• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mole Maniacs: Muddy Mole for SSB4 DLC

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Big stamp of Approval

I Downloaded Mole Mania today, and I have to confess, Muddy May be one of MY top ten Fav. Characters.
This gets the MaskO'Gears approval.

-MaskO'Gears

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nice to hear that, MaskO'Gears. I, too, recently downloaded Mole Mania to play it again on 3DS, and I have to say, it's really great. Although, it's very...wait for it. Underground.

*Rimshot*

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Cause you didn't ask, silly! :D

I'll get on that.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nice to hear that, MaskO'Gears. I, too, recently downloaded Mole Mania to play it again on 3DS, and I have to say, it's really great. Although, it's very...wait for it. Underground.

*Rimshot*
Yes... yes it is...
*Goes back to playing*

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
This may barely be a one month bump, but I'd like to say that I support the Mole.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You have been added, Ariand/AEM. Congrats on being Number 24!

ALSO: Thanks to our friendly neighborhood N3ON, we now have an awesome support banner for our Mole Maniacs. Check out the OP!

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I'll take the 25th spot on the supporter list, if its alright. I downloaded Mole Mania yesterday and loved it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Reviving this after this thread's pretty long hiatus to welcome any new supporters that may have joined since E3!

As such, I have some lovely Muddy fan-art to share with you all from our very own Hotfeet444!
[Collapse=Fan-art]
[/Collapse]

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I approve of your enthusiasm, MaskO'Gears!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I just downloaded Mole Mania yesterday. Really fun and unique game. Got me thinking about a revival...
Sign me up as a supporter, easily one of my most wanted retros.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm APC99 and I approve of Muddy Mole!

In a perfect world, we'd see Takamaru, Lip, Tamagon, Sukapon, Muddy Mole and Mach Rider all together in SSB4. But there can be only one. So, I'm going to say that Muddy's got a very good chance. Plus, Mole Mania is addicting.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Sometimes, I get real jealous that this gets more replies (and supporters :cry:) than Prince Sable, he needs more love and attention. ;-; Perhaps you are my new Prince Richard.
Anyways I played Mole Mania on an emulator, I must say it's a neat game so far. I can't seem to beat level one. :/
I guess you could call me a supporter.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Is one of the best puzzle games ever, i love it to death.
I like to think in him as a mario spinoff, but he is not ;_;

Yes pls, i was thinking in a pichu/sonic clone for his moveset for some reason.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The franchise desperately needs a sequel / remake for the 3DS.
It's like the system was made for it or something.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
(Gives this thread a free bump)
Is one of the best puzzle games ever, i love it to death.
I like to think in him as a mario spinoff, but he is not ;_;

I don't think Muddy will be an speedy character, for a character that digs, I think that would be insane overpowered.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I don't even think that is possible, Moles are not naturally fast creatures. They do not spin and generate electricity either (contrary to popular belief).

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
That doesn't really make him clone potential though.
He can dig underground, throw bombs, and a lot more things that neither Pichu or Sonic can do.
And how could you be a clone of Pichu anyway?
People for some reason think in lucario and ike as "clones", ganondorf at least have sense but still...

I was thinking in pichu's movement and size mainly, i can definitely see him as a refference, fast and tiny, even some normals.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
I just played Muddy's game for the first time. I enjoy it. And i think he would be a fine character in Smash. I support him.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Alright, so I played Mole Mania for the first time a few days ago...

From the looks of it, Muddy can dig underground and create iron balls to set up traps. In fact, the idea of Muddy pitfalling opponents, digging another hole, and then being able to damage the pitfalled opponent with an Iron Ball through that other hole is genius. However, there's one thing against that:

Traveling stages. While characters like Snake and Villager, who do use traps as a main weapon, have other abilities which can aid them (different projectiles), Muddy doesn't have that specific ability.

My solution is that the Iron Balls become smaller. He can summon them, and then charge his special to change how fast they go forward. They still block projectiles, have momentum and such (if a stage tilts, they'll tilt, if they're pushed/attacked with imense knockback, they'll burst forward) but are smaller and more easy for Muddy to move with. He can still pick them up again and carry them (one at a time), but I also think that the holes could become his own little area. For instance, Muddy can dig a hole and throw in an Iron Ball. Eventually, that hole will seal up over time, or when an opponent steps into it. However, by digging another hole, the Iron Ball will pop out, available for him to use. Imagine storing Smart-Bombs, exploding the minute they pop out of the hole. Uniras, a perfect defense. Muddy can become a formidable opponent by throwing balls into pitfalls as they KO opponents, then summoning them again for a final blow.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Sakurai likes creative characters. Muddy can be a very creative character if given the chance.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
After having bought Mole Mania for the 3DS yesterday, I'd say that Muddy definitely has potential enough to be a unique character, especially the obvious digging.

I think it would be cool if, when he digs into the ground, it leaves a hole where you entered and exited, and you can drop an Iron Ball or Cabbage into a hole and it comes out on the other side. But I digress.

If Muddy Mole made it in, I'd certainly be happy. Count me as a supporter!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I thought i'd already supported, apparently I haven't. Put me down.

Top Bottom