• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK vs Itachi, Clash of Brokenness, Vayseth's Revenge! Brawl AND Melee! (3/28/09)

folk!

Smash Apprentice
um i want to play as many friendlies or mms as possible.
people i really want to friendly/mm(in no order)

hunger!
ook!
kirk!
gremace!
sago!
lain!!(if u want we can do a bm(bz match)then we both win!:)
toph!!!!!
and anyone else who want to!!!oh and bx-7 i want a piece of that mario

Zicore

Smash Champion
Zicore, if the concert ends before noon saturday, then no johns, show up! Everyone shows up with a hangover anyway
I'm in Madison all weekend after that. Sorry man. I was actually looking forward to this. But hey, free concert tickets and a weekending of relaxing sounds like a good plan to me too.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ok, I'm most likely not going to this, but I have a question.

I just found out that my dad and little brother are going on a field trip with the Boy Scouts to the aquarium in Chicago...I don't know how many aquariums there are, but I'm assuming one (I didn't get the name of it)

I was wondering, is this tournament within walking distance of the Aquarium? If it is, I might consider going. But I think I'll have to leave by like 8-9PM for the train ride back, so if I'm dominating singles I probably won't be able to finish :p

Doesn't look likely that I'll go, but if it happens to be really close to the aquarium then I'm interested.

Zjiin

Smash Master
The Shedd Aquarium is not close to this venue :(. It's on pretty much the southern tip of the city while Screenz is on the northside

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
meh put me down for melee singles.

also zicore who are you going to see in madison? (there is a band i just noticed that is having a concert there this day)

ChitownWolf

Smash Cadet
I'll for sure be making this since it's in Chicago. Couldn't make the last one since I underestimated the long drive to WI.

PREPARE TO GET OWNED HUNGER!!!!!!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Melee
Kirby
sucks. That's the biggest reason I don't play it. :(

Quaz

Smash Master
yeah absolutely. lets just not get beat by pika + game and watch like we did before.

but dont get your hopes up yet, Im still not 100% sure if I can go or not yet. I'll call you tomorrow, sound good?

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
can we bring modded wii's?
You can, but only for casual play. You will need a legit copy of the game and run the tournament not using any Hack/Mods/SoftMods/ or anything, plain Brawl, nothing is been run through Homebrew, at least not Tournament Stations, casuals stations can run however people want them to. ^_^

cosmo - pre reg melee
also sc4 on friday i heard? i will try to make it
I'll add you later.
And yes, we are doing a SC4 tourney, don't listen to Webster's rules, since the SC4 is a the start of Biweeklies at Screenz to get the Chicago Players or local players ready for the Chicago SC4 Regional Tournament Qualifier in May. So you will see some really nice competition there on Friday night. Tourney starts at 8pm! ^_^

If Hunger goes all Mario, then I'll go all PT.

Btw, what are we doing about pools and the top 8 from the last tourney? Are the top 8 skipping pools again, or are they being separated into different pools? Personally, I'd rather do pools than not. Its more fun to play pools, and I get to warm up (especially since there usually aren't any decent TVs to play friendlies on).

Everyone is entering Pools. ^_^

Pools. People need to read first posts.

See... even b-day boy knows. 3

For those interested in the Lock In, it starts Friday at 7PM!
You can bring set ups if you want for whatever game you want to play. You can even bring a NES, SNES, Genesis, or just use a Wii Virtual Console..... =p

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
after much thought... and playing for an hour and a half... I think I'm gonna enter melee again.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAYSETH!!!!!!!!!!!

1stsies yeah!... oh ****, I guess DK already mentioned your birthday, lol.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Uhmmm...yeah national rules suck and I didn't know you guys were doing BISEXUAL Weeklys. :smile:

So I will edit the rules infavor to what we already discussed in-person.

RULES FOR TOURNAMENT GAMES ON FRIDAY NIGHT EDITED!!!
3 days away...

MEGA EDIT:

K here we go:

for those staying at the lock-in...

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD (or whatever u rep), BRING ****ING SHOWERING STUFF. There is no shower at the venue. But the gaming director of screenz has offered his crib to be used and will drive people there and back - to shower, wash up, and etc.

If you are a chicago local, YOU WILL BE LAST ON THE LIST (YES THERE WILL BE A SHOWER LIST. T.Os are first, then out of towners, then locals)! For you could actally go home before 11am wash up, come back, and make it in time for tournament registration (that is if you ever bother to crash at the lock-in anyways).

I don't want to smell B.O, if I do...I swear to god I'm going to tell (not ask) u politely to leave and get it taken care of. It's bogus and freakin disgusting.

Okay now that's out of the way...moving on:

Next is SF4 set-ups,

WE NEED THEM!!! The SF4 tournament is strictly on PS3. So if u have a full set-up that you can bring and aren't on the "PEOPLE WHO ARE BRINGING SET-UPS" list...please post up asap. Our target is to get at least 5 (minimum) sf4 stations for this tournament

What I'm posting about for set-ups, DOES apply to all tournament games. You could NEVER have enough set-ups at a tournament. So please bring them.

We use it, your venue fee is completely waived.

Next:

Screenz is goin to run some tournaments on friday at the lock-in. Those games will be:

Naruto Narutimate Accel 2
* free tournament
* double elimination
* 2/3 matches
* No characters banned
* 8 people or more and first place gets $20

Super Smash Brother 64 (we need another set up)
* free tournament
* double elimination
* 3 stock
* 6 mins time
* 2/3 matches
* no characters or stages banned
* prize bragging rights (TBA)

Soul Calibur 4 and 3 tournaments (I want to run 3 just for lolz, and because I miss playing it...lol. So if like no one brings sc4 we're playing 3. Hell we're playing 3 anyways...lol)
* ENTRY FEE $1
* double elimination
* 3/5 rounds
* 2/3 matches
* default time, soul gauge, and health (for both games, minus soul gauge for sc3)
* ALGOL, YODA, AND ALL THE BONUS CHARACTERS ARE BANNED IN SC4 (because most sc players play smash brothers and ban everything...lol)
* NO CHARACTERS BANNED IN SC3
* VC banned in SC3
* WINNER TAKES IT ALL (what exactly is the "winner" gonna "take"? o_0)

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (need another set up)
* free tournament
* double elimination
* 2/3 rounds (gay...drag that **** out...lol)
* 2/3 matches
* gill is banned (but he's immortal :/)
* no system changes
* micro mapping banned
* prize bragging rights (TBA)

Depending if there is interest, we can run the following:

DBZ 3.1 (**** infinite world)
Tekken DR (tekken sucks)
Fate Unlimited Codes (i'm garunteed 2nd place...lol)
Mortal Kombat something (UMK3 or MKA)
CVS2
CVS2: ReMix
Arcana Heart Full (for the lolz and prep for Sugoi! AH2)

Post ideas, bring stuff, GET ****ING HYPE...

Will webster break a controller finally?

Come to the tournament/lock-in this weekend and find out.... :)
K to make things easier I'm just gonna quote myself from SRK. There have been updates for Friday's Line Up at screenz. Especially since I didn't know there was bi weekly tournaments for sc4 already going on...so check it out.

khepri

Smash Lord
yeah absolutely. lets just not get beat by pika + game and watch like we did before.

but dont get your hopes up yet, Im still not 100% sure if I can go or not yet. I'll call you tomorrow, sound good?
Sounds good. I might be at work with some bad reception so if that's the case then send me a message or something.

Zicore

Smash Champion
I'm going to go see Black Label Society in Milwaukee, WI. Going to be good times.

Go Lain!

And no, I don't use peach. Its all about the Luigi.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Webster Posting!!!

Happy Birthday Vayseth!!!

May Your ****/balls Hang Very Low...

For Being A White Boy Of Course...lol

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
:(

I'll be in Chicago tomorrow...but at the aquarium. If you want me to come, come pick me up and let me borrow a controller XD

Man I REALLY want to enter the SSB64 tournament <3

Top Bottom