• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Confirmation that all characters get 8 costumes is both good and bad. It's great to have the variety, but it also means I can be even more indecisive before finally starting a match. Still, Samus's costumes look great. I don't particularly like the hairstyle for the new female Villager outfits, but I'm glad 4-ball tee made it in for the male outfits.

The music tracks are also both quite good today, although there's just no predicting when they'll show up!

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Can't wait for all the Pikachu hats. Also, kinda dissapointed by the Villager's alts.
He could've given em all different hair colors at least.

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
But what about Robin alts...? pls samurai

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Aw man. No PED Suit Samus? That's the only one I wanted....
Still it's great that we got the 8 for everyone thing confirmed, but 8 seems like a small number now... It's that "if you give a mouse a cookie" kind of thing.
Koopalings confirmed? Iggy gonna be my main!
I'm kinda hoping that Metal Sonic leak was true, though it looked pretty fake to begin with.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
OMG A PERFECT DARK SAMUS ALTERNATE HYPE HYPE.

And omg sakurai knows about the ninka leak too.

And remember yesterdays potd with all star confirming more than the 48 in the leak.

Well in the ninka leak ridley, mewtwo, chorus men, and dixie kong are in speculation

They could be 4 of the 5 empty boxes.

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
OMG A PERFECT DARK SAMUS ALTERNATE HYPE HYPE.

And omg sakurai knows about the ninka leak too.

And remember yesterdays potd with all star confirming more than the 48 in the leak.

Well in the ninka leak ridley, mewtwo, chorus men, and dixie kong are in speculation

They could be 4 of the 5 empty boxes.
No they're not. Those characters were added by someone else on a forum, and have nothing to back them up. Even Ninka has said this.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Oi! Where you gonna fit that Star Fox music if Corneria has the two songs covered?
Answer: Probably an option for the Smash Run playlist. Or Venom track gets dumped (never liked it anyways)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
When we play Smash me and my friends kind of roleplay as the characters we are currently playing as just to be silly, so I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy to see meth head villager(the one with the blue and white striped shirt) you don't even know! I could get so much mileage out of that!

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
This does make me wonder if they're going to go the extra mile with alts that change who the character is though.
I mean, we know that Male Wii Fit Trainer and Female Robin get unique voice clips, so that's good.
But assuming the Ninka leak is correct, then we've got Alph as an Olimar alt and the Koopalings as Bowser Jr. alts.
It'd bug the hell out of me if you won a match as Roy Koopa and the announcer was all "THE WINNER IS, BOWSER JUNIOR!"

Robin, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer don't have new names, so the announcer doesn't have to change what he calls them. I just hope they took the time to have the announcer record those extra lines. I know it's a small thing, but this is the sort of detail that would really bother me if they left it out.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Updated!

What does this say for Bowser Jr? If I remember correctly, doesn't he have seven swaps for the seven Koopalings? So in other words, if I wanna be Bowser Jr. at the same time as my friend, then one of us is stuck with being one of the Koopalings? That's dumb.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Updated!

What does this say for Bowser Jr? If I remember correctly, doesn't he have seven swaps for the seven Koopalings? So in other words, if I wanna be Bowser Jr. at the same time as my friend, then one of us is stuck with being one of the Koopalings? That's dumb.
Yes sir ninka said that

Bowser jr plus them is 8 alternates it fits the bill for sakurais update.

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
:confused:

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ninka-vaanrose-leak-discussion-theory.362684/

Look at speculation

But you probably right so either way theres going to be more characters than they're are in the leak. (The picture leak)
I'm not allowed to look at that thread. But either way, Ninka has said many times recently that those extra characters were not mentioned by him or his source. They're only attributed to him by other people who use his leak as a base and add their own information. It doesn't mean those characters are for sure not in, but you can't use the Ninka leak as evidence.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm not allowed to look at that thread. But either way, Ninka has said many times recently that those extra characters were not mentioned by him or his source. They're only attributed to him by other people who use his leak as a base and add their own information. It doesn't mean those characters are for sure not in, but you can't use the Ninka leak as evidence.
Oh ok that makes sense.

Oh dang it double post.

D

Deleted member

People seem to miss this detail.
That Dark Samus palette isn't of Dark Samus the character; it's of Dark Samus as in, Samus under full Phazon corruption. :awesome:

Nah, I'm kidding. Or am I?

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
This PotD make me wonder about Bowser.
Maybe he'll have Dry Bowser and Dark Bowser as alts
But that's just me assuming thins

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
This PotD make me wonder about Bowser.
Maybe he'll have Dry Bowser and Dark Bowser as alts
But that's just me assuming thins
Dark Bowser is very likely. You just have to change a couple colors here and there. Dry Bowser would be harder, but it's not impossible either.

D

Deleted member

Samus in her "Light suit" color reminds me of a long forgotten Gamecube Title:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Wario had twelve in brawl.
He better not lose colors he's the originator
Wario'll have 4 Biker, and 4 overalls. Pretty sure he won't have the baby blue/pink colour as Mario has it now.

Most likely a red, blue and green colour swap for both the Male and Female.
I'm just waiting for that Grandmaster.
Robin is probably gonna have 3 colours and a hooded version for both genders.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
If we get hooded Robin at all I would like putting the hood up/down to be a taunt, like Lucinia's Mask(and like the guy in yellow from Sengoku Basara who's name I can't recall).

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Wario'll have 4 Biker, and 4 overalls.
Oh... Darn. Didn't think of that.

Hmmm. Have any of Robin's alts been shown of yet?
If not, then they could have these as alts. Might be only counted as palette swaps, similar to Villager, though...

Adds up to 8. But it would be a lot of work making separate models for all of them and giving them each separate voice actors like in Awakening.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh... Darn. Didn't think of that.

Hmmm. Have any of Robin's alts been shown of yet?
If not, then they could have these as alts. Might be only counted as palette swaps, similar to Villager, though...

Adds up to 8. But it would be a lot of work making separate models for all of them and giving them each separate voice actors like in Awakening.
I'm pretty sure they'd all be the middle male and female only. I mean like no child or mature one.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
YES! I got the actual villager model that I use in Animal Crossing! (Blue Shirt.)

I already use the middle weight male Robin in Awakening, just need to see if he has the correct hair....

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Seeing those villagers made me think of a sensei alt.
So I made it.

Sensei Villager

Your call, Sakurai.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
This does make me wonder if they're going to go the extra mile with alts that change who the character is though.
I mean, we know that Male Wii Fit Trainer and Female Robin get unique voice clips, so that's good.
But assuming the Ninka leak is correct, then we've got Alph as an Olimar alt and the Koopalings as Bowser Jr. alts.
It'd bug the hell out of me if you won a match as Roy Koopa and the announcer was all "THE WINNER IS, BOWSER JUNIOR!"

Robin, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer don't have new names, so the announcer doesn't have to change what he calls them. I just hope they took the time to have the announcer record those extra lines. I know it's a small thing, but this is the sort of detail that would really bother me if they left it out.
In languages with gendered titles the alts for female/male avatar characters do have a different name.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Totally forgot to check todays potd. School started again for me, after 6 weeks of doing absolutely nothing it definitely took the life out of me. The next 20 weeks will be fully spend on gamedevelopment, which would be great if I wouldn't rather be playing smash, lolz.

Dat PotD though. The Dark Samus alt looks amazing, that alt alone makes me seriously consider maining Samus. Good to see a normal Villager as well, definitely gonna be using number 4 as well if I ever decide to him.

Aw yeah, music updates. Damn, I forgot how amazing the Kid Icarus soundtrack was, listening to this song almost made me tear up, but of course these clips are too short for that to actually happen. That music player feature is definitely getting some use.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Man those other Villagers are terrible. Sucks that there's no horn hat version.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Uh-oh, just started college (Rutgers Newark - if ya close, smash with me!) this week and Thusday seems to be my busiest week with me doin stuff non-stop from 11:30am to 5:20pm. Hope we get a nice pic to push me through and hopefully some music too~
Edit: Oh! Also this at least 8 alt colors stuff is awesome and exciting. Can't wait to see Robin, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, uhh... Charizard, Sonic, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt Dog, oh, y'know, plenty of em - you get the idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom