• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit Championship Results 1/17/09

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Is this the same Domo that went to Oh snap and teams with Ky >_>...

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol, I like how the only people I've heard say that he's better are the KS people and the people who want to passionately make love with OS's ***... you're obviously not going to say that I'm better because it would bring the image of your god terrible MK (as far as MK standards are concerned) down a notch :)

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
wow bowyer u sure love to keep tootin your own horn.... hey guys u think if we ignore him he will go away? i mean thats wat little kids do and hes actin like one still.... so u guys see my logic with this lol.

im really sorry about the double post... :(

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I love this game...be careful of what you say Ankoku is giving people points for changing subjects that prevent arguing from continuing. But Domo is good and we are far from being disappointed that he had a high placing....i commend him cause he's good...and why you keep pickin at domo bowyer?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
wow bowyer u sure love to keep tootin your own horn.... hey guys u think if we ignore him he will go away? i mean thats wat little kids do and hes actin like one still.... so u guys see my logic with this lol.
lol, I apologize to anyone who doesn't get my humor... Unless I'm provoked or taking part of a serious discussion, not much of what I say is serious.

edit: I guess it couldn't hurt to put in my sig until people get to know me a bit better lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
yup its me hylian. and my boy ky is on here too.
Oh :).

Good ****!

You must of improved a lot :). I likes. I hope to play you and Ky in teams again soon...I had a lot of fun in that set haha. Also, Ky is the only pit I don't hate fighting because he actually fights me XD.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I love this game...be careful of what you say Ankoku is giving people points for changing subjects that prevent arguing from continuing.
Your post in particular had nothing to do with anything. One point for minor spam is hardly something to get butthurt over.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I remember Bowyer essentially interviewing me for my credentials as a doubles partner and then choosing someone else... And internet humor is sometimes hard to get with the lack of tone in text, you know. :[

Kel, we need to team next time so I can feed you the dreidel...

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I remember Bowyer essentially interviewing me for my credentials as a doubles partner and then choosing someone else... And internet humor is sometimes hard to get with the lack of tone in text, you know. :[
I interviewed a lot of people for their credentials :/ I'm sorry if that bothered you...

Nicole

Smash Champion
So I'm pretty slow on the uptake, and I kinda missed the boat, but at least I got to read through 15 pages of drama. Don't let my shout-outs interrupt you guys :p

-Clel: It was fun playing you in singles! Next time, I'm banning BF, that was ****...Thanks for playing me and ASC in doubles friendlies too, and for kicking our a$$es on our own counterpick!

-Domo: Dude you got THIRD!!! Awesome. I wish we could've stayed to watch your matches with OS. GGs in doubles, I don't think we're gonna CP norfair again :(

-Inferno: Thanks for all the friendlies, and for showing me that GW trick against DDD. Also, thanks for letting Legan and I eat your chicken prize :)

-AZ: You probably don't even remember, but we played Diddy dittos and you ***** me HARD. But I learned alot from playing/watching you. Thanks for taking time to play against my n00b Diddy!

-KY: Thanks for watching my matches and cheering me on! I hope you ran over that ******* controller of yours and got a new one. We need to actually play each other sometime!

-Xisin: Thanks for the rematch friendlies on Saturday, since I was falling asleep during our matches on Friday! (Johns!) Hope to see you again at another tourney!

-Zeton: Best fox in the Midwest, WHAT?! We're gonna have to do a friendly where we actually play our mains sometime, even though your Fox combos scare me.

-Legan: Chicken rematch - we're gonna throw down! I will single-nanner you into oblivion. But seriously, thanks for being at least 1/4 of my cheering section! See you in StL!

-Steeler: Thanks for the friendlies, your Squirtle is sick as always. I wanted to play you and Legan in doubles, maybe next time. I want a GW/PT rematch in Wichita, I feel confident that I can lose less!

-Kit, Jordan, and Cookie: Our "bro" trip In-Diana was too fun, especially since we had 80-hour energy, and only we thought the In-Diana joke was funny. I can't wait for our K-vegas tournament, where hopefully the power won't go out on the TV you're winning your doubles match on, and Kit won't fall through the middle of Norfair. Cookie, thanks for being such a loyal doubles partner even though I sucked it up, I'm gonna put a stop to that ****.

Sorry if I forgot anyone, this took longer than expected, and I have to go to class!

AfroQT

Smash Master
Bowyer, you're probably the worst MK in the midwest that actually mains MK and is considered a viable tournament player. Just sayin'.

*poke* *poke* *poke*

I do'nt know what you guys are takling about anyway. You're arguing about who is the second best metaknight. Domo would obviously have wiped the floor with you that day in tournament, of that there is no doubt. Who cares if you can beat him when you're fully prepped, rested, not hungry, perfect temperature, perfect mood? You're not, and you didn't allow yourself to be.

I wear turtle beach headphones or an ipod when I play. Why? I went to a tournament and people screamed at me when I was playing against Tink. An entire room full of people saying "You suck OS!" and "Go Tink!"; the two or three people on my side remained mostly silent. That's bad for your game. Now I hear Zach scream in my ear things like "war within a breath; it's that or death". Whose fault is it that I got affected by other people screaming? Mine. Who fixed it? Me.

I once lost a tournament match simply because my hands were cold. I remember clearly being unable to move my hands as I'd like. Now, when it is cold, I wear gloves. If I do not have gloves, I run my hands under hot water for a few minutes until they are warm and then make sure I can move them properly. I also routinely keep my hands in my pockets or under my armpits to keep them warm. Whose fault was it that my hands were cold? Mine. Who fixed it? Me.

I once couldn't get any sleep because it was ridiculously cold and I did not have a pillow. I expected to lay down on a couch or a floor somewhere with my blanket and be fine. I was not. I now take an actual sleeping bag and have a hoodie in my backpack I can sleep in as well. If I need to, I can use my jacket or a hoodie as a pillow. I also have an emergency blanket and pillow in my car "just in case". I used to also have issues going to sleep because I was having toooo much fun! Now I say "screw all y'all" and go to bed while everyone is up having fun. I'm there to win, and I get to go to sleep. I don't stretch my day out as long as possible and then get upset when I'm woken up "too early"; I should have gone to bed earlier in the first place! Whose fault is it when I was tired? Mine. Who fixed it? Me.

I've been hungry at who knows how many tournaments... but not anymore. I bring plenty of food for all, both healthy and calorie-rich foods like Snickers bars, not to mention two powerades and two monsters. I also generally buy an extra sandwich when we eat the day before and eat that sandwich cold. Whose fault is it when I was hungry? Mine. Who fixed it? Me.

The list goes on and on, but you get the idea. Bowyer, there is no such thing as an "off" day. You have complete control of your body as long as you recognize what is important in advance. Having trouble sleeping? Didn't have ample time to eat? Temperature not right? In a bad mood? Your fault. Get over it. If you can't accept it, you're forever be a second tier player because while you claim your performance is based on something OTHER than your skill... whether it be an "off" day or some random ailment.... you're not taking responsibility.

I got second. In tournaments prior to the championships I didn't practice at all, never playing the game beforehand because I was losing interest. I wanted money though, so I just used MK for easy winning with Joshu. I did win with Joshu. A lot. People thought I was slipping though... getting odd places in singles without any money, huge upsets, etc., etc.... and there's no excuse for it. I didn't practice, so that is where I end up. For this tournament I prepared, and I got second. Domo also obviously prepared, and he nearly got second. I still consider myself better than Domo, but not by enough to where I'd be surprised if Domo placed higher than me. Domo needs a bit more experience (if you think your suicide was an "accident", it wasn't; you made a mistake and I punished you for it by grabbing the ledge) in tournament play against new players and he'll soon be the powerhouse he knows he can be.

You, however, did not place highly. I have never seen you place highly in any of the circuit events. I've placed in the top rankings at basically every tournament I've gone to and have never walked away empty handed. Don't go around saying "don't look at the tournament results for my skill" when tournament results are all that matter.

As for money matches, no one cares. Domo goofed off in his MM against me and I 2 and 3 stocked him. Maybe a blind man couldn't see it, but he was testing the waters pretty hard. I did the same thing against Legan, looking to see what his mystery CP was (low tiers always have one) only to ban it in the set. Y.b.m. was referencing me. :p

^^^^^
test the waters, then dive in
What a good post.
And i dont even like overswarm lol.

AfroQT

Smash Master
So yeah Bowyer got destroyed.
Also OVerswarm, i dont appreciate you saying that FL is lead by a MK player in the podcast...not cool holmes, not cool.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
So yeah Bowyer got destroyed.
Umm... sorta... I don't have any johns about losing to legan and I don't know why OS said that I did. I didn't know the matchup so I got *****... and everyone else said I was playing off before I did... And his line about me not placing high in tourneys was a lie... not to mention, everyone in the argument was either OS, Kel, or KS and the people I play with stopped coming to this thread a long time ago... but eh... I don't really want to start the argument back up... near everything has already been said and it's pretty pointless to go back to it.

*prepares for the overly used "johns" rebuttal*

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
eh, Papa Johns is overrated, I always get mine from Jimmy Johns. It's where it's at :)... Or Long John Silvers if you're SamuraiPanda ;)

edit: aww, how sweet OS, you think I'm cool so you compared me to Master Chief! Thanks dawg :)

Top Bottom