• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest NET Warz $200.00 Pot Bonus. SSBM & SSBB

Jace08

Smash Lord
First of all, we're all really glad you're including smash in your tournament dude. We want it to go well too. But you should also listen to people like massive who have been involved in melee tournaments for years. What works for fps tournaments may not always be best for smash tournaments

The 20.00 pre registration is for hall rental and supplies. Plus to add more things to the events, We utilize projectors and screens, TV's and monitors. in addition we also us it to buy, give a ways at the event. That is what the pre registration goes for.
I still think 20-30 bucks is too high. We smashers are fairly independent and don't actually need projectors, screens, monitors, and giveaways. All we want are tvs and space, and we bring a fair amount of tvs ourselves.

Not to mention how it must be to look at this tournament for someone out of state. They have to pay for gas, the pot fees, and then $20 for the venue, 30 if they signed up late? I honestly think you'd receive more money if you did lower it down to 10, because then way more people would be willing to travel to this and actually show up to give your event its venue fee. That may even go for a lot of us in kc as well.

I want a lot of people to come, just like you do. Catering to what smashers are accustomed to is the way to accomplish that.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
First of all, we're all really glad you're including smash in your tournament dude. We want it to go well too. But you should also listen to people like massive who have been involved in melee tournaments for years. What works for fps tournaments may not always be best for smash tournaments

I still think 20-30 bucks is too high. We smashers are fairly independent and don't actually need projectors, screens, monitors, and giveaways. All we want are tvs and space, and we bring a fair amount of tvs ourselves.

Not to mention how it must be to look at this tournament for someone out of state. They have to pay for gas, the pot fees, and then $20 for the venue, 30 if they signed up late? I honestly think you'd receive more money if you did lower it down to 10, because then way more people would be willing to travel to this and actually show up to give your event its venue fee. That may even go for a lot of us in kc as well.

I want a lot of people to come, just like you do. Catering to what smashers are accustomed to is the way to accomplish that.
well said :D

lol, i thought the gas was intimidating..I understand preregistration, but that fee is more than the gas we would be paying to get down there lol. haha, drive 8 hours..pay a $5 reg fee, way understandable.
then drive 4 hours to pay for a 20-30 just seems like a slap in the face at that point or just understanding a little more in detail? what that's for. >.<

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
Okay Smashers.....

I have an Idea and a Deal I will make with you all....

We plan on taking this to a 2-3 day event...

Now for our one day event, I will look in to what I have to do on the registration to make it for all SSB people, the Registration will be 10.00 and for our 2-3 day events then it will be 20.00 is that a deal....

Now since I am going to drop it down by popular demand.... I need everyones help to pull as many poeple in as we can... Pre Registration will still be a must... but what I can do is make the deadline 1 week prior to the event... If you fail to register then it will be 15.00 will that work?

Massive.... Since you and everyone tag teamed on me... you have to be a big supporter.... hows that sound...

Jace08

Smash Lord
I think that's reasonable. Thanks for listening to me. Since it's only 10 bucks, I don't think we smashers should consider pre-paying online a big deal anymore. At least that's how I feel about it.

Also thanks for adding your own money into our pot! I think it will really help attract oos players.

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
I think that's reasonable. Thanks for listening to me. Since it's only 10 bucks, I don't think we smashers should consider pre-paying online a big deal anymore. At least that's how I feel about it.

Also thanks for adding your own money into our pot! I think it will really help attract oos players.
Okay smashers..... Ever SSB for discount code.... 10.00 off the registration. Now it's on everyone to enter it...

I will be posting some info on the registration page in the next week, we will be hosting a open gaming events through out the city.

There will be SSB and Mortal Kombat.
Look forward to seeing you all out and about....

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
People should definitely come to this tourney. The package for the tournament/venue that KCGamers has setup is going to be legit.

Seriously, based on equipment available, pot bonus, sponsors, and venue, if we get enough community support, this could be National Tournament style hype for a Regional to Large Local Tourney cost.

We haven't worked out the full details yet, but I'm going to be helping out on the TO Side to make sure the community gets what they want and deserve out of this tournament

TLDR: If you're even thinking about it, you should come :)

Jace08

Smash Lord
I'm thurrr

it's a little unfortunate that this is the weekend after MIST, which may make some dudes unwilling to travel two weekends in a row. But hopefully that's not a big deal for most

oos where you at?

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
People should definitely come to this tourney. The package for the tournament/venue that KCGamers has setup is going to be legit.

Seriously, based on equipment available, pot bonus, sponsors, and venue, if we get enough community support, this could be National Tournament style hype for a Regional to Large Local Tourney cost.

We haven't worked out the full details yet, but I'm going to be helping out on the TO Side to make sure the community gets what they want and deserve out of this tournament

TLDR: If you're even thinking about it, you should come :)
Okay we have set it in stone... Dnyce and DeLux will be running the Tournament for SSB. We look forward to working with them and seeing how well the tournament will run. From what I have read they have been doing a really good job in accommodating all players for both Brawl and Melee. We look Forward to Seeing everyone there.

Also we will be getting up on our website a section in our forum for SSB member to ask any questions about the event that is directly related to our Tournament.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
Okay we have set it in stone... Dnyce and DeLux will be running the Tournament for SSB. We look forward to working with them and seeing how well the tournament will run. From what I have read they have been doing a really good job in accommodating all players for both Brawl and Melee. We look Forward to Seeing everyone there.

Also we will be getting up on our website a section in our forum for SSB member to ask any questions about the event that is directly related to our Tournament.

ice cream?
jace, im pretty sure we're gonna hit up both these tournies here in august. will fire up some hella more falcon dittos!! :D

DeLux

I'll be working on setting up the standard rulessets (unity for Brawl and whatever rulesset KC Melee wants for Melee more or less)

I'll also start other administrative stuff like housing and things like that pretty soon.

Jace08

Smash Lord
jace, im pretty sure we're gonna hit up both these tournies here in august. will fire up some hella more falcon dittos!! :D
nice! sounds like a plan smeesh :bee:

good stuff hosting lux. Hmm I could probably house a few if people need it, will post again later on that

DeLux

Thanks Jace

Just a heads up, pre registering has two incentives:

1. You get a cheaper rate for the venue fee. Since we all aren't in that millionaire's club, money is tight.

2. Also, the more preregistered players we get, the better the packages we'll be getting from the companies sponsoring the event. I don't know if I'm allowed to go into specifics, on who is sponsoring, but let's say I have reason to believe that one company produces a very popular consumable good in the community that tends to keep me awake all nigth :)

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
k, registered and whatnot, event bought a shirt to see what it'd be like...
We would like to Congradulate DMAC for being the first person to Register... little Gems I like to keep secret... you win a prize... And for being the first person to register you get FREE Entry and a Friend to our November Event. Plus we cover the cost of one Tournament that you want to play in...

Congradulation DMAC....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/KcGamers/158955830793135

DeLux

I'm hyped

People, please please please pre register as soon as possible. The more preregistrations we get early, the better sponsorship support we can get and the better the tournament experience will be.

DeLux

Danny, it's almost an entire month after genesis

John harder

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to let everyone know that we have changed it to Unity Ruleset, we have made the Pot Bonus

200.00 for Brawl
200.00 for Melee

We feel that by changing these things that we have improved the Event for the gamers...

KC Gamers Staff...
Game on..

DeLux

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have changed it to Unity Ruleset, we have made the Pot Bonus

200.00 for Brawl
200.00 for Melee

We feel that by changing these things that we have improved the Event for the gamers...

KC Gamers Staff...
Game on..
Put this info in the title of the thread. Just put "Midwest NET Warz with $200 Pot Bonus".
Also, you should think about changing the location to "Kansas City, MO". I'm not sure people on a national level will know what "NKC" means.

Also for Brawl, Just say "We'll be using the Unity Rulesset" and then Link to it rather than place the whole thing in your event. Too much clutter you don't need there.

Once you do that, I'll go around and link people to it.

Also, I'll be able to host and house people for this tournament in Lawrence about 40 mins from the venue.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Lux is correct, this should get mad hype.

apparently there's an srk tournament this day that has melee in the area, but a 200 dollar pot bonus is pretty hefty.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
502 bad gateway

Ugh, that last post was barely even important enough to warrant a single post, why is swf so bad at working properly?

Jace08

Smash Lord

200.00 for Brawl
200.00 for Melee

KC Gamers Staff...
Game on..
wow nice, that's really generous of you guys. This tourney's gonna be so fun

KcGamers

Smash Cadet
As we make this event bigger the bigger the pot, as far as the other event they have it monthly ours is every three months. Just a thought.

Just wanted to update everyone one who PM'ed my on the Discount code... It has been fixed... You are able to start Registering...
:phone:

Massive

Smash Champion
The other event is literally a block away and more of an exhibition for melee than anything.

I think most of the melee crowd will probably be attending both.

Boomer3d

Smash Journeyman
Hey do you need setups brought because I could also bring a wii along with a n64 to help get support for a 64 tourney.
btw you misspelt "super" is super smash bros 64 ;)

Top Bottom