG mofo's) i guess you should know that i've defeated you.
I didn't mean imbecile either, imbecile would put you just above mental *********** and i have said no such thing. Stupid, on the other hand, would imply that you're foolish, or senseless. If you're going to try to insult my intelligence with pointless corrections, at least do it right, stupid.

Top Bottom