• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miami Brawl Singles Tournament Dec 4th!

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I just found out that the one running this tournament is the same guy who disqualified 8-bit out of his last tournament for turning off tap jump with no prior warning.

NoXplode

Smash Cadet
No we said no control modification last time... he brought a modded controller AND changed his controls.

we warned everyone before it started.. he denys it but. believe me... everyone clapped when he left.

The last tourney Am4jorge threw turned out great.. so should this one.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
No we said no control modification last time... he brought a modded controller AND changed his controls.

we warned everyone before it started.. he denys it but. believe me... everyone clapped when he left.

The last tourney Am4jorge threw turned out great.. so should this one.
No. You said no controller modifications. 8-bit doesn't own a modded controller. Changing controls and having a modded controller are two different things. You can turn off tap jump in the options. You don't need a modded controller for that.

Every detail I've heard about that last tournament was negative. Why would I, or anyone I know, want to go to a tournament run by people who know nothing about the game.

Everyone clapping when he left just proves how you're all jerks and why we shouldn't go to this even more.

NoXplode

Smash Cadet
Well that's what we meant by that.. IMO 8-bit knew what we were saying, I mean.. everyone else did lol. but just for people that aren't as quick... we have stated the rules a lot more clearly.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Well that's what we meant by that.. IMO 8-bit knew what we were saying, I mean.. everyone else did lol. but just for people that aren't as quick... we have stated the rules a lot more clearly.
Apparently, he didn't. He wouldn't have gotten kicked out if he did. He told me that if he knew you guys meant "no going into the options that are in the game to change your controls" he wouldn't have turned tap jump off.

By saying "for people that aren't as quick" you're showing some pretty negative emotions towards 8-bit. I think you guys are angry that he was beating your friends so you picked on something he did to get him kicked out.

NoXplode

Smash Cadet
There is nothing we can do about what happened at the tournament LAST March... If you want to hold grudges ok fine by me but this is here and now, and so is this tournament. End of discussion

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
There is nothing we can do about what happened at the tournament LAST March... If you want to hold grudges ok fine by me but this is here and now, and so is this tournament. End of discussion
Haven't you learned in history class that we study the past to try to predict the future and prepare for it?

You can't throw away bad experiences as things that have just happened. Nothing gets better.

LOL at this random kid saying it's the end of the discussion. This discussion ends when I want it to end.

im setting my grab to x and turning tap jump off. -_-
You're going to get disqualified and laughed at by scrubs.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
it doesnt make sense? if the game ALLOWS me to change my controls why shouldnt i play comfortably with those controls and be at a handicap to another player? tho it makes no difference to me.

NoXplode

Smash Cadet
He's not going to get disqualified because Am4jorge is allowing modifications so scrubs like you won't cry about it END OF DISCUSSION

Ay dios mio.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
it doesnt make sense? if the game ALLOWS me to change my controls why shouldnt i play comfortably with those controls and be at a handicap to another player? tho it makes no difference to me.
Exactly, it's ridiculous.

They were just embarrassed that they were losing so badly.

He's not going to get disqualified because Am4jorge is allowing modifications so scrubs like you won't cry about it END OF DISCUSSION

Ay dios mio.
How are we suppose to trust either of you since you went back on your word at the last tournament.

Scrubs like me? There's no need to get angry, little one. We're simply talking about the tournament like you asked. ;-)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
OK guys, no more flaming or I'm going to start throwing out points

This applies to everyone.

*serious*

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
im setting my grab to x and turning tap jump off. -_-
you guys cant disqualify people by changing the settings in game. i use these exact settings (grab to X and tap jump off). and my 3 other friends that are entering the tourney uses tap jump off. you cant possibly disqualify 4 people because of modifications of the control scheme within the game.

thats just not cool

:/

although i think i've been misreading this thread and you guys are actually gonna allow different control schemes this time, since you've probably learned the idiocy last time you banned modifications.

and on a side note, theres a very good chance im bringing brawl and my wii with my hd cables, just so there can be at least one lagless tv.

Am4Jorge

Smash Apprentice
Money matching and controller modifications are allowed. After the last one I did realize a lot of players take tap jump off, I actually started doing it myself.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Controller modifications and changing controls are allowed? I can bring a turbo controller to play?

Am4Jorge

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I don't see how it can help you and I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic but yeah knock yourself out.

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
Breaking out of grabs.
you mean the turbo controller will instantly press every button on every frame to break out of the grab faster, right? or something like that?

anyway, why dont you bring a turbo controller if you have one; TO just said you can bring one.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
you mean the turbo controller will instantly press every button on every frame to break out of the grab faster, right? or something like that?

anyway, why dont you bring a turbo controller if you have one; TO just said you can bring one in the above post :D
People could mod controllers to do that. I've seen people play smash on a street fighter stick before.

Are those aloud?

Fooga

Smash Cadet
People could mod controllers to do that. I've seen people play smash on a street fighter stick before.

Are those aloud?
No tommy, they're not aloud. And ABOUT the last tourney, we kicked 8-Bit not because of changing controls, but because of a modded controller. Everyone seems to be getting this story mixed around. Yes, we didn't allow control changing, but he was using some imported controller without a spring. It allowed him to play as if tap jump was off, even though it was on.

Now maybe it all was just a misunderstanding, but Jorge and I have talked and decided to change up the rules and allow changing controls. But saying that we kicked 8 Bit out because we were losing is kind of a stupid accusation, considering I did pretty well. We used to go to FIU tourneys all the time, and Me and Jorge would usually be up against each other in the final match. So yes, we most likely know just as much about the game as you do.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
No tommy, they're not aloud. And ABOUT the last tourney, we kicked 8-Bit not because of changing controls, but because of a modded controller. Everyone seems to be getting this story mixed around. Yes, we didn't allow control changing, but he was using some imported controller without a spring. It allowed him to play as if tap jump was off, even though it was on.

Now maybe it all was just a misunderstanding, but Jorge and I have talked and decided to change up the rules and allow changing controls. But saying that we kicked 8 Bit out because we were losing is kind of a stupid accusation, considering I did pretty well. We used to go to FIU tourneys all the time, and Me and Jorge would usually be up against each other in the final match. So yes, we most likely know just as much about the game as you do.
So how did you actually find out that his controller was modded?

something else is wrong with that post too...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Fooga said:
Give it a rest with Jorge's tourney and quit telling people to "Keep it up with the negative stuff"
I was just saying that so that nobody good goes to this, so I can win free money. Plus, who are these people? I only told Tommy G.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion

You cannot mod a controller to make it play with tap jump off without setting the option to do so. Besides, why would anyone take the time to mod the controller to do something like that when there's an option to take it off in the game.

Really? because I've never heard of you, but it's not like I was a top player at FIU before I moved.

And is there anyway for the mods to delete the posts with the pics of the kid having a stroke?
Nope. My picture is here to stay, unless of course, your group's little fake troll account deletes it on its own. I do think very highly of myself, but I'm definitely not that narcissistic to post it back up.

I love your double post btw.

Are we allowed to bring modded copies of Brawl? like texture hacks, changes in music, and character select screen redesigns. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I don't want another incident of someone getting kicked out for some stupid rule that never existed(I'm looking at you Nick Riddle.)

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
If this is the mall I'm thinking of, its 4 blocks away from my house :p I'll probably go....unless I'm tight for cash.

Top Bottom