• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MI revival (RAGEquaza07's bimonthlies) #3.1 Lets try this again :V

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
"That cannot be true. If there aren't enough people to give you venue fees do you think the owner will be fine with you not giving him the money he expects? You are going to end up sitting alone in Gameyard till 4 and the owner will want you to pay out of pocket."

I realize that the venue is not good by any means but the redeeming quality is that I do not have to pay anything if no one shows up (I have talked to him before so I know this).

"People who can't get off work and people who have trouble travelling have more opportunities to go to tournaments."

This is why I m trying to host some that are close to Garden City area since I cannot stay to 3 A.M. in ann arbor.

If anyone knows of a venue close to Canton or Garden City please pm me. I can always host somewhere else, but I am ignorant of the location of other venues near Canton. I will not host anything at my house though :L

9 page hype XD

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
The worst venue would be outside of gameyard :X

if school is a major issue, I could always move the start time till 2 p.m. because the tourney will probably not take over 10 hours

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ray you should really consider what WTP has said. This may be a good opportunity for you to run a tourney and what not, but you are doing 2 things that are kinda not good.
1. Hosting a "tourney" on a day that isn't Saturday
2. Using a venue that has screwed us over.

I think you need to do some research before you host. I hate to say this but this is looking like a failure.

I will try to get here, but chances of this picking up are slim to none. This summmer is going to be packed for MI with events happening in and OoS.

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I have no clue about anything in that area. Your best bets for potential venues are Church's Meeting rooms, Community Centers, College Meeting rooms, School rooms etc.

:phone:

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
Well, I have just recieved some exciting news. I can host this on sat @ gameyard if more people would be willing to come then ( it does eliminate the majority of the problem)

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
I have been there like 5 times. It is awful when it gets over 40 people, but since we are just doing a local with less than 20 people I do not think we will have to worry much about the overcrowding or lack of tvs.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
so is every ok with me moving it to the 9th instead of the 8th? because I can host it on either day

and it will be good practice for PS4 even if not a whole lot of people show up

What's The Point

Smash Master
Well, I have just recieved some exciting news. I can host this on sat @ gameyard if more people would be willing to come then ( it does eliminate the majority of the problem)
It's still Gameyard and hosted by Rayquaza. Saturday will probably help but it will still likely be a small tournament. I still suggest starting it past 2.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
yeah I was thinking that^

it is good that we fix this tourney now instead of a week before the day

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Just give Rayquaza a try. This similar situation happened when Rizk announced his first Rizk'in tourney.

Also, yes. Please move the date to the 9th. Therefore, I'll be there.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
This being on Saturday is a HUGE improvement and boost everyone's chances of coming and this turning into a success. Like WTP, I am also in favor of this being a singles only tourney I feel this will be a large smashfest with a tourney being featured. I will also be an advocate for this starting around 2. It would be nice to start at 2, but I think a start time of 1pm would be more ideal and we could still be out of here at a relatively nice time. Maybe even do a smash side event if people wanna stay around.

I now look forward to this, and I am still offering my help.

I will also bring a setup.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
Well I just called gameyard back to confirm after an employee said that I would be able to host on sat "ABSOLUTELY"

owner was ghey and said no >________>

so back to friday

so singles only?

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
I will not be attending this since I found out Michigan isn't within one-hour walking distance from my house :I

choco too lazy :pichu:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Well I just called gameyard back to confirm after an employee said that I would be able to host on sat "ABSOLUTELY"

owner was ghey and said no >________>

so back to friday

so singles only?
Lol Gameyard. Ally trying to take all of MI money. I see you :denzel:

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
I hype for 8 min timers and 50 ledge grabs :L

zyth, you and ron going to show up for this? I moved the time so it will not interfere with school.

Top Bottom