• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mortal Kombat 9

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Here are some basic combo's and etc.

1, 2, -> 4, Dash in, 1, 2, Water gun

Some Advance Ones

1, 2, -> 4, dash in, 1, 2, Super Roundhouse, Jump in 4, Teleport Enhanced (down up + Block)

Some expert ones

1, 2, -> 4, Dash in 1, 2, -> 4, Dash In, 4, 3, Lightning strike, Mind control Orb, Hold till directly above you, Teleport attack

1, 2, -> 4, Dash in, 1, 2, Super Roundhouse, 2, 4, Lightning strike, Mind control Orb, Hold till directly above you. Teleport attack

Combo's with X Ray

1, 2, -> 4, Dash in, 1, 2, -> 4, Dash in, 4, 3, Lightning Strike, Mind control Orb, Send enemy away from you and as high as you can, X ray, Uppercut 43%

1, 2, -> 4, Dash in 1, 2, Super Roundhouse, 2, 4, Lightning Strike, Mind Control Orb, Away from you as high as possible, X ray, Uppercut.

Corner combo's

1, 2, -> 4, 1, 2, -> 4, 1, 2, -> 4, Uppercut

Enhanced Combo's with 3 bar usage.

Enhanced Power Up, Jump in Punch 1, 4, Enhanced Super RoundHouse, Uppercut, Dash in, 4, 3, Mind control Orb, till on top of you, 4, 3, Enhanced Lightning Strike, Jump in delayed 3, Uppercut. 74%

Enhanced Power Up, Jump in Punch 1, 4, Enhanced Super Roundhouse, Uppercut, Dash in, 4, 3, Enhanced Lightning Strike, Dash in, 4, 3 (whiff the first hit), Mind Control Orb, Till on top of you, 4, 3, Teleport upward Kick. 76%

Rain combo's

Etc combo's

1, 2, -> 4, Dash in, 1, 2, -> 4, Dash in, 4, 3, cancel to Mind control Orb, 4, 3, Lightning Strike, Xray.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Alex Valle just beat Detroit Ballin in Shang Tsung dittos in top16 at EVO and said "Your soul is mine".

lmao

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
He felt like PL, downloaded his Mileena and adapted to it. So he went Cyrax

He really didn't have confidence after he got his teleports punished and the hat tricks.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm not trying to knock him down at all. Taking out Ryan Hart with Sindel is pretty damn impressive.

I mean, Ryan Hart seemed like he hadn't been playing Kabal very intensely or for very long, but still.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm not trying to knock him down at all. Taking out Ryan Hart with Sindel is pretty damn impressive.

I mean, Ryan Hart seemed like he hadn't been playing Kabal very intensely or for very long, but still.
Yeah, Ryan Hart is a boss and a great player but not right here.

"Maybe if I run this time....no? Ok then, a projectile!"

Not to mention dropping bnb's everywhere.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Brady is just a drama magnet. Maybe this is what DoA does to people.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So, I'm Rain/Smoke/Sub now, got 3 people for this game like my teams for mvc3.

I can do crazy stuff with Rain, but I suck at movement. Mostly because I'm trying to make myself use the d-pad. I've been taught to discard the analog stick.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I use Arcade stick for this game also, freddy is hat tier.
Well I'm mastering D-pad for mvc3, so XD.

Does that mean Freddy is good? I might just go Rain>Smoke/Freddy>Sub(I just like Sub), just because Freddy is Freddy.

I need help with Secret Jade Trophy. I can't get Double Flawless with Rain/Sub, and I get close but Smoke but argh.

Also how am I supposed to get 10 ranked wins ina row when I can't find anyone to play with ranked? I know the netkode sucks, but dang.

Get Low

Smash Ace
I bought a 360 along with Mortal Kombat this week. The game is pretty great, but I'm having an issue with the analog stick and the d-pad being too touch-sensitive. An example would be if I'm try to hit over, the game will often read it as down-over, or something like that. I don't really know if this is a common problem or not, or if it's the game or the controller's fault.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Your execution might be a little mushy, if you're just starting out.

Practice cleaning up your input, and you'll also get more comfortable with the game as well.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
That's not what negative edge is.

Negative edge is when you hold a button and release a button, and the game recognizes when you pressed it and when you released it as an input for both. So, not only can a move, such as a hadouken, be done upon entering the down diagonal forward motion then pressing punch, but it can also be done when the motion is entered and releasing the punch button after being held down.

Top Bottom