• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Ball Z 2 April 17 Waterford, MI

Boxxy

Smash Lord
Where?
Community Presbyterian Church 4301 Monroe Street, Waterford MI 48329
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Wa...eocode=ADDRESS
This will be in the basement of the church. Fliers will be up to lead you to the place. We should have plenty of tables and seats. IMPORTANT FOR PARKING! Park in the parking lot across from Coats funeral home. Other entrance will be locked!

Times

Venu opens: 11 am
Brawl Doubles: 12:30pm
Brawl Singles will start when we are 75% done with doubles
Melee Singles: 1 pm
Melee Doubles: After Melee Singles

We might hold pools if there are enough people that show up.

Costs
$5 Venu fee
$10 Brawl Singles fee
$10 Brawl Doubles fee (per person)
Pay out is
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

WE DO NEED WIIS, TVS, GAMES, AND POWER STRIPS. If you bring a full set up (wii+tv and copy of brawl/TV+cube/wii and melee) then the venu fee will be removed. If you bring either a wii with brawl or just a TV the fee will be reduced to $3.

BRAWL
Rules

3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"
All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Stalling is banned.
Team attack is set to ON for doubles
Life stealing is allowed for doubles

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Procedure
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match (Double blind character selection may be called for the first match)
2. The First Stage is chosen
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Stage list
Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes (maybe)
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair

All other stages are banned. Any stage is playable if all players agree to it.

MELEE
Venue Fee: $5
Singles: $10
Teams: $10 per person

Payout
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

4 Stock
8 Minute timer
Items are set to "off"
Team Attack ON for teams
Wobbling is allowed
Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch is banned
Techniques such as Jigglypuff's rising pound or Peach's wall bomber are permitted only for recovery purposes, but banned for any stalling purposes.

-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players

-Players may choose to have a double-blind pick for the first match (telling someone what character they'll be picking that is not their opponent), Basically how this works is you have a person not playing come over and you tell them who you will be picking, then after that your opponent will tell the same person who they will be picking, after this both player will pick the character they have said to the agreed personel. Failure to pick the character they were supposed to will result in a forfeit of match one.

-Controller Port disputes are settled via Rock Paper scissors. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-Players are allowed to ban ONE stage before the first match. Whether it be neutral or a counterpick stage is up to them.

-After match one. The loser will pick their counter-pick stage. immediately after the winner will choose their character. and then the loser can choose theirs. The winner cannot switch upon seeing the loser's character selection.

-"Coaching" (the act of telling a friend what to do in a tournament situation) is not allowed DURING a match. You can however give them advice inbetween matches (like where to counterpick, what they're doing wrong, etc.).

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.

Smash bros 64 rule
* Generally best 2 out of 3 (using 3 out of 5 or sometimes 4 out of 7 for finals)
* Double Elimination
* 5 stock
* 10 minute time limit, if it is possible, most emulators don't have time limit
* Items are turned off
* Handicaps are off
* The first match is selected randomly excluding Yoshi's Island, Sector Z, Planet Zebes, and Mushroom Kingdom.
* Mushroom Kingdom, Sector Z, Yoshi's Island are usually banned: Mushroom Kingdom for pipe spamming/edge camping, Yoshi's Island for cloud camping and projectile camping, and Sector Z for the size and the Arwing lasers. Planet Zebes is sometimes banned as well, for the acid.

* The loser of each match picks the stage for the next match excluding the illegal stages listed above.
* If Saffron City is selected on the first round and one of the players is using Ness, he or she may request a re-pick.

* However, if the Ness player wins the match, his/her opponent may counterpick Saffron City.

* The loser cannot choose a stage on which a previous match was played (known as "Dave's stupid rule"). Due to the low number of allowed stages in this game, this is often weakened to the loser cannot choose the stage on which the last match was played.

* For the first match, characters are chosen double-blind - at the same time, so that neither player knows their opponent's character beforehand.
* Players may re-pick characters after each match. However, the loser of each match gets to pick last (known as slob picks).

If anyone needs to get in contact with any of us, or if you will be showing up late CALL ONE OF THESE NUMBERS!

Boxxy's cell: 248-202-2609
Ori's cell: 248-494-0368
Xatic's cell: 585-698-5341

There is free parking in the big parking lot and we will be selling some food and pop/waters. If you plan to smoke or something, do it in the parking lot and preferably in your car. NO DRUGS AT ALL (LAIN)

Last time, this ran quickly. If we can get it to run quickly again (and not waste time with pools lol) then i'll try to get some side stuff going, preferably like draft crews.

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman
Sweet! Wobbling is allowed! Get ready moose >;D This time the game is mine. Your my new rival :D

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
yay another tourney in my backyard.
I'm getting dead last in melee singles because I'm ****ing awful at this ****ty game. ****ing scrub *** game.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Cool :D If I get that Saturday off of work, I want to come to this. (At least I have one so I can come to these more often) :)

IrisKong

Smash Lord
you need to finalize your list for stages because I usually try to practice with the counter picks that will be used at the next tourny.

(No Japes, even though its a CP for me, get Notra mad, lol)

BigDaddy4

Smash Journeyman
I might come to this and i'll possibly be bringing Flame and Azure (hopefully one of them will team with me lol). Last time this was fun, but the sooner this is confirmed the better because I believe my finals might be close to those dates @_@

oh and pools was a waste of time last time, if everyone is gonna get out like last time then dont waste your time with pools please. Draft Crews would be nice and this time i'll try to play Smash 64 before the tourney instead of me trying to figure out the controls again on the VC while playing.

SoiGreg

Smash Journeyman
I might come to this and i'll possibly be bringing Flame and Azure (hopefully one of them will team with me lol). Last time this was fun, but the sooner this is confirmed the better because I believe my finals might be close to those dates @_@

oh and pools was a waste of time last time, if everyone is gonna get out like last time then dont waste your time with pools please. Draft Crews would be nice and this time i'll try to play Smash 64 before the tourney instead of me trying to figure out the controls again on the VC while playing.
They did pools for seeding?

Boxxy

Smash Lord
yeah cause we were going to do it so that no one got out, but then tio didnt like that so we just made the bracket and still finished at a pretty good time. So if we do chose to do pools that wont happen again lol

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
April 17th = I can go, and also drive all of Ann Arbor
April 24th = I can't go, Ann Arbor people are screwed

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
ill hop on the 17th bandwagon as well.

anyone wanna do Brawl Dubs?
Xatic, BagDaddy, anyone?

Boxxy

Smash Lord
trying for the 17th (which is most likely), but won't know for sure until tomorrow. Again, we will be selling pop and hot dogs and all the proceeds will go to a charity to be named at a different time

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
trying for the 17th (which is most likely), but won't know for sure until tomorrow. Again, we will be selling pop and hot dogs and all the proceeds will go to a charity to be named at a different time
Chile? ?

Marshmallowman

Smash Apprentice
ill be coming to this, but i'll definitely need to carpool 1 or 2 people for gas money. lcancel do you need a ride if your coming?

Top Bottom