• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK vs Itachi, Clash of Brokenness, Vayseth's Revenge! Brawl AND Melee! (3/28/09)

Quaz

Smash Master
hoooly **** I might be able to make this but I'll have to leave by like 4:30 I think

I'll also come to the lock in and anyone need a brawl partner?? lool

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
My last post kinda went unnoticed.
I live pretty close to the venue so i figure i should offer.
Who needs housing? are you 21? Do you need a couch/carpet or are you bringing sleeping bags?
Didnt even see your post XD we need housing, I think 4 of us are 21, and 1 is 20, if we have a 6th person my guess is that hes prolly 20 or 21, were fine with sleeping anywhere, We just need a shower so we can smell good :)

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
yeah............well maybe instead of bein a **** you could of quoted his post and told me to talk to him.

khepri

Smash Lord
hoooly **** I might be able to make this but I'll have to leave by like 4:30 I think

I'll also come to the lock in and anyone need a brawl partner?? lool
I'll team with you if you'd like. I haven't played this game since the last one of these I went to in january I believe. It doesn't take much to get into brawl though so I imagine I won't do too bad.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
LOL ;) i like both games and im actully having fun with brawl. Melee is way to fun to and ive always had fun playing it.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
If Hunger goes all Mario, then I'll go all PT.

Btw, what are we doing about pools and the top 8 from the last tourney? Are the top 8 skipping pools again, or are they being separated into different pools? Personally, I'd rather do pools than not. Its more fun to play pools, and I get to warm up (especially since there usually aren't any decent TVs to play friendlies on).

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Since mike will be gone (Til tomorrow afternoon...lol) Vay and I are in charge (not really). I have some announcements:

First people, let's not slander our fellow man's game of choice (why play smash when u guys could play king of fighters with me :sad:). Brawl is cool (well not really...lol) and Melee is also cool (**** yeah, I can actually do combos...eventhough I can't L cancel for the life of me...:sad:).

K now with that out of the way, here we go:

for those staying at the lock-in...

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD (or whatever u rep), BRING ****ING SHOWERING STUFF. There is no shower at the venue. But the gaming director of screenz has offered his crib to be used and will drive people there and back - to shower, wash up, and etc.

If you are a chicago local, YOU WILL BE LAST ON THE LIST (YES THERE WILL BE A SHOWER LIST. T.Os are first, then out of towners, then locals)! For you could actally go home before 11am wash up, come back, and make it in time for tournament registration (that is if you ever bother to crash at the lock-in anyways).

I don't want to smell B.O, if I do...I swear to god I'm going to tell (not ask) u politely to leave and get it taken care of. It's bogus and freakin disgusting.

Okay now that's out of the way...moving on:

Next is SF4 set-ups,

WE NEED THEM!!! The SF4 tournament is strictly on PS3. So if u have a full set-up that you can bring and aren't on the "PEOPLE WHO ARE BRINGING SET-UPS" list...please post up asap. Our target is to get at least 5 (minimum) sf4 stations for this tournament

What I'm posting about for set-ups, DOES apply to all tournament games. You could NEVER have enough set-ups at a tournament. So please bring them.

We use it, your venue fee is completely waived.

Next:

Screenz is goint to run some tournaments on friday at the lock-in. Those games will be:

Naruto Narutimate Accel 2
* free tournament
* double elimination
* 2/3 matches
* No characters banned
* 8 people or more and first place gets $20

Super Smash Brother 64 (we need another set up)
* free tournament
* double elimination
* 3 stock
* 6 mins time
* 2/3 matches
* no characters or stages banned
* prize bragging rights (TBA)

Soul Calibur 4 and 3 tournaments (I want to run 3 just for lolz, and because I miss playing it...lol. So if like no one brings sc4 we're playing 3. Hell we're playing 3 anyways...lol)
* free tournament
* double elimination
* 3/5 rounds
* 2/3 matches
* default time, soul gauge, and health (for both games, minus soul gauge for sc3)
* NO CHARACTERS BANNED in either game
* VC banned in SC3

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (need another set up)
* free tournament
* double elimination
* 2/3 rounds (gay...drag that **** out...lol)
* 2/3 matches
* gill is banned (but he's immortal :/)
* no system changes
* micro mapping banned

Depending if there is interest, we can run the following:

DBZ 3.1 (**** infinite world)
Tekken DR (tekken sucks)
Fate Unlimited Codes (i'm garunteed 2nd place...lol)
Mortal Kombat something (UMK3 or MKA)
CVS2
CVS2: ReMix
Arcana Heart Full (for the lolz and prep for Sugoi! AH2)

Post ideas, bring stuff, GET ****ING HYPE...

Will webster break a controller finally?

Come to the tournament/lock-in this weekend and find out.... :)

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
Zicore, if the concert ends before noon saturday, then no johns, show up! Everyone shows up with a hangover anyway

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
if Anyone Going To The Screenz Tournament This Weekend, Has A Copy Of The Japanese Version Of Soul Calibur 3, Please Pm Me Asap.

Thanks,

Webster!

Top Bottom