• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods Lock this thread, making new one.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
All 3 should be legal, there really isn't any room for opinion, from what I see, since they aren't even considered "counter / ban" in the SBR Ruleset. They are COUNTER.

Only stages in the "Counter/Ban" category should be left to the TO's discretion. All 3 of these are universally legal in pretty much every tournament that supports the SBR ruleset, you can read for yourself here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735

Especially considering that Green Greens is officially a "counter / ban" and it is legal at this tournament, but then you ban 3 stages that aren't even considered ban-able by the official ruleset? Makes no sense, they should all 3 be legal if this is an official/supported SBR tournament, which it is.

MetalMusicMan, I don't think Luigi's Mansion or Corneria should be legal. LM helps certain characters way too much, and fighting is completely different on Corneria.
Even if they were optional bans, your reasoning is not sufficient to ban the stages. In fact, it is the precise reason to include them in the counter list. That's the whole point of counter picking, causing the game to favor certain strategies / characters differently than a neutral stage. That's why it exists.

Nyus

Smash Cadet
Only stages in the "Counter/Ban" category should be left to the TO's discretion. All 3 of these are universally legal in pretty much every tournament that supports the SBR ruleset, you can read for yourself here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735

Especially considering that Green Greens is officially a "counter / ban" and it is legal at this tournament, but then you ban 3 stages that aren't even considered ban-able by the official ruleset? Makes no sense, they should all 3 be legal if this is an official/supported SBR tournament, which it is.
I agree completely with this. Legit stages that aren't up to the TO should be in the tournament no questions asked.

If we start taking of stages that some people think to be unfair that are acceptable by the rest of the community; how are we suppose to advance our game play? LM does have benefits for some characters but green greens is even worse lol. All counters have benefits for some characters hence the word counter. Just my 2 cents.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone like to friendly me on wifi? I'm only asking because I dont want to end up going to the tournament if I suck way worse than everyone else.

FC is 1289-8475-1253

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
lol, stagelist is fine. Personally I think I'd benefit more if you changed. Oh yeah, are we needing to bring TVs as long as Wiis? Also, will the tvs there have lag? Just so I know ahead of time; I'm coming no matter what.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
lol, stagelist is fine. Personally I think I'd benefit more if you changed. Oh yeah, are we needing to bring TVs as long as Wiis? Also, will the tvs there have lag? Just so I know ahead of time; I'm coming no matter what.
They shouldn't have lag.
If you bring a set up, the venue fee is either waved or cut down.
Please do though, I want to have an over abundance of TV's.
Can anyone record?
If so I would like to request some of my Melee matches recorded.

Kurasa

Smash Rookie
I just noticed that the counter pick list doesn't have:

- Luigi's Mansion
- Pictochat
- Corneria

Any particular reasoning on that? They are pretty standard, I thought.
I don't play Smash, so I pretty much carbon copied the ruleset from the Jan 24 Chicago Screenz event. If the general consensus is that those 3 stages be added to the counter pick list then I feel that they should. However, I gave Milk free reign of the Smash event, so talk to him to get it changed.

Rob_Gambino said:
Oh yeah, are we needing to bring TVs as long as Wiis? Also, will the tvs there have lag?
The more TVs we get, the smoother the tournament will be run, so bring one if you can. I've asked that everyone bringing a TV bring a CRT to avoid lag issues.

Radium88

Smash Lord
So I was looking at the schedule and I was wondering if set ups will be split because there's only 1 hour between the different games?

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Well I would imagine so Radium, but we do plan to have a good amount of set ups, so each tourney will not take too long to run.
I've had tourney running exp before, and they usually got done in a couple hours with only like 4 tv's.
I mean, I helped a business run a 72 man before in like...3 - 4 hours, and we only had 8 tv's.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Well I would imagine so Radium, but we do plan to have a good amount of set ups, so each tourney will not take too long to run.
I've had tourney running exp before, and they usually got done in a couple hours with only like 4 tv's.
I mean, I helped a business run a 72 man before in like...3 - 4 hours, and we only had 8 tv's.
Okie dokie. I will take your word for it. I've hosted tournaments when I use to go to Truman State with 6-8 setups and 30-50 entries and yeah, it didn't take as long as I thought it would. I think it took about 3-4 hours maybe? And I was a n00b at it.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
What time is melee tourney?
Well I haven't talked it over with Kurasa yet, but probably sometime mid day about 3.

Don't wanna' double post, so who all thinks they are coming to this?

Ill most likely show up. Ill play some melee with you at the tourney Gambino
I wanna' play you in Melee if you decide to show, Bowser vs Link and Roy vs Link will be sweet.

Teh Future

Smash Master
one week :D

Thanks for getting this set-up Milk, I hope we get some people from OoS, but probably not because Missouri is still dumb.

lol.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Melee yoshi loves both the bowser and roy matchups. I want to feast on some marth, ganon, and possibly samus too.

Don't wanna' double post, so who all thinks they are coming to this?
Bringing a car of at least 3, possibly 5. No She-Geek though :(

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Melee yoshi loves both the bowser and roy matchups. I want to feast on some marth, ganon, and possibly samus too.

Bringing a car of at least 3, possibly 5. No She-Geek though :(
Yeah I don't think I ever met you, so find me, and I'll do some Yoshi matches, fun stuff there.
I need some exp with my Boozer.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
So far the plan is just Brian and I, and he doesn't play Brawl (he's there for the Guilty Gear). So it's likely just me representing Rolla in Brawl. I'll talk to some people though.

We're planning on bringing some equipment though. At best, it will be two TVs, a PS2/Guilty Gear, and a Wii/Brawl. It could be less though; we're not sure.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I have a full car, but maybe people would be will to put TVs on their lap if I don't charge them gas money XD. I can probably bring two TVs and 2 Wiis. Depending on what people are willing to deal with, I might be able to bring 3 TVs (1 crapy one) and 3 Wiis. Is their any reward for bring set ups? Like no door fee or gift certificates to Buffalo Wild Wings?! If you give gift certificates to Buffalo, I'll just load up my car with like 12 set ups, everyone else can find their own ride.

You were just kidding about a techno rave right? I have like 6 more people who want to come if theres a rave lol.

There is a crew in Murray State KY crew with about 12 people in it. I'll invite them again, but I've invited them to real tournaments like 10 times now, but they always back out.

Legan

Smash Lord
Bring some recording equip so we can get the **** on tape.

**** ON
TAPE

**** ON
TAPE

**** smash, im startin a rappin career.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Haha, well if someone can bring a Lappy, I can bring my Gamebridge.
And yes I was kidding about the Rave, though I could probably blast some baller techno.
And kind of improv rave.
You should see Legan get down.
It's pretty hot.

Who all can bring a Wii?
I think we'll be okay on TV's, I just don't know how many Wii's we have.

ALSOOOOOO:

HUGE practice session tomorrow at my house.
Big get together, my house is pretty sweet.
I got a Wii now, so infinite Brawl/Late night foods/if we had stuff to drink, drinking/good times.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Already gots mah practice in. Me/metal/Nyus(his roomate)/AltF4/maybe other people? will be there pretty much as soon as the venue opens with 3+ Wiis and 2 TVs.

TP

Smash Master
I'll be there at 10.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO FRIENDLY ME THEN!!!!!

I haven't played Brawl in a week (too busy johns, no opponents johns).

If I don't get some sort of warm-up before the tournament starts, I'm screwed.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, this is Cheesymike (or cheery mike as they had me listed xD). I just wanted to let you guys know how great of a time I had at this tourney, and I would really appreciate it if any of you guys could help me get more actively involved in our smash community.

Top Bottom