• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
First Takamaru, now Prince Sable.

Who will be Sakurai's next victim next week?

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I thought I would only be tagging @BluePikmin11 to add to the Shulk supporters list. Well, this happened.
I also dedicated a post @BluePikmin11 on the comments for the potd, like comment #25 or something.

Umm seems like an interesting assist trophy

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I just realized something guys, does that interior remind you of something?

Its a new stage.

Gold is everywhere.

Holy ****:

View attachment 20403
You, sir should be aware of what it feels being targeted by teasing.

Because that's me after that day and your post was me before that day.

lol.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I haven't played Tomodachi Life, but it seems likely that the stage pictured with the Prince Sable Assist is a variant of the rooms.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I should save this post and repost this when the game comes out and all of them end up being secret again.
Whatever makes you happy.
Probably something Hyrule Warriors related.
I should save this and repost it when it isn't Hyrule Warriors related.

Sorry, I shoulda ignored this, but I guess I'm feeling like a bitter *****.

Kay, so maybe a customized move for Link tomorrow. 29 pic of the days left till 3DS release! The release is on Saturday so I can only imagine the Friday before and the Monday after's pics. Friday September 12 "Hope you enjoy!" Monday September 15 "Are you all enjoying it?" Haha, crazy to think that time is so close!

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm loving the representation of franchises in this game! Even if some of them are mere trophies. This AT of the Prince of Sable really blew me away though, it's definitely more than I expected of that game (which was nothing really haha).

Also, I had to check twice but the pics are indeed of the 3DS version. They look so good I almost thought they were taken of the Wii U version.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Who's left on the chopping block?
-Mach Rider
-Duck Hunt Dog
-Bubbles
-Urban Champion
-Excitebiker (though a disconfirmation wouldn't be a big deal since Excitebikers were Assists in Brawl)
-Muddy Mole
-Fighter Hayabusa (or Star Man)
-Donbe & Hikari
-Goku (Yuyuki, not Dragon Ball)
-Diskun
-Sukapon
-Mike Jones
-Sheriff
-Foreman Spike (if counted as Wrecking Crew, not Mario)

adding on to Golden's List:
Kensuke Kimachi (1080° series)
anything from Magical Starsign series
some mech from Chōsōjū Mecha MG...
advance wars hasn't been repped in ANY way yet so... anything from Advance Wars series.
Elite Beat Agents.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm loving the representation of franchises in this game! Even if some of them are mere trophies. This AT of the Prince of Sable really blew me away though, it's definitely more than I expected of that game (which was nothing really haha).

Also, I had to check twice but the pics are indeed of the 3DS version. They look so good I almost thought they were taken of the Wii U version.
That's what I said since the stage reveal.

This is actually something I expect to happen now even tough I don't know what and how repping will occur, getting this is just an instance and I'm sure more will follow.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Wasn't Balloon Fight introduced in Melee via the flipper?
Huh. True. Anyway, a quick analysis:

So, we know that each game introduces a lot of franchises. But will SSB4 rise above the rest? Let's take a look:

SSB64:
  1. Super Mario Bros.
  2. The Legend of Zelda
  3. Donkey Kong Country
  4. Kirby's Dream Land
  5. Metroid
  6. Star Fox
  7. Yoshi's Island
  8. Pokemon
  9. EarthBound
  10. F-Zero
  11. Super Smash Bros.

Melee:
  1. Ice Climber
  2. Game & Watch
  3. Fire Emblem
  4. Pikmin
  5. Custom Robo
  6. Kid Icarus
  7. Excite
  8. Kururin
  9. SimCity
  10. Panel de Pon
  11. Balloon Fight
  12. Perfect Dark
  13. Card Hero
  14. Wave Racer
  15. 1080 Snowboarding
  16. Doshin the Giant
  17. Animal Crossing
  18. Mach Rider
  19. Cubivore
  20. Duck Hunt
  21. Clu Clu Land
  22. Famicom Detective Club
  23. Shin Onigashima
  24. Sheriff
  25. Devil World
  26. Disk System
Brawl:
  1. WarioWare
  2. Metal Gear
  3. Sonic the Hedgehog
  4. Gyromite
  5. Nintendogs
  6. Starfy
  7. Punch-Out!!
  8. Famicom Wars
  9. Daigasso! Band Bros.
  10. Golden Sun
  11. Sin & Punishment
  12. Drill Dozer
  13. Magical Starsign
  14. Marionation Gear
  15. Chibi-Robo!
  16. Hotel Dusk
  17. Ouendan
  18. Elite Beat Agents
  19. Electroplankton
  20. Nintendo DS

SSB4:
  1. Wii Fit
  2. Mega Man
  3. Pac-Man
  4. Paper Mario
  5. Find Mii
  6. Tomodachi
  7. Rhythm Heaven
  8. Color TV-Game
  9. Mysterious Murasame Castle
  10. Dillon's Rolling Western
  11. For the Frog the Bell Tolls
  12. Wonderful 101
  13. Rayman
  14. Steel Diver
  15. Captain Rainbow

It's a few franchises away from beating Brawl. Kind of impressive.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Huh. True. Anyway, a quick analysis:

So, we know that each game introduces a lot of franchises. But will SSB4 rise above the rest? Let's take a look:

SSB64:
  1. Super Mario Bros.
  2. The Legend of Zelda
  3. Donkey Kong Country
  4. Kirby's Dream Land
  5. Metroid
  6. Star Fox
  7. Yoshi's Island
  8. Pokemon
  9. EarthBound
  10. F-Zero
  11. Super Smash Bros.

Melee:
  1. Ice Climber
  2. Game & Watch
  3. Fire Emblem
  4. Pikmin
  5. Custom Robo
  6. Kid Icarus
  7. Excite
  8. Kururin
  9. SimCity
  10. Panel de Pon
  11. Balloon Fight
  12. Perfect Dark
  13. Card Hero
  14. Wave Racer
  15. 1080 Snowboarding
  16. Doshin the Giant
  17. Animal Crossing
  18. Mach Rider
  19. Cubivore
  20. Duck Hunt
  21. Clu Clu Land
  22. Famicom Detective Club
  23. Shin Onigashima
  24. Sheriff
  25. Devil World
  26. Disk System
Brawl:
  1. WarioWare
  2. Metal Gear
  3. Sonic the Hedgehog
  4. Gyromite
  5. Nintendogs
  6. Starfy
  7. Punch-Out!!
  8. Famicom Wars
  9. Daigasso! Band Bros.
  10. Golden Sun
  11. Sin & Punishment
  12. Drill Dozer
  13. Magical Starsign
  14. Marionation Gear
  15. Chibi-Robo!
  16. Hotel Dusk
  17. Ouendan
  18. Elite Beat Agents
  19. Electroplankton
  20. Nintendo DS

SSB4:
  1. Wii Fit
  2. Mega Man
  3. Pac-Man
  4. Paper Mario
  5. Find Mii
  6. Tomodachi
  7. Rhythm Heaven
  8. Color TV-Game
  9. Mysterious Murasame Castle
  10. Dillon's Rolling Western
  11. For the Frog the Bell Tolls
  12. Wonderful 101
  13. Rayman
  14. Steel Diver
  15. Captain Rainbow

It's a few franchises away from beating Brawl. Kind of impressive.
From a general standpoint, it already crushed brawl.

Just smash run... and many more!

Soul.

29 pic of the days left till 3DS release! The release is on Saturday so I can only imagine the Friday before and the Monday after's pics. Friday September 12 "Hope you enjoy!" Monday September 15 "Are you all enjoying it?" Haha, crazy to think that time is so close!
It's probably sad that speculation is ending, but you know, every user in here has been waiting for this moment to come, I guess.
I know most users aren't interested in competitiveness, but it's a cycle. From speculation to competitiveness and from competitiveness to speculation. I mean, speculators can still play the game online with whichever rules they want and can also come here to speculate about the next Smash Bros. game while the others are playing Smash 4 competitively.
But as you said, it's crazy to know that Smash 3DS is coming out in Japan soon.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone think we'll see any BIG disconfirmations before the 3DS version Japan release date?

By big, I mean the characters with the biggest support threads:

Ridley
King. K. Rool
Shulk
Bandana Dee
Isaac
Krystal
Chorus Kids/Marshall
Sceptile
Ghirahim
Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
Geno
Lip
Impa
Medusa

I think we'll see one of these disconfirmed before the 3DS release, or before legit leaks surface. Three at most.

Morbi

Scavenger
Does anyone think we'll see any BIG disconfirmations before the 3DS version Japan release date?

Ridley
King. K. Rool
Shulk
Bandana Dee
Isaac
Krystal
Chorus Kids/Marshall
Sceptile
Ghirahim
Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
Geno
Lip
Impa
Medusa

I think we'll see one of these disconfirmed before the 3DS release, or before legit leaks surface. Three at most.
Not necessarily, I suppose Takamaru was "big" in his own right; however, I doubt he would "disconfirm" a popular character so close to release.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Unless I'm mistaken there hasn't yet been any indication that the Paper Mario series will be treated separately from the regular Mario series...

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
If you want to be technical, regarding the introduction of series, Brawl introduced a lot more via Stickers.

- Sennen Kazoku
- Trace Memory (also a trophy)
- Digiluxe
- Cooking Navi
- Big Brain Academy
- English Training
- Wild Trax
- Magikid
- Chosoju Mecha
- Mysterious Murasame Castle
- For the Frog the Bell Tolls
- X
- Yakuman

Well if anything, Takamaru getting his game released internationally should give Sable fans at least some hope.
The major difference here is that Takamaru's game isn't translated and doesn't really have text. Sable's game would have to actually be translated, unless NOA wants to buy the Fan Translation.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Who?

From what now?

There was a professor?

Never heard of him. How do you even say that first name?

Yes, I'm doing this on purpose. Yes, I'm also responding honestly.

No, I don't actually want answers. ¦D

I can 100% agree with this. I wanna see more extremely obscure characters that hardly anyone knows, remembers or cares about aside from niche groups get shown as trophies and ATs.

That way, I can learn who they are and either pity them or laugh at them without being ignorant. <3
...So you've never played Wario Land 4 or Link's Awakening?
Whatever. :p

As for lesser-known characters I want to see as ATs, I'd go with John Rami (Geist), Hakkun (Sutte Hakkun), and Yamanouchi Kagetora. (Odama)

Also, these guys are on the right track.
z28.png

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily, I suppose Takamaru was "big" in his own right; however, I doubt he would "disconfirm" a popular character so close to release.
I agree that Sakurai probably won't disconfirm characters he knows are hugely supported before the 3DS release.

However, a good portion of the above list are probably not known by Sakurai to be popular, or maybe he knows they have fanbases, but not fan bases of a size comparable to the very top wanted characters.

So he might think that announcing some of the lesser known characters from the "big" list won't have a detrimental effect on sales.

It will also depend on what Sakurai is planning regarding DLC playable characters.

If Sakurai plans on DLC characters, some are bound to be from the above list of "big" characters. Hence, there will be fewer big characters to potentially disconfirm between now and 3DS version release.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The US site hasn't been updated yet

Maybe they are planning something big...

...Not really

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Unless I'm mistaken there hasn't yet been any indication that the Paper Mario series will be treated separately from the regular Mario series...

I guess I shouldn't have omited that "detail".

Take a look at the mario kart stage on the 3DS. It;s one location of one instalment of a popular series. In theory, it's a different series but still a branch to the main one. In smash however, because of how the stage depicting the series only represent one place from one game, it's not enough to tell that it's a separate entity but rather a branch of the main series. It means that this series is annexed to the main one and can almost be treated as combined.

The Paper Mario stage however, doesn't follow this logic and that's because of the comparison between the 2 pictures presented. The first one shows a game from 2012 while the second one shows a game from 2004 and we still don't know if there's more. But just the pictures, it's a 8 years gap between the game repped. That's VERY broad, so much that it reps the series of at least 75%. The only game that would be omited is PM64 and SPM is implied since an older game got repped.

It's so broad that it's like he repped the series as a whole and so, is not like the mario kart stage.

In other words, it's more a separate entity than being annexed to the main series and doing the latter anyway would make the stage too "out of there" to make sense as a main series rep and so, the repping would be redundant.

That's why I think it's likely a tease.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Take a look at the mario kart stage on the 3DS. It;s one location of one instalment of a popular series. In theory, it's a different series but still a branch to the main one. In smash however, because of how the stage depicting the series only represent one place from one game, it's not enough to tell that it's a separate entity but rather a branch of the main series. It means that this series is annexed to the main one and can almost be treated as combined.

The Paper Mario stage however, doesn't follow this logic and that's because of the comparison between the 2 pictures presented. The first one shows a game from 2012 while the second one shows a game from 2004 and we still don't know if there's more. But just the pictures, it's a 8 years gap between the game repped. That's VERY broad, so much that it reps the series of at least 75%. The only game that would be omited is PM64 and SPM is implied since an older game got repped.

It's so broad that it's like he repped the series as a whole and so, is not like the mario kart stage.

In other words, it's more a separate entity than being annexed to the main series and doing the latter anyway would make the stage too "out of there" to make sense as a main series rep and so, the repping would be redundant.

I bet it just gets the mushroom symbol

Morbi

Scavenger
I bet it just gets the mushroom symbol
A 2D Mushroom symbol! :troll:

Honestly, I figured that the Paper Mario stage represented its own series because he differentiated it from Mario through his PoTD quote. I could be wrong, that was just my first assumption.

Regardless, I wonder if we will get a stage for Prince Sable's game? It would certainly be interesting to see. But I highly doubt it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Well, that is just conjecture. For all we know it could be a whole sub-series condensed into one stage so it can easily fit into the Mario umbrella without taking too much of the attention.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
A 2D Mushroom symbol! :troll:

Honestly, I figured that the Paper Mario stage represented its own series because he differentiated it from Mario through his PoTD quote. I could be wrong, that was just my first assumption.

Regardless, I wonder if we will get a stage for Prince Sable's game? It would certainly be interesting to see. But I highly doubt it.
That actually only tells that the stage is from this series but not for who this stage was made and in fact, he wasn't clear on that matter.

Also, I made an icons for his series. The mushroom in paper is a little too similar.

I tend to be perfectionist when I have interest :)

Last edited:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace

Ridley
King. K. Rool
Shulk
Bandana Dee
Isaac
Krystal
Chorus Kids/Marshall
Sceptile
Ghirahim
Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
Geno
Lip
Impa
Medusa

Ey, if they don't get in, just be grateful if they get an assist trophy status, we still can get to see their abilities and make meme's if their annoyingly overpowered, but thats my 2 cents...well everyone except for Ridley. It's either playable or stage hazard cause of April Direct. We'll find out this month.

Or for straw graspers types of supporters for these potential newcomers, the last day before Japan release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom