• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mortal Kombat 9

Get Low

Smash Ace
Your execution might be a little mushy, if you're just starting out.

Practice cleaning up your input, and you'll also get more comfortable with the game as well.
Thanks for the advice. After playing it pretty much all day, I've gotten a little bit more used to the controls. I also figured out that my inputs are more successful when I'm not being overly-agressive on the controller while trying to do them.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Thanks for the advice. After playing it pretty much all day, I've gotten a little bit more used to the controls. I also figured out that my inputs are more successful when I'm not being overly-agressive on the controller while trying to do them.
Take your time on it xD, if you want we can play sometimes, provided that you have Rain. pitzer757 is my Gamertag

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Anyone get the secret jade fight? I can't get it to save my soul.... :/

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
The Jade fight is probably the hardest to get out of all of them.Just kinda luck based.

Anybody want to play sometime?I play on 360 btw
If you have Rain then I will, I think I still have you added, unless you changed your name? In which case I bet YOU DID change your name to Fluttershy?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So did they patch Freddy yet?

Also, I think I might pick up Kabal, dude is pretty fun.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Anyone wanna get whooped in UMK3? My gamertag is EhrGeizoNe, let me know.

Zone

Smash Champion
I have never had lag problems with mk9, not even before netcode patch.

I do spend an extra 40 bucks a months for a significantly larger mps.

The saltiness of mk9 online is ridiculous. I've gotten to the point that life is alot easier if I would just black list every person that rage quits/sandbags ect ect until about 10 minutes later o unblock them.

So I in turn own them when they cant fuel their hate toward me via private message. I save time not talking to a trashy person.

:phone:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I have never had lag problems with mk9, not even before netcode patch.

I do spend an extra 40 bucks a months for a significantly larger mps.

The saltiness of mk9 online is ridiculous. I've gotten to the point that life is alot easier if I would just black list every person that rage quits/sandbags ect ect until about 10 minutes later o unblock them.

So I in turn own them when they cant fuel their hate toward me via private message. I save time not talking to a trashy person.

:phone:
Or you could just not respond?

And I'm guessing from that level of salt that you play Kung Lao, Kabal, or Noob Saibot?

Zone

Smash Champion
Or you could just not respond?

And I'm guessing from that level of salt that you play Kung Lao, Kabal, or Noob Saibot?
I play Jade

Your right I could "not" respond. But the message will still hit me, and you know how human curiousity is. Well I can stomp my curiousity by just black listing, then unblacklisting a match or 2 later.

Also curious... Anyone else a victim of getting owned by someone who's "ok" but doesn't mix up their stuff delayed?

what I mean by this I seem to be weak to people who don't uh... mix up lol.

Like I'll punish a mileena 3 times in a row... for rolling me as Jade... So I think... Well... this person is sort of smart, they probably won't go for it AGAIN. then they do... and I eat a combo lol. I tried to meaty mileena with DB2, and she rolls me just cuz I thought... this person will have to change it up or DIE!

dunno I'm weak to this stuff. If they aren't a QUICK adapter or a complete scrub I tend to get owned. If they are one of those semi-adapting decent players. They tend to school me a bit.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I play Jade
Oh.

...why the hell would you get hatemail for Jade?

Also curious... Anyone else a victim of getting owned by someone who's "ok" but doesn't mix up their stuff delayed?

what I mean by this I seem to be weak to people who don't uh... mix up lol.

Like I'll punish a mileena 3 times in a row... for rolling me as Jade... So I think... Well... this person is sort of smart, they probably won't go for it AGAIN. then they do... and I eat a combo lol. I tried to meaty mileena with DB2, and she rolls me just cuz I thought... this person will have to change it up or DIE!

dunno I'm weak to this stuff. If they aren't a QUICK adapter or a complete scrub I tend to get owned. If they are one of those semi-adapting decent players. They tend to school me a bit.
So basically you're overpredicting?

The key is to find out in the first round if your opponent is really that stupid and then adjust your gameplan accordingly.

Zone

Smash Champion
Oh.

...why the hell would you get hatemail for Jade?

So basically you're overpredicting?

The key is to find out in the first round if your opponent is really that stupid and then adjust your gameplan accordingly.
yeah I overpredict. Should I just keep at the same punishment til THEY CHANGE it up? I feel vulnerable when I do that lol.
but i'm not saying they are REALLY stupid... the guys that give me trouble can do their combos/block when it's needed/ a little pokey. It's just when I do checks/conditioners... their reaction makes 100% no sense to me. Like I'll poke a guy with Down4 like twice, then go for a overhead. and he'll just keep blocking high, So I go for ike 5 lows in a row THEN HE finally starts blocking low, but then goes high again lol. I'm not sure if this person being excessively smart and knowing that i'm a smart guy and knows the overhead is coming... or if he's just ******** with defense, or if he's just not knowing what's happening so he keeps holding the block button.

I might just be extremely overthinking it.

Zoner's will hate me obviously... I just flash through everything. REALLY AGGRESSIVE players hate playing me... because well I glow into a 37% combo. And I'm REALLY REALLY good at corner ******, and jade just so happens to be REALLY good at carrying people to the corner.

So I guess that's where their saltyness comes from? god forbid they have to play a little different against a jade. I mean... I only have 1 OVERHEAD and you can block it on reaction.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
yeah I overpredict. Should I just keep at the same punishment til THEY CHANGE it up? I feel vulnerable when I do that lol.
I know I know, but you have to keep in mind that the typical online player is not at the cognitive ability of most of the great apes and thus is going to do the exact same thing time and time again regardless of how badly they get punished for it.

Top Bottom