• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MGC Championship Vegas 2010

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
On a side note...

Cheese should probably take into account that regardless of how much better he supposedly got at this game, he's managed to become less and less liked in the meanwhile. That's rough. The people who throw drama around here and there or know how to **** talk (Or are honestly straight *******es almost 100% of the time) still manage to have a large group of people who will readily defend their character as a person, and I'm talking about some straight up reviled players. You've managed to do no such thing and considering your money placing status that's even more notable because you should at least have people who are fakes to try to ride into the money with you or groupies hopping on your sudden rise in skill. In fact the only one I've ever seen defend you as a person at all is someone whose 3 biggest accomplishments to date are

1) running the worst national tournament brawl has seen
2) rigging brackets for his own benefit
3) again, rigging brackets for his own benefit

At this point if I were you I'd almost rather blue come back and jump to your defense, at least the distraction of inui being mad at him would keep people from the fact that the person defending you is also a crappy person himself.

You're not at the level where you're free to not give a **** what other people think, which is moot since your acting out has a very sad "look at me" feel to it.

PS I am terrible at this game so there's any relevant response at me.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Either way, it's M2K's and Ally's money, and they are allowed to distribute it whichever way they want.
the arguments dont matter as long as this is stated

its just cheese/chibo feeling butthurt and left out at this point

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Viridian- 80 entrants with 14 pages of posts in results thread.

Mgc Championship 2010 Vegas- 8 entrants with 17 pages in results thread.

LOL2GUD.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I know ya'll unanimously agreed not to, but a 7 way split of $6000 would've resulted in $857.14 for each player.

I personally would've done that if I was there. Woulda been a lot less salt flying around too, ya'dig?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So did M2K, Ally, Mike, and Lee all agree to a split while they were in DC, then renege on it the day before the tournament?

If so I can understand why Chibo and Cheese are upset.

If there was no initial agreement in place, then there's no reason to be upset.

Either way, it's M2K's and Ally's money, and they are allowed to distribute it whichever way they want.

I'm still curious about whether or not there was really a 7-way split in place at DC, both sides have said different things.
M2K, Mike, and Lee agreed to split while in DC. Ally was a "maybe."

I was with Cheese when we talked to M2K who specifically said "As long as first place gets at least $2500 then I'll agree to it."

Cheese talked to the others and afaik Lee had no problem with it whatsoever and agreed to it in an instant, though I don't know the details with Mike, however I do know that he did agree to it.

---

If they just wanna give people money from themselves as is, fine, we obv can't do anything about that. However when what's said is:
"No, we're not splitting with you. We're splitting just between us four, and that's it."
And mind you a split with people just because of people not based on any competitive placement at all. If it was instead we want top 4 paid out, then fine no prob there, the 4 of them should have done that and tried to all place in top 4. Instead it was, 2 of us are going to get top 2 and make sure we all get money and you don't.

napZzz

Smash Hero
what does it matter? It was ally/m2k's money, and they did what they wanted with it.

you made your point that you feel upset with their actions, and arguing further is pointless

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
And mind you a split with people just because of people not based on any competitive placement at all. If it was instead we want top 4 paid out, then fine no prob there, the 4 of them should have done that and tried to all place in top 4. Instead it was, 2 of us are going to get top 2 and make sure we all get money and you don't.
News flash, unless you place in those top 2 you have no say as to whether or not that's fair. The 4 of them decided that they had the best chance to make that money and it was THEIRS to do as they wished. Period. No questions asked. You had 2 places in the same 8 man bracket and you STILL had no say as to where the money went unless you won it, which you knew was not going to happen. If the other 6 people in the bracket said "**** it we're going to burn the money we just don't want YOU to have it", you STILL have no say. It's. Not. Yours.

Unfortunate? Yeah. Fair? Yes because it's theirs to do with as they see fit. You did your best to change the payouts in the ways you should have and after that it's just the whining of people who act like something they didn't earn should have been given to them just for being there. I'm on unemployment right now, you guys should look into it, it sounds right up your alley.*

*wait, no, technically I earned that money too so nevermind I guess you're SOL.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Lol coming from the bootleg version of Kage the Warrior, doesn't mean much.
If he didn't join the forum after me and I played Ganon you might of been on to something!

By that logic tho I guess KingKong will forever be a bootleg version of The King from Melee, we gettin exposed round hurr. Don't even get me started on people with Mew in their name :(

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Will ADHD win mlg dallas?
You already know.

I know that, but lol, Haze got money for last place and losing to me.
No, he got money because Ally chose to give him money, not because of his placing.

I wouldn't. He won the tournament with those payouts. It was the fact that four players got together to split money only between the four of them leaving out the three of us for seemingly no reason, seeming like they were conspiring against us.
Except, Ally really didn't need to conspire against anyone to win this tournament, except maybe Jason. As it stands, AT WORST he just neglected to extend his generosity to you. To me, he gave money to three other players for no reason. To you, you just feel left out from the biased perspective of someone who stood to gain.

Thursday night before Vegas I had a bunch of people over. Before they were leaving we were talking about Vegas and Ally said "If you beat Mike Haze round 1, I'll pay for your trip to Dallas." Xzax then asked if he could as well since we were trying to get there together, and Ally said yes. Even though I thought he was kind of joking, we asked him like 5 times and he assured us it was no joke and he would. Ally further confirmed it in this thread:

And what I'm saying is that him splitting with Mike (not sure why) has no effect on me and Xzax so I don't see why it cancels that deal.
Did he pull back on the deal before or after you played Mike??

True dat

he doesn't live in texas. Texas usually only splits if its me/lee in GF or if i win WF's simply because idc about money, never had. Look at any tourney where Razer's won WF's or Dojo's anywhere near the money, no splitting happened lol.

So yes texas does split, because Gnes makes them.
lol, get ***** TX

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Gee, I'm wondering when this thread will finally get past all this and leave it be. Come now, what's done is done. Yeah, it leaves a bad taste in the mouths of those involved, but in the end, it's just gonna be something that isn't important. I can see if say Chibo and Ally knew each other on a personal level, but the fact of the matter is - to one another - they're complete strangers they know not from a hole in a wall. Just accept that you two rarely see each other in person and let it go. Surely, there are more important things in your respective lives to worry about.

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
News flash, unless you place in those top 2 you have no say as to whether or not that's fair. The 4 of them decided that they had the best chance to make that money and it was THEIRS to do as they wished. Period. No questions asked. You had 2 places in the same 8 man bracket and you STILL had no say as to where the money went unless you won it, which you knew was not going to happen. If the other 6 people in the bracket said "**** it we're going to burn the money we just don't want YOU to have it", you STILL have no say. It's. Not. Yours.

Unfortunate? Yeah. Fair? Yes because it's theirs to do with as they see fit. You did your best to change the payouts in the ways you should have and after that it's just the whining of people who act like something they didn't earn should have been given to them just for being there. I'm on unemployment right now, you guys should look into it, it sounds right up your alley.*

*wait, no, technically I earned that money too so nevermind I guess you're SOL.
Rykos the best.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Did he pull back on the deal before or after you played Mike??
After.

When I beat Haze a few minutes later I saw Ally and said "about that deal..." and he said something along the lines of "No! Deals off, why would I pay for your flights if Mike Haze is in on the split and got money from me?"

A word or two might have been different from what he said, but he certainly did not call it off before hand.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I love how everyone that went to this tournament was vVv.

Our community is great, but it's becoming immature.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Sorry, my bad forgot about Ally/Fatal

Still, a group should be working together, not causing bull**** like this.
Especially if they are sponsered, wtf.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
This is why I don't go to tournaments.

Not that I can't drive or because I don't have money or because I live in the middle of ****ing nowhere Connecticut or because I'm bad at this game or because I'm usually busy. >_>

Oh wellz. I'm just gonna say that I'm proud of Fatal of slapping that ***, even if it was only a 7-man tournament. Most Dangerous Snake.

And that's all I'll say for right now.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Still, a group should be working together
Faulty logic. There is a prerogative as team mates, there is a prerogative as co-workers, and there's a prerogative as friends. vVv is not a typical crew, it's not a group of friends letting people in because theyre cool or good at the game.The people in there have little to no say who gets associated with them aside from leaving if they don't like someone. They're ****ing co-workers. They carpool to save gas, not because they enjoy eachother's company. They reply to the same e-mail groups to waste time until the end of the day, not because anyone gives a **** what funny little anecdote Chibo has on his way to slimeball his way into someone else's money, and at 5 o'clock they don't even go out for a beer together. They're not buddies, they're not partners, and they **** sure ain't friends.

Jason is the CEO to cheese being in the mail room, just because they go to the same building doesn't mean ****. Hell if they worked the same job and made the same pay grade, some watercooler talk doesn't mean **** as far as Jason's wallet goes. Furthermore, ally doesn't even work with them. He don't know those guys.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Our community is great, but it's becoming immature.
Well things like that tends to happen on all major forums. GameFAQs, Smogon and TCGplayer to name a few. You have to remember that with nigh 200,000 members, situations like this are bound to occur, even with the most respected top smashers. Still, I'm sure this is merely a "speed bump" that will get ironed out eventually. Drama always happens, and even in SWF, all threads are potential tinderbox explosions waiting to happen. So as long as the boards can recover from it, things should go smoothly in the end.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Chibo you ****ing liar, you came to our room before the tournament and it was clear that it was me mike m2k and lee splitting I CANT STAND ****ING LIAR LIKE THAT OMFG

You asked me about the deal after you beat Mikehaze but I was already cheering for mikehaze to beat you or not cuz I didnt give a **** who I had to play anymore. but that **** was already over since I told you we were 4 way splitting in the hotel room.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Is Chibo this stupid? ITS NOT ****ING TOP 4 GETS PAID ITS ****ING WHATEVER MONEY WE CAN GET WITH THE FOUR OF US. **** IM ABOUT TO CRACK SOME HEADS
:urg: ... Don't get Snake mains angry, they'll purchase frag granades from the Black Market and camp in your backyard until you wake up for school/work.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo you ****ing liar, you came to our room before the tournament and it was clear that it was me mike m2k and lee splitting I CANT STAND ****ING LIAR LIKE THAT OMFG

You asked me about the deal after you beat Mikehaze but I was already cheering for mikehaze to beat you or not cuz I didnt give a **** who I had to play anymore. but that **** was already over since I told you we were 4 way splitting in the hotel room.
Is Chibo this stupid? ITS NOT ****ING TOP 4 GETS PAID ITS ****ING WHATEVER MONEY WE CAN GET WITH THE FOUR OF US. **** IM ABOUT TO CRACK SOME HEADS
I know it wasn't a top 4 split and it was a split between you four players, which is what had us angry. I said over and over if it was a top 4 split instead regardless of who got top 4 there wouldn't have been an issue really.

Also, obviously we went to your hotel room before the tournament. I've said that numerous times. You never once though withdrew your deal about me beating Haze. We went from it being a real deal at my apartment on Thursday to you withdrawing it after I beat him on Saturday.

Top Bottom