• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Columbus 2010 - June 4-6th - $7,000 - Ally, M2K...everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem.

Smash Master
Wes I'm older than you smash-wise :]. I don't think you know who I am though, lol. I started up in melee tournaments in early 2003 (IVGF Seattle 2003 where winner got $10,000) (Don't mind my join date, my first accounts, FalcoMasta and Jem, are both banned from posting.)

Been going to tournaments for 1/3 of my life.. haha. i just recently turned 20 in march.

cant wait for this! flight leaves at 8:55 AM :].

Today -- I believe you heard wrong. I know a lot of people that pay on their dad-family members credit card for whatever reason. It's not like they're gonna fly to the event just to show ID and fly home. You just need the ID of the registered player. (yourself). It's just like a plane flight if you pay on someone elses info. The purchase is in their name, but since the passenger name is yours, you're good to go.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Today -- I believe you heard wrong. I know a lot of people that pay on their dad-family members credit card for whatever reason. It's not like they're gonna fly to the event just to show ID and fly home. You just need the ID of the registered player. (yourself). It's just like a plane flight if you pay on someone elses info. The purchase is in their name, but since the passenger name is yours, you're good to go.
Okay, thanks! I hope this is the case because it wasn't the first time I've heard of it. I appreciate it!

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
I don't know if this has been answered. But I heard that the person that paid needs to show ID? The money was on my father's account. Do I need to bring proof of that somehow? A picture of him? Or something? Please and thanks!
No, that's not correct. IF (we probably will not) ask to see your photo ID, we would want to see the username owners (you).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Smasher Taxi Service! And housing info.

Ive decided that since so many people are having issues with getting to where they need to go, Ive decided that Im going to run a transport service for all the smashers that might not have cars.

Ill be charging a one time fee on ten dollars per person for the entire weekend of service. This includes but might not be limited to:
Hotel (for those not at the MLG hotel) to Venue (Inverse included)
Airport to hotel/Venue (Inverse Included)
Venue to Restaurant (for anybody that gets tired of hot pockets and beef jerky all day for 3 days)

However I will not make any drives that put me at the risk of:
Missing my scheduled matches
Losing enough sleep that it will affect my matches.

If anybody is interested in this option, PM or VM me and we will exchange information.

Also, currently my hotel room is consisting of 5 people. Myself, sharky, San, Acton, and Pikapika! in the hotel for Friday and Saturday. we can make room for 3 more people, currently, the NYC group (cheese, jash, and Wes) and the MD/VA group (lie, Meep, and Boss) have both contacted me about rooming with us for these two days. I dont really have a preference between the two, so whichever one of these groups reads this and gets back to NOT ME but Sharky first 100% confirming that they want the room will get it. dont respond to me because im getting off the cpu and wont be back for like 4 hours.

Wow all i see is random names in this thread lol. I feel like the last of the mohecans going to MLG. so many people i have to worry about that i dont know who they are or where they are from lol. " round 1 Wes vs pee pee hunter(best rob in utah and he secondary is mk)"
" round 2 WES vs sherlock homes (best diddy in maine)" .

freaking randoms in Brawl lol

AND FINALLY ROUND 3 BEFORE I GET PUT INTO THE LOSERS BRACKET " WES VS POLICE ACADEMY SERGENT( BEST SNAKE IN COLORADO).

lol this is too funny.

but you forgot that other random dude, KIDGoggles, or something, from upstate New York. I dont know where the hell that it or who he is, but I heard he had a better sonic than you.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
So I still don't actually have a place to stay for the weekend. I'll need somewhere for Friday and Saturday night so if you need/want an extra person to fill some space in your hotel room to soften the expenses just hit me up at the venue on Friday. I'll be the tall and fat and really goofy-looking guy ( http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100001008195353 ...my hair is shorter now though). If you can't find me just ask Ally; he knows who I am.

Jem.

Smash Master
dakid -- I still need a ride tomorrow to "the hotel down the street" thats where sky says we're staying, haha. he's booking it today. paying $10 > paying $20 :)

King~

Smash Champion
anybody got room in their hotel for me and maybe jason(idk where hes satying, but im taking him) for the weekend, incase the hotel room i orgianlly palnne to stay with is too crowded?

Sharky

Smash Master
Jem we won't be getting to columbus until friday between noon and 2ish, so he won't be able to give rides until then at the earliest.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Hopefully no one is traveling in Central Ohio right now. IF SO BE CAREFUL!!!

We have a tornado/thunderstorm warning untill 8:30. New Albeny [north west of Franklin county] Has a tornado warning.

http://www.weather.com/weather/aler...ificance=W&areaid=OHC049&office=KILN&etn=0011

We also have more chances for storms Thurs, Friday, and Saturday. So make sure you pay attention to central Ohio's weather before and during your travels.

Jem.

Smash Master
Hopefully that doesn't affect flights. (I'm pretty noob at geography) any chance of that messing up WC flights? lol.

aka i dont know if columbus is on the EC side of Ohio or the WC side.

ook

Smash Lord
Hopefully that doesn't affect flights. (I'm pretty noob at geography) any chance of that messing up WC flights? lol.

aka i dont know if central ohio is on the EC side of Ohio or the WC side.
Um... it's in the center. :laugh:

But storms usually travel east (like this one is), so it won't mess up WC flights

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
theres a west coast side of ohio?

in geographic terms Central ohio isnt on the East or the west of Ohio, thats why its called central ohio.

In smash terms, the entirety of Ohio is affiliated with the midwest region.

Kel

Smash Master
Hopefully no one is traveling in Central Ohio right now. IF SO BE CAREFUL!!!

We have a tornado/thunderstorm warning untill 8:30. New Albeny [north west of Franklin county] Has a tornado warning.

http://www.weather.com/weather/aler...ificance=W&areaid=OHC049&office=KILN&etn=0011

We also have more chances for storms Thurs, Friday, and Saturday. So make sure you pay attention to central Ohio's weather before and during your travels.

Do you live in Ohio or something? I've heard you posting about Ohio a lot lately.

Jem.

Smash Master
Dang. I'll be pretty mad if even one persons flight gets delayed too long or cancelled cause of the storms :/

(AKA if it happens to me, I only have 150 cash on me and cant reschedule lol)

My advice would be for everyone to check their email right before they leave for the airport, just to make sure no delay or anything happened :)

i have faith though we shall all make it

MetalPat

Smash Ace
Quick Question to anyone that went to Orlando. What do we need to get into the venue, just photo ID? or is there anything we need to print off, like proof of registration or something?
Don't wanna show up and not be able to get in xD

Jem.

Smash Master
Quick Question to anyone that went to Orlando. What do we need to get into the venue, just photo ID? or is there anything we need to print off, like proof of registration or something?
Don't wanna show up and not be able to get in xD
If you're on AZ's first post, that means you just need ID.

If you didn't buy a pass, you need to be in line to get one of the first 10 or so from Deimos. Exactly $35.

If you bought a pass but are under 18, you need to print off the underrage/consent form and get it signed and bring it.

If you bought a pass and are 18 or older, you just need to bring your photo ID.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
If you're on AZ's first post, that means you just need ID.

If you didn't buy a pass, you need to be in line to get one of the first 10 or so from Deimos. Exactly $35.

If you bought a pass but are under 18, you need to print off the underrage/consent form and get it signed and bring it.

If you bought a pass and are 18 or older, you just need to bring your photo ID.
SCORE! so hyped for the tourney. 10 hour drive tomorrow :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom