• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MI revival (RAGEquaza07's bimonthlies) #3.1 Lets try this again :V

JTsm

Smash Master
I might go, but I would have to see when the date gets closer.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I was really hoping you would use a picture of snake's bair when u typed "soakin them bears"

:phone:

What's The Point

Smash Master
Non-Saturday tournaments are fine but you have to realize that they aren't Saturday/real tournaments. People have **** to do on weekdays. Start it at like 6 and only have singles. It's small so time shouldn't much of an issue and you can eliminate pools if needed. Maybe I watch too much FG streams but you should try and see if you can make it a weekly or biweekly. You aren't going to get people to do a full day tournament on Friday, especially because Rayqauza is the host, but if you make it more of a regular evening smash gathering with a tournament mixed in people will come. I can already imagine zyth/ron, Ori, and Rizk all going each week, maybe some Tech, maybe those Detroit players, maybe some Gameyard people as regulars.
Seriously, like 5 people will show up before 5. Just start it later and only do singles. Make it a (bi)weekly thing. That way you will get tournaments you can actually attend and money you assume you will get for free and the non-AA people will have something to go to every week or so.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ray I hope you actually are listening to the real suggestions people are giving you.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
This 1st one I do not expect more than 8 to show up for dubz and not more than 20 for 1vs1 because some ppl still are in school.

Wouldn't 1 brawl tourney a week be too much?

What's The Point

Smash Master
This 1st one I do not expect more than 8 to show up for dubz and not more than 20 for 1vs1 because some ppl still are in school.
You're very likely to get less than what you expect for both.

Wouldn't 1 brawl tourney a week be too much?
These are weekday tournaments (Friday still counts). They aren't real tournaments. Think of it more as a (bi)weekly get together to play smash that has a tournament mixed it. People like Rizk and Zyth are always talking about wanting to play more in that general area. Then all the other SE MI people might drop by every other week, plus a lot easier to get random Gameyard locals if it's a constant thing you do with the Gameyard guy.

JTsm

Smash Master
I don't think people will be too happy to pay $10 either.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
I would like to host REAL tournaments

because MI needs them outside of ann arbor for the pplz who cannot stay there (like me) to 2 am

What's The Point

Smash Master
Then you would reduce it to $5. And it wouldn't have to be every week. Every other week could work as well. I also think Thursday would be a better day.

Not everything has to be a Phoenix Saga. There's nothing wrong with small tournaments. But they should not last all day.

I would like to host REAL tournaments

because MI needs them outside of ann arbor for the pplz who cannot stay there (like me) to 2 am
Then get a real venue on a real day. Nobody on SWF likes Gameyard as a real tournament venue and any day but Saturday simply won't get as many attendance.

But the cards you have are apparently Gameyard and Friday. May as well maximize that for something completely legit. It may be all the FGC streams but weeklies are awesome.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
If u have a suggestion with one withing 30 minutes of my house then plz tell me.

It is seriously lame that gameyard does not do these on sat anymore

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If u have a suggestion with one withing 30 minutes of my house then plz tell me.

It is seriously lame that gameyard does not do these on sat anymore
That is a TO's responsibilty to find a venue. If You want to host, You need to find a venue that is reliable, flexible, and is ideal for those in attendance.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Can't see this being good for MI Brawl. I've always said there is such a thing as too many tourneys. There just isn't room for a third series after Ori's summer events and Tech's PS events.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
Having a tourney every week during the summer wouldnt be a bad thing for a state that has about 1 a month

As far as this tourney goes Ill see how the turnout is. Worst happens is that 4 pplz show up but nice thing is I do not have to pay anything for the use of gameyard besidies the collected venue fees

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Having a tourney every week is a terrible idea. It lowers the average turnout per tourney and isn't conducive to possible hype for any given event, providing zero incentive for OoS players to come and a lot of frustration for those who work weekends to decide on which days to take off. There shouldn't be more than one tourney per month, or if there is, it should be made clear which events are intended to be locals and which events are intended to be larger.

What's The Point

Smash Master
A Saturday tournament every week is amazing if they are geographically spaced apart. Something like local Grand Rapids, local West Bloomfield, the big tourney for that month, then local AA would be a great schedule. A tournament every week means more people will play overall per month. Having 60 people play total is better than having 40 people play once. People who can't get off work and people who have trouble travelling have more opportunities to go to tournaments. OoS people should be directed to the big tournaments.

Plus the weeklies I am talking about are on week days and should go from 6-10. Basically smashfests with a tournament included.

yoooooooooooooooooooooo

thank you for your donations
lol **** i just revealed SK is actually my alt

also WOW at ori and rage actually MMing sk and tech

me and zinoto BODIED them in dubs. actually i bodied them and zinoto pretty much just sat there and watched. it wasnt necessary for him to do anything :yeahboi:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I haven't heard many good things about gameyard and it's on a Friday, so I probably will pass this one up.

I like that you're taking an initiative though Ray, good stuff. If the turnout is good I'll consider future ones.

What's The Point

Smash Master
As far as this tourney goes Ill see how the turnout is. Worst happens is that 4 pplz show up but nice thing is I do not have to pay anything for the use of gameyard besidies the collected venue fees
That cannot be true. If there aren't enough people to give you venue fees do you think the owner will be fine with you not giving him the money he expects? You are going to end up sitting alone in Gameyard till 4 and the owner will want you to pay out of pocket.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321473

That is what you should try and replicate.

You have Gameyard on Fridays hosted by Rayquaza. I'm sorry but that entire sentence is a joke. You aren't going to get a real tournament. None of the regular smashers are interested. The only thing you have is maybe random locals (Unlikely since I doubt the owner cares to advertise) and maybe some regular smashers will want to play just because PS4 is next week. I'm not trying to be a **** but I'm certain this is going to fail spectacularly and think you are better off just cancelling this.

Top Bottom