• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Recent Japanese tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Very interesting.

This reminds me to watch Japanese videos and see how they perform (differently) with each character.

Any specific players other than the Apex stars (and 9B) that I should check out?

Steam

Smash Hero
Even if this list is 7 months old, I cannot fathom how characters like Yoshi DK Lucario and Pikachu are so low.
While characters like Fox Zelda and Mario are a bit too high. Aside from these 7 the list pretty much looks okay outside of their B-Tier being incredibly Small.
Apparently lucario used to be low tier in japan XD

but yeah It just kinda comes down to who gets played/advanced... I'm sure in japan they're saying WTF at like... pikachu being so high just like we are about pit.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Earth is a top Pit over there and placed 17th at Apex, losing to Ally in Round 1, and later losing to Sweet Pea (another Japanese player).

A good chunk of the best Japanese players went to Apex and placed 2nd, 7th, 13th, 17th and two 33rds, but apparently Brood's not even their best Olimar. Rain I believe is their best player, but maybe it was familiarity with DEHF that caused Brood to do better, despite not being considered better than Rain. Just for anyone that was wondering.

Also 9B is ****.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
9B is amazing, as are Earth and RAIN.

Shu and Souther are also pretty good snakes to watch, I learn a lot of unorthodox stuff from them as well as people like Ally, Calzorz, and Fatal.

Also, lol that Thumbs = Samus in translation :p Thumbs are anything but bottom tier, without them I don't think anyone would be able to play this game aside from Broly.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Earth is a top Pit over there and placed 17th at Apex, losing to Ally in Round 1, and later losing to Sweet Pea (another Japanese player).

A good chunk of the best Japanese players went to Apex and placed 2nd, 7th, 13th, 17th and two 33rds, but apparently Brood's not even their best Olimar. Rain I believe is their best player, but maybe it was familiarity with DEHF that caused Brood to do better, despite not being considered better than Rain. Just for anyone that was wondering.

Also 9B is ****.
RAIN isn't their best player.
Nietono & 9B probably are. Earth, Shu, Rain, Brood and some other are not that far away anyway. Japan Skill Level is very close. Correct me if I'm wrong :)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Earth only became a top player in Japan recently. His placings before and at Apex didn't quite do justice to the label of "top level" play. Recently he had a breakthrough performance in tournament though - after losing to RAIN [who placed 5th eventually] in winners he managed to place 2nd by beating Yui, Otori, Shu and Brood in losers Bracket all in a row.

In terms of consistency and placings 9B is clearly their #1, followed by Nietono. After that Shu, Masashi and Otori are all doing extremely well on a consistent basis, alongside Rain, Brood, El, Yui and very recently Earth.

:059:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
anything on snake players? i dont know very many notable players rofl

BigBaobao

Smash Rookie
on youtube ssbbmania (http://www.youtube.com/user/ssbbmania1) and westsmash which includes japanese melee (http://www.youtube.com/user/westsmash) show most of the japanese videos. 9b was the best in japan when he played ice climbers but now he switched to lucario and hes not anymore. nietono is now. but 9b in my opinion could be considered the best in the world if he plays his IC's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1SrqDN_ORs&feature=channel_video_title and rain hasn't been doing so well recently getting 9th and 13th in recent tournaments. he was able to place a second against 9b though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom