• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash University - Check post 881

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
winnarisyou (4:29:46 PM):sleepyk are you confirmed
winnarisyou (4:29:48 PM):
for msu?
winnarisyou (4:29:55 PM):
I'm going to put you down as confirmed lol

i'll be coming if my schedule permits it.

i suppose i'll be the recording + streaming guy and probably not enter singles because i'll be broke.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I updated the site with Paypal. For you early birds out there you can go ahead and pay for this tournament in advance.

Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to design and put up some more pages and content.

Winnar

Smash Lord
btw I'm Atlantic North not South.
My bad!

Also about the side tournaments for other fighting games, I don't have any plan to do that for this tournament. Right now I'm afraid that our resources will already be spread too thin as it is. Next year we'll have more capital to do a proper SSFIV, MvC3, etc. tournament. I'd rather not have my first impression with those communities be a half-***** side tournament.

If you pay the venue or spectator fee, though, then you're more than welcome to bring any side games of your own.

Umm is the 2k pot for melee only? how is it spread? I might come
Right now I'm planning on having $500 in each of the following: Brawl doubles, Brawl singles, Melee doubles, Melee singles, N64 Singles. This is BEFORE anyone even registers, so the pot will obviously be much larger than that after everyone signs up and pays.

I only listed the $2k because the $500 for 64 is coming from money VueBrawler has raised.

BunBun - As much as I love Melee, I'd rather not play favorites with the pot. I want everyone who plays Smash to feel united as a community at MSU. I <3 all the smashers

strawhats

Smash Master
I wanna start a fund raiser for KEN HOANG so he can attend this tournament. WINNAR plz help me.
ummm...Ken has long forsaken this game. HMW has continuously tried to reach out to Ken on AIM and Ken immediately denied his request to talk ad ignored several requests from Norcal peeps to get back into the game much less show up to a tourney.

Not saying you shouldn't try, just letting you know what you should probably expect.

The Star King

Smash Hero

I just wanna fight good people in Smash 64, all I have to practice against is Tommy G, he's already REALLY good but I want to play other people. = D
SheerMadness, arguably one of the best 64 Yoshi mains in the world, lives in Florida, as well as WOTG, kys, and TANK64 (probably forgetting some people).

There's also online. I know Tommy G plays online since I've played him myself (he's pretty good I guess), maybe you should ask him to introduce you.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
SheerMadness, arguably one of the best 64 Yoshi mains in the world, lives in Florida, as well as WOTG, kys, and TANK64 (probably forgetting some people).

There's also online. I know Tommy G plays online since I've played him myself (he's pretty good I guess), maybe you should ask him to introduce you.
I think I played sheer madness at a CFL tourney. idk it was a yoshi and he ***** me XDDDDDD

I got better though but idk XD

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Danng..

Armada in the deep south!

So this tourney is on MSU campus huh?

Interest..This seems like a tourney not to miss..only cause its a national thats in reasonable driving distance(5hrs-which i can turn into 4 1/2!)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
EDIT: Also, mandatory sticky since this will be international :p
STICKY PLEASE
lol
not about to sticky a tournament 7 months before it happens

but it will most likely be stickied as we get closer to the time.

this is lookin pretty hype, don't you think you guys should give the tournament a name? It'll be better than saying 'that msu tourney'

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol isai is going? you either made that up, you don't know isai very well, or *i* don't know isai very well...

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice
lol isai is going? you either made that up, you don't know isai very well, or *i* don't know isai very well...
X___X , SMH, the first day we posted this tournament people thought we were lying about Armada cause there was NOOOO way he would come to the deep south. Armada comes n post n it shuts ppl up.

We have no reason to lie man, we got good people comin, and thats cuz we busted our butt to make it happen. Please don't mock our efforts

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
And why wouldn't Isai come to win $500+? Who's going to stop him? Sounds like a beneficial plan to me lol. :cool:

EDIT: On a more serious note, Isai is only listed as an individual in the "interested" section of competitors. As far I know he has said nothing definitive at this point. If he does come it will probably have a lot to do with Moogle and the $$$.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I wanna start a fund raiser for KEN HOANG so he can attend this tournament. WINNAR plz help me.
As much as I'd love to have Ken at this, he's long since quit smash. I'd like to respect his decision and not try to track him down and drag him to this lol

lol
not about to sticky a tournament 7 months before it happens

but it will most likely be stickied as we get closer to the time.

this is lookin pretty hype, don't you think you guys should give the tournament a name? It'll be better than saying 'that msu tourney'
Sounds reasonable. This will be on the front page one way or another until the day of the tournament :D

Also yeah, we changed Mississippi State University to Mississippi SMASH University

Either it was too subtle or just a dumb name

or both :D

Well right now he hasn't committed to coming or anything. He only said he's interested in 64, which seems fairly reasonable to me.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Lol Armada vs Iori Kirby MM would be so hype

By the way guys, we can't change the date after all. If we push it back to labor day then we'll be competing with MSU Football, which we just can't win. August 20 weekend will stay the official weekend for this tournament

Armada

Smash Lord
I will attend this tournament.

If i didn´t have plans i would never let them use my name to try geting more people to this tournament :p

(Guess that´s enough n-gage :p)

BunBun: Spela den rosa skitbollen =).
Yeah i can play Kirby some matches if you wanna see that =).

Winnar

Smash Lord

If i didn´t have plans i would never let them use my name to try geting more people to this tournament :p

Yeah I'm not making any of this up lol

Everyone on the Confirmed/Interested list has either posted here or told me via other means that they are interested or confirmed

Thanks again Armada! :D

BunBun

Smash Master

Tack !

N-Gage

Smash Apprentice

Thanks Armada. :-)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
btw mookierah whatever happened to your evil brother, dookieray, the broom?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
btw mookierah whatever happened to your evil brother, dookieray, the broom?
Well after we fused together into the ultimate being to defeat the beast, we separated back into our normal forms. The last I saw of him he rode off into the sunset with a swiffer mop. I then proceeded to loose 35 pounds.

On a serious note, I was wanting to remake the original Cash Battle, distilling the funniest jokes from it and removing the stuff that just... well it was funny on paper. Also, Scrib (the main guy behind making those in the first place) has expressed interest in doing another one, but he is all over the place these days as he tries to make the Olympic running team and stuff (he came super close from what I heard).

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
We need more Brawl hype. It seems like we have a good bit of hype for melee/64, but not enough Brawl. Come on guys!

Top Bottom