• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mods Lock this thread, making new one.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I'm terrible at teams. I feel so bad for david (future). If I didn't fail we could have done really well hahaha.
We are gone practice tonight, mario/luigi is too good.

Rob our matches were a lot of fun, Diddy vs Metaknight was kinda weird, I was playing bad at first and then it kinda switched and you choked :(, lol Id like to play a match where we both play well the whole time.

And yeah I was happy I did well with Ice Climbers the second match, Im so inconsistent with them though.

Nyus

Smash Cadet
We are gone practice tonight, mario/luigi is too good.

Rob our matches were a lot of fun, Diddy vs Metaknight was kinda weird, I was playing bad at first and then it kinda switched and you choked :(, lol Id like to play a match where we both play well the whole time.

And yeah I was happy I did well with Ice Climbers the second match, Im so inconsistent with them though.

I'll be happy to do some doubles practice with ya! It was really fun haha. Also, I demand you play IC more then twice a month. You'll actually be consistent then!

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I agree. You take a few hours and get that tech stuff down for good, you'll be feared more than jiggs, lolz. The rest would just be mindgames and character matchups, just like you would any char.

Terrydactyl

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6110-5215-0645
Oh man, I had an awesome time. Not nearly as good as I thought I was, but I'd love to play some of you guys online. Love to be more active in the midwest Smash community.

There were a lot more entries than I thought, but maybe that room just seems tiny with over 9000 people in it.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Thanks for bringing your crew Milk and Kim Bo! It was fun playing against you two! Didn't think I'd give you that much trouble eh? Hopefully Daniel comes back; I obviously needs me some Sheik practice....

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Good stuff Lou, these are like 90% happening, I gotta' get Ogre's information back and talk to him about it.
And yeah Radium, I need to play with you guys more, it'll make me better and such. Danny's my only practice basically. Cody is usually busy with school and such.

Oh yeah and my fingers were all broken, and I was dehydrated, and high on cocaine, and drunk off Vodka, and I have cancer.
/johns.

No seriously though.
Good ****.

)J-Bird(

Smash Rookie
Justin: You got unlucky with the pairings, you had to face the man that knocked out our entire crew first. I love you, and I'll see you tonight and give you lovings.
Yeah, just bad luck. Although I did learn that Olimar dittos are the most annoying match-ups i've ever seen. And you lied, you gave me no lovings when we went back to your house....
Where are my lovings???:mad:

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
Next Ogre tournament is May 10? Is this true?
Wow, you got to it quicker than I did after texting you.

I just read on SRK that the next Aerial Rave will be on May 10th. This is from Kurasa himself.

I'm assuming that Brawl will be included in the roster again? (hint - Milk, talk to Jeff plzkthx!)

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
Tell me how old you'll be, and I'll make sure to save that many lasers in lieu of paddlings for your birthday...

...and one to grow on lol.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Geez May is a busy tournament month for st. louis. 1st is that Kahoka circuit, 10th is Ogre, 30st is S.L.O.T.H. I hope most of you come to the latter two.

Kim Bo Slyce

Smash Rookie
Thanks for bringing your crew Milk and Kim Bo! It was fun playing against you two! Didn't think I'd give you that much trouble eh? Hopefully Daniel comes back; I obviously needs me some Sheik practice....
No johns or anything, but I played captain falcon and my old main. Watch me as I whip this out *brings out metaknight from pants*

No it was fun though, sick Kirby!

Geez May is a busy tournament month for st. louis. 1st is that Kahoka circuit, 10th is Ogre, 30st is S.L.O.T.H. I hope most of you come to the latter two.
I for sure will, can I get some more info on these tournies?

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Car pools cheesy mike, car pools. It'll have some working out to do with the parents, but as long as they can see it's not dangerous and it's something you really enjoy, over time they will probably be more willing as long as you behave/meet expectations.

Radium88

Smash Lord
No johns or anything, but I played captain falcon and my old main. Watch me as I whip this out *brings out metaknight from pants*

No it was fun though, sick Kirby!
:( Why didn't you do that in the first place? I needed some challenge :p

May 10? That's a day before my birthday :)
Yays for May birthdays! Mine is actually on S.L.O.T.H which is actually not too far away...3 hours? So maybe....just maybe...

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice

Legan

Smash Lord
Need to see more Rob and Zose. You guys have been approved to be entered into my people who are cool list.

It's a small list so be flattered.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I just noticed that this on Mothers Day. I love my mommy, not entirely sure I can. I usually work midnight shifts on Sundays too, so I would have to leave by 8 no matter. Saturdays is better day if possible.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
I just noticed that this on Mothers Day. I love my mommy, not entirely sure I can. I usually work midnight shifts on Sundays too, so I would have to leave by 8 no matter. Saturdays is better day if possible.
I agree with all of this, except I don't have to work on sunday night

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I didn't think about that either. Make the change happen, Milk! Looks like everyone on SRK is against a Sunday tournament as well.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
>_< I won't be able to make it if it's on Mother's Day either. I have to spend the entire day giving my mom foot massages and sponge baths.

Missing Person

Smash Apprentice
Just saw on SRK, Kurasa changed it to May 9th.

All you good offspring of your mothers can breathe easy, you can still play Brawl and try in vain (note the sarcasm in this) to please your mothers.

Here's the exact post from SRK

Due to the great success that was Aerial Rave STL, Ogre has decided to run a monthly tournament series that will feed into another big one to be held at the end of the year! Get hyped!

AERIAL RAVE STL RANBAT SEASON 1 (MAY 2009 - OCTOBER 2009)

NEXT EVENT:
SATURDAY, MAY 9, 2009

4501 S Kingshighway
St. Louis, MO 63109

Times:
1000 - Registration begins
1000 - Casuals begin
1200 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
1200 - Street Fighter IV
1400 - Side Events begin!
2100 - Casuals end
2200 - Venue closes

Cost/Payout:
$5 - Venue Fee ($1 if you bring a setup)
$5 - Street Fighter IV - 70/20/10
$5 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 70/20/10
$5 - Tatsunoko vs Capcom Side Event - 70/20/10
$5 - HD Remix Side Event - 70/20/10
$5 - Marvel vs Capcom 2 Side Event - 70/20/10

The Deal
$1 of each SFIV entrant's venue fee will be added to the SFIV Ranbat Pot.
$1 of each SSBB entrant's venue fee will be added to the SSBB Ranbat Pot.
The Ranbat Pots will be split amongst the top 8 ranking players at the end of the season.

Ranbat Points
1 - 9 pts
2 - 7 pts
3 - 5 pts
4 - 4 pts
5 - 3 pts
6 - 3 pts
7 - 2 pts
8 - 2 pts
9 - 1 pt <- This is the equality point.

Ranbat Season 1 Prizes
1 - Trophy + 50% Bonus pot
2 - Trophy + 20% Bonus pot
3 - Trophy + 10% Bonus pot
4 - 7.25% Bonus pot
5 - 5% Bonus pot
6 - 2.5% Bonus pot
7 - 2.5% Bonus pot
8 - 2.5% Bonus pot

Tournament Rules:
* Double Elimination
* Rounds are best 2/3 (unless otherwise stated)
* Standard matches are best 2/3 games
* Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best 3/5 games
* Winner keeps same team/character
* Pausing the game will get you a GAME LOSS
* Programmable pads are BANNED
* Game Freezing glitches are BANNED
* Game Resetting glitches are BANNED

* (3S) Gill is BANNED
* (TVC) Fiery Ruins Stage is BANNED
* (GGAC) GOLD characters are banned
* (GGAC) SHADOW characters are banned
* (GGAC) EX characters are banned
* (T5DR) Rounds are best 3/5
* (T5DR) Random stage select
* (T5DR) Jinpachi Mishima is BANNED

SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL RULES:
* Rounds are best 2/3
* 1 on 1
* 3 stocks
* Suicide KOs: initiator gets the win
* 1-Stock rematch if match ties
* Stalling is BANNED
* D3's STANDING infinite is BANNED

SET FORMAT
1. Double blind character select for first match
2. Opponent begins stage striking procedure
3. Each player may ban a counter stage
4. Match 1 is played
5. Loser picks stage from Starter/Counter list
6. Winner chooses character
7. Loser chooses character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

STARTER STAGE LIST
* Smashville
* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Yoshi's Island
* Lylat Cruise

COUNTER STAGE LIST
* Halbert
* Frigate Orpheon
* Delfino Plaza
* Castle Siege
* Norfair
* Green Greens
* Rainbow Cruise
* Jungle Japes
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Luigi's Mansion
* Pictochat

If you have any suggestions or comments, just leave em here. We want as much input as possible to make this series huge!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I think everyone liked having Delfino Plaza and Pokemon Stadium 1 as starters the last time; why remove them as starters? Also, the rules have a typo; it should be "Halberd" not "Halbert".

TP

Smash Master
Milk!!, as you may or may not have noticed, the Character Rankings List is back up in Brawl Tactical. A results thread needs to be made for the last tournament for it to count toward the rankings. Please make one. We all want to see Jigglypuff and Ganondorf rise up the rankings. :)

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I just posted about the last tournament in that topic. I just used Thinkaman's results post for the link; it should be good enough.

TP

Smash Master
Fair enough. I just saw your post in that thread. Can you edit it to include my full name? If people just see "Twilight" they will think I'm a fanboy douchebag. I've never even seen that movie. :laugh:

Cook

Smash Master
I would like to go to this, but I'm graduating that day. My parents would probably prefer that I went to graduation, even though I could win money at this tournament. I guess maybe they'll buy me nice things for graduating, so it evens out.

Top Bottom