• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moses Presents RAGE: April 16th, LOCATION CONFIRMED, SENDING HYPE

nicaboy

Smash Champion
whoa your going to ultra too? wtf man.

anyway personaly im not gonna make it in march sorry :( sfl on the other may be able too attend if they find a ride or not. I dunno. Good luck though bro :)

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
The date has officially been moved to April 16th. A venue has been found and secured for this date.

Here is the address:
Delta Upsilon Fraternity (the easiest thing to see on the front of the building is "Δϒ")
1814 W. University Ave.
Gainesville, FL 32603

Moses, our host, should be back on smashboards soon to update the first page and get this hyped up once again.

Here is the new hype sig for the event

(I hope Moses is ok with the editing job I did on the sig)

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Yeah, keep hyping this ****. I need to edit the first post with more deets.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys. Sorry it took so long. But it's here!!

Huge thanks to Patrick (Raistlin) for hooking us up with the venue. We will be talking later this week to iron out all the details about timing and what to run so stay tuned.

But for now
GET HYPED!!

Zone

Smash Champion
Good to know :D. I've talked to Ragnarok about going, As well as Taco. I don't think Justin and Thomas(******) wanna go. I'll talk to pritch/john/David(Rice) as well... when I got time :D

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
New venue, new date, new name awesome.

GET EXCITED PEOPLE!

I'm calling out every good player in Florida. If you think you're hot ****, come to Gainesville and we'll knock you down a peg or two!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Can you have Brawl here 2? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!

I'll be in town 4 work so if anyone wants to come to a party with me 4 free lemme kno :)

& odds are Imma go 0-2 so can I just go str8 2 Ammy bracket????

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Just so everyone knows:

The only way I could get my fraternity to let us use the house was if we somehow turned it into a fundraiser. We are currently working toward a $3000 goal to fund a construction philanthropic venture in Jamaica. Several chapters of Delta Upsilon from around the country are going to build a cafeteria for a school in a rural part of the nation. Without this cafeteria the school will be shut down, and all the children in the area will not have access to an education. So while a door fee may be a little annoying, know that you can come here and compete as you always have, but that your door fee will be going to some needy kids in Jamaica instead of an overbearing store owner. So we hope turnout to this is huge so that we can make a lot of money for the kids!

Also, if demand is high enough, we can provide burgers/hot dogs/sodas/chip combo meals for like $3/$4 (all of which would also go to the charity), which is about $2-$3 less than all the nearby food places.

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
Just so everyone knows:

The only way I could get my fraternity to let us use the house was if we somehow turned it into a fundraiser. We are currently working toward a $3000 goal to fund a construction philanthropic venture in Jamaica. Several chapters of Delta Upsilon from around the country are going to build a cafeteria for a school in a rural part of the nation. Without this cafeteria the school will be shut down, and all the children in the area will not have access to an education. So while a door fee may be a little annoying, know that you can come here and compete as you always have, but that your door fee will be going to some needy kids in Jamaica instead of an overbearing store owner. So we hope turnout to this is huge so that we can make a lot of money for the kids!

Also, if demand is high enough, we can provide burgers/hot dogs/sodas/chip combo meals for like $3/$4 (all of which would also go to the charity), which is about $2-$3 less than all the nearby food places.
Wow couldn't have put it better myself Pat. I'd be down to help with any kind of food needs you might have. Like, we'll do a walmart takeover and donate the food to DU and yall can sell it real cheap.

If you reeeely think it'll work/be a good idea, then we can work this out. (:
Im sure the prize money I'll win for placing top 3 will more than pay for any expenses i make on this :p

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I think cheap combo meals would be great since we have a grill at the house, I just don't want to get all that food and not have anyone buy it, or worse, have a low turnout :-(

Top Bottom